Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Oyster Shell, Peat, Perlite, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebenjamin
da shroom

Odd looking shrooms on cased rye
    #2571371 - 04/17/04 05:17 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

These were all cased on 4/3/04. Each spent 2 days in the incubator, and then were fruited in a rubbermaid lined with perlite. There are 2 airstones in the perlite and they pump a small amount of air into the chamber constantly. All of these jars were first innoculated back on february 24th, and took a while to colonize, then were refridgerated for a few days. They're all malabar strain from ralphster. My casing is made of 2 parts vermiculate, 1 part peat, 1 part coco, with a light sprinkling of crushed oyster shells. So if you can tell from these puny pictures there are some strage things going on here.

Temps: 70's consistently
Humidity: Usually 99%

Here you can see a few shrooms. One of the fatties in the lower left in that cluster has a busted veil, but the others look closed. They seems to be slowing down in their growth however. The cluster at the top has been growing quickly, but i can't tell if its going to abort like shroom that's tipped over in the next picture. Does the veil look like its going to break?

In this picture you can see that one shroom has pre-matured and the veil is broken and its falling over. A few other small shrooms have aborted as well, the veils are broken, i don't think you'll be able to tell though from the picture. That grey fluffy stuff on the right corner appeared early grew pretty quick for a day or 2 and then turned from white to a grey-blue. it hasn't advanced in at least a week, and it doesn't seem to be affecting the rest of the casing.

BTW, using this airstone in perlite method how can I reduce humidity a little bit, should i just fan more often? Should i run the air pump on a timer? Right now i'm fanning about every 4 hours I'm not sleeping and misting a a few indirect sprays. I don't have a light in the chamber, but when i open it I shine my 15w flourescent on them.

Thanks for the help.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDieCommie
El Guapo
Re: Odd looking shrooms on cased rye [Re: benjamin]
    #2571386 - 04/17/04 05:23 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

No i dont think those veils are close to streaching....

Also that contam looks nasty....you sure it hasnt moved in a week? Maybe you should cut it out or something....

OfflineTheDrugStore
Shroomer

Loc: Hawaii Flag
Re: Odd looking shrooms on cased rye [Re: benjamin]
    #2571405 - 04/17/04 05:31 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

CUT THAT WHOLE SECTION OUT RIGHT NOW! That is some serious contam going on. It is not a healthy mold and if it gets to your mushrooms, you eating them will not be healthy at all... and result in you getting really sick. OH yea and to answer your question... no the veil isent breaking at all yet, they look normal. You will notice the mushrooms starting to flaten out before the veil break and then after the veil breaks it will really turn into a saucer plate if you let it. Ummm oh yea, turn that humidity down. 99% is way to much, you want it around 82-92%, no more, no less.

--------------------
Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana and mushrooms in private for personal use.

Edited by TheDrugStore (04/17/04 06:15 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Oyster Shell, Peat, Perlite, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation