Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSocialNorm
voyeur
Loc: East OverShoe
Re: What's a fair price for Lion's Mane? [Re: BigGym]
    #2568374 - 04/16/04 03:31 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Long time listener, first time caller

2-3 pound fruits are fairly common for me

I use an oak sawdust/ organic midds. crude protein 17.2pct,crude fat 2.8pct, crude fiber 10pct./ and a bit of gyp. moisture till it looks right.
after noccing and sealing, I put an elastic around the bag just above the substrate level, sort of bottle necking an area of about 3 inch. dia.
After a couple of weeks the Bears Head ( what they are referred to here) will begin forming invitro. the 3 inch. dia. area at the top of the substrate provides a great base for large fruits and also speeds the process up a bit. allowing me the ability to see exactly when they are ready to go into the growroom. usually when the invitro mushroom is at about 1/2 pound or so. where they really only spend about six days, depending on how efficently the room is working and outside temps.
IMO the longer time spent invitro/ the better the final appearance
i don't have a digi but can probably take some pics soon.
oh ya they go $8- $12/ lb. I Usually grow between 60- and 120 lbs./ week

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFungushead
Carnivore

Loc: Washington State
    #2570166 - 04/17/04 01:44 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I need to learn how to cultivate this one. There's currently no one producing them that I can find within the immediate area. If I could get a price like that

:grin:

Nice.

--------------------
2004: The year telemarketing started to shrivel up like a cold pair of nuts.

OfflineBigGym
person ofrestrictedheight
Loc: Welsh Hills
Re: What's a fair price for Lion's Mane? [Re: brainbreath]
    #2571600 - 04/17/04 05:03 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Seems as though cultivation methods differ and prices vary in extremities - but what do you do with your Hericium?

We slice it fairly thin (2-5mm) and then marinade it in oyster sauce for about 3 hours - can go for longer but ours tested and tasted best at 3 - and then fry the slices in extremely hot oil (good Soy or Sesame - not Canola! and not quite fire!) for about 60 seconds. First tried this in Japan in 1999, and the taste took my legs from under me - cold, rainy night, hot tasty food!

Prompted the term "Culinary Orgasm", which will feature heavily in our future marketing promo for this mushroom.

Invisiblebrainbreath
perpetual newbie
Loc: down on the corner
    #2572221 - 04/17/04 08:46 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

We like to tear it up into about 1" pieces and saute in oil on high heat for about a minute, then sear it with butter. The idea came from GGMM, it might not be exact but Stamets recommends something similar to it. Delicious

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract