Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Grow Light, Gypsum, Paul Stamets, Peat, Perlite, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenotdumasilook
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: NC
Newbie here, Advice on vendors and strain??
    #25709852 - 12/29/18 03:55 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Howdy folks.!!.. glad I found this site. I have a question. I want to attempt to grow my own P Cubensis for my wife and I. We are both getting towards "end of life", its knocking at our door.. and from my reading an experience on these little jewels can help with the depression, pain, and indeed the fear of ones impending death. Trying to delay it a bit, using Paul Stamets Turkeytail shrooms...bu meanwhile Im looking for a dependable source of Cubensis spores. perhaps the injection??.. as I want to try the injection method in to grain spawn...perhaps adding it to wheat straw for more bulk and potency. Who would be the vendor yall might recommend?? Im not sure I have months to experiment and/or $$ to waste on bogus ripoff sites. As for strain,, it looks like the golden teachers are pretty hardy,, any advice in this arena I would also appreciate. Also, if I am lucky enough to get them to fruit, what would be the wet weight for a proper decent dose for a 145 lb person??. I can get perlite, peat moss, vermiculite, lime at home depot...and I have 4 empty aquariums I think might work for fruiting... or if needed can get the plastic tubs with lids... Im scanning the site trying to gain knowledge on techniques but any suggestions from the masters here is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineIgnorantOne
Space Pirate Applicant
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Newbie here, Advice on vendors and strain?? [Re: notdumasilook]
    #25709865 - 12/29/18 04:06 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I am by far no master.

With that being said, your skills and timeframe considered, I would suggest running with the PF Tek to something that requires little maintenance. What has worked for me is fruiting in a Humidity Chamber.

As for vendors, this site has a list of trusted vendors for you to choose from.

I will get the links here in a moment -

PF Tek - https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24179086

Humidity Chamber - https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25339094

Trusted Sources - https://www.shroomery.org/sponsors.php

--------------------
Ignorance is bliss when tis folly to be wise.

Agar Sectoring/Isolation
Mono
How to PC
Improved PF Tek

Edited by IgnorantOne (12/29/18 04:11 PM)

OfflineMadValley
Stranger than Most

Loc: An island in the PNW Flag
    #25709875 - 12/29/18 04:10 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Check the site's sponsors. They do not sell spores for growing (other than culinary species) but rather for microscopy, as a food additive, and artwork (spore prints are very pretty). All of the sponsors are highly reputable and trusted. But you will not get a specific recommendation as you are proposing to use spores in a highly illegal manner. Any use of the spores other than for their intended educational and culinary use is not advised.

If you do use your spores for any other use (such as your proposed grow) I (and pretty much everybody else who will weigh in here) would highly recommend choosing a tek and following it religiously for your first grow. Look here: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24144021

--------------------
How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Newbie here, Advice on vendors and strain?? [Re: MadValley]
    #25709892 - 12/29/18 04:22 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

The name printed on a syringe is actually a variety not a strain. There's infinity possible strains of any variety. You cant buy better or worse genetics in a spore syringe. You're getting a roll of the dice. The only thing that makes a spore syringe better or worse is contaminants. Any reputable sponsor/vendor is fine to use to obtain spores.

Any variety of cubes is a good variety to pick.

Paul stamets is a con artist snake oil salesman. And all around scumbag.

Straw has absolutely nothing to do with potency. Potency comes from the genetics. If you carefully select for potent genetics they grow potent shrooms on any substrate or grain Choice you pick.

Offlinenotdumasilook
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#25709898 - 12/29/18 04:25 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks bunches...!! These old eyes would have searched all day without finding those sites.

OfflineMadValley
Stranger than Most

Loc: An island in the PNW Flag
    #25709901 - 12/29/18 04:27 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Also, The IgnorantOne has it spot on. Ziran's PF tek is easy to follow and reliable. Mateah's humidity chamber is the beginner's best choice for simplicity (IMO...no flames from hole-drilling aficionados, please). GTs are robust and forgiving (in my limited experience). Go for it!

--------------------
How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Offlinenotdumasilook
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Newbie here, Advice on vendors and strain?? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25709918 - 12/29/18 04:39 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Ouchie... I was hoping his turkeytail would slow down things a bit. Never heard he was a crook. I bought one of his books back in the early 90s and it seemed legit.
And I guess im misinformed. I read somewhere that the added nitrogen in the wheat straw helped potency. But I understand one is liable to read lots of BS if he digs enough.  Thanks!!

Offlinenotdumasilook
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#25709921 - 12/29/18 04:42 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Indeed.? Then lets just say Im asking a hypothetical question then.. And sorry... did not intend on violating any site rules.

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #25709925 - 12/29/18 04:44 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Nitrogen may play a role in longevity of a grow but I've seen no evidence that it can change the potency of a culture.

Sporeworks is where i get all of my spore syringe microscopy supplies

Offlinenotdumasilook
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Newbie here, Advice on vendors and strain?? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25716591 - 01/01/19 04:56 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Been re-reading Stamets book and reading post and watching tons of youtube vids. Things have come a long way since I first got Stamets book back in the 90 Tried a couple of grows and both times I got great mycelium but failed to fruit (and I figured out why... too dry)… so I got me 2 clear tots.. one for the grow chamber... one for the SAB. Im gonna try several versions... the rice flour cake.... the rye seed.. and I'll stagger it so I can try a wheat grass/manure combo. Pretty handy here and I can build/design anything. I have 3 grow lights high in blue spectrum (aquarium ) computer fans. about 10 x20 ft of Tyvek and sheetrock scrap (gypsum) from a construction site, got peat moss and hydrated lime and ... So wish me luck.  This site is a gold mine of info. Thanks all for your input!!!!! and Happy New Year to all!!!

OfflineBuzzed_wire
Stranger
Re: Newbie here, Advice on vendors and strain?? [Re: IgnorantOne]
    #25725220 - 01/05/19 03:39 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Well one place I can tell you to stay away from is the spore store they ripped me off I  was doing my first grow and didn't get anything no mycelium and no mold or bacteria I tried a lot of different things with my spore syringes so I ordered 10 syringes from the spore depot and all of them were good I have 10 liquid cultures that came out fine I have golden Teachers and pink buffaloes in the monotub I'm still New to this but the spore depot done me righteous

OfflineBuzzed_wire
Stranger
Re: Newbie here, Advice on vendors and strain?? [Re: Buzzed_wire]
    #25725224 - 01/05/19 03:41 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Stay away from the spore store

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Grow Light, Gypsum, Paul Stamets, Peat, Perlite, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started