Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinenumnum59
Pro-Am Mycologist

Phenibut HCL
    #25705623 - 12/27/18 10:06 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

anyone have any experience with Phenibut? I've read that it can help to quit drinking, and i would really like to stop drinking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: Phenibut HCL (moved) [Re: numnum59]
    #25705710 - 12/27/18 10:45 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

This thread was moved from The Psychedelic Experience.

Reason:
wrong forum.

OfflineVeganRights
Sentient Being
Male
Re: Phenibut HCL (moved) [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #25705773 - 12/27/18 11:26 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

I have used it in the past, i have to admit that the effects felt nice, but it caused really bad pain to my kidneys after a while. I would stay far far away from that stuff, i feel it's like pure poison. Kratom i have used a while too, same problem.. am very happy my body is recovering as best as possible... never wanting to harm my temple again

Offlinemelanoxylon
Stranger
Re: Phenibut HCL [Re: numnum59]
    #25706515 - 12/27/18 06:59 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

I used phenibut for a couple years, till it became illegal here. After a while I was happy to be off it. I did quit drinking while on it, but not because of it. In fact it made alcohol more interesting. A typical scenario was drink 3 beers and fall asleep. Then wake up an hour later and keep drinking. Other than that I found it to be a very mild mood enhancer. Mildly addictive too. That enhancement seemed to come at the cost of wellbeing over the next couple days, like many drugs. Would not recommend.

Offlinenumnum59
Pro-Am Mycologist

Re: Phenibut HCL [Re: melanoxylon]
    #25708117 - 12/28/18 04:51 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

melanoxylon said:
I used phenibut for a couple years, till it became illegal here. After a while I was happy to be off it. I did quit drinking while on it, but not because of it. In fact it made alcohol more interesting. A typical scenario was drink 3 beers and fall asleep. Then wake up an hour later and keep drinking. Other than that I found it to be a very mild mood enhancer. Mildly addictive too. That enhancement seemed to come at the cost of wellbeing over the next couple days, like many drugs. Would not recommend.

did u do anything special to fill the void of the drinking habit? im currently drinking seltzer waters in place of beer and it seems to be working...

Offlinemelanoxylon
Stranger
    #25710415 - 12/29/18 06:45 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

numnum59 said:
did u do anything special to fill the void of the drinking habit?

Weed daily and psys weekly, low doses generally. Alcohol was part of tripping and weed for me, and there was some coming up anxiety immediately after quitting. It wasn't as bad as I expected and didn't last as long as I expected. Less than 3 months, but it took a year or more to get the full benefits of quitting alcohol, improvements in both physical and mental health. Good luck!

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
    #25710828 - 12/30/18 12:23 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

numnum59 said:

Replacing dependence on one drug with another drug seems foolish.

I recommend dealing with the void without drugs. Get to the bottom of it.

Distractions (exercise, hobbies, etc) are just avoiding the issue!

Offlinenumnum59
Pro-Am Mycologist

Re: Phenibut HCL [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #25711105 - 12/30/18 07:05 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RJ Tubs 202 said:
Quote:

numnum59 said:

Replacing dependence on one drug with another drug seems foolish.

I recommend dealing with the void without drugs. Get to the bottom of it.

Distractions (exercise, hobbies, etc) are just avoiding the issue!

what i have been doing is drinking alot of seltzer water, i notice that while im playing video games is when i drink the most and its mostly a habit of picking something up and drinking it, kinda how smoking is.

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#25711471 - 12/30/18 11:28 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Carbonated water really helped me with the craving of actually consuming a drink. I have barely had a drink in 6 months I went from drinking 10+ beers a day to not drinking at all.

I take kratom daily but I am happy to be off the booze. I have heard some horror stories about phenibut dependency and I would tread carefully. I don't even think you should use it at all and try other methods to abstain but, if you do insist on it please be safe.

--------------------

InvisibleShenmue
Dark Lord of the Sith 
    #25711520 - 12/30/18 12:07 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Phenibut is something I only take on emergencies. It gives me bad hangovers the next day. The hang over makes me feel light headed, depressed and tired. Its nothing like xanax if that's what you're looking for. If you took Phenibut everyday I'm almost 100% sure you would blow your brains out after so many months. Phenibut is great if you haven't gotten sleep for multiple day's because of anxiety. It's also great for family get togethers lol. It's just a strange medication so you need to be careful with it..

InvisibleShenmue
Dark Lord of the Sith 
    #25711523 - 12/30/18 12:08 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Kratom works much better!

OfflineAvidFan
Psychonaut
I'm a teapot

Loc: UK
Re: Phenibut HCL [Re: Shenmue]
    #25715262 - 01/01/19 04:13 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Had a very bad time with phenibut a few years ago, it's weird being a Gaba-b agonist (as opposed to benzos which are Gaba-a) and it's almost chemically identical to the muscle relaxant baclofen.

I had a very bad reaction to it, it actually caused me to have more anxiety and panic attacks and made me feel real paranoia for the first time in my life, but I didn't realise it was the phenibut until it was too late, then I was having anxiety and panic attacks withdrawing from the crap or taking the crap and had to work very hard to stabilise and then taper off over several months.

For some reason I often fall into the 1 in 1000 side effects camp so this is by no means typical, but I know of at least a couple of other people who had bad experiences with this "dietary supplement" so my advice is be careful and only take as much as you need, and definitely don't use daily (weekly at most, or less).

Edited by AvidFan (01/01/19 04:14 AM)

Offlineenjoi-more
Stranger

Re: Phenibut HCL [Re: AvidFan]
    #25721839 - 01/03/19 09:15 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

I'd have to say that stuff is pretty nice and I'm glad I keep some around. Not to be used daily, 1-2x week max recommended due to a quick tolerance buildup. So I don't know how that'd far helping you quit drinking as you'd still have many sober nights. However this stuff is pretty great. I compared it to being 'tipsy on caffeine.' whereas the mood and social enhancements from small amounts of drinking are present but you're quite sharp and simulated. I've heard people praising its confidence booster traits also.
However I rarely take it and instead save it for those nice days off work to make em even better or a day at the skatepark, always an occasion and usually an antisocial one at that. I may praise the drug but I never crave it and sometimes forget about it. Oh and I'd take same amounts, probably below recommendation.

Offlinenumnum59
Pro-Am Mycologist

Re: Phenibut HCL [Re: enjoi-more]
    #25721847 - 01/03/19 09:22 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

well i quit drinking for a few days before new years, then my wife and i decided to get toasted. then i stopped drinking again and not really craving the alcohol. just drinking alot of carbonated water and chicken broth. have the munchies like a motherfucker but trying to eat healthy so i pig out on lettuce with some dressing on it. (better than the 12-15 beers i was drinking a night... sometimes more depending on what time i had to be at work.) i have a friend doing this with me so it makes it a tad easier

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
Re: Phenibut HCL [Re: melanoxylon]
    #25722230 - 01/04/19 05:45 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

melanoxylon said:

That was my problem with phenibut. I prefer short acting drugs that don't effect you days after. For me, phenibut actually gave quite a pleasant effect but it takes several hours just to reach peak effect and then it would be two days before I felt normal again.

Better substances  for quitting alcohol in my opinion would be Kava and GHB. Both of these actually can actually make you feel an afterglow the following day, provided you don't drink too much kava in which case the next day feeling is quite similar to an alcohol hangover and too much GHB will make you want to sleep the whole next day.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

Offlinenumnum59
Pro-Am Mycologist

Re: Phenibut HCL [Re: Peyote Road]
    #25723314 - 01/04/19 04:21 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Peyote Road said:
Quote:

melanoxylon said:

That was my problem with phenibut. I prefer short acting drugs that don't effect you days after. For me, phenibut actually gave quite a pleasant effect but it takes several hours just to reach peak effect and then it would be two days before I felt normal again.

Better substances  for quitting alcohol in my opinion would be Kava and GHB. Both of these actually can actually make you feel an afterglow the following day, provided you don't drink too much kava in which case the next day feeling is quite similar to an alcohol hangover and too much GHB will make you want to sleep the whole next day.

is there any way to get ghb without a script?

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
    #25724533 - 01/05/19 07:09 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Of course.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

Offline2in1
Pineapple
Male

Loc: England
    #25724544 - 01/05/19 07:17 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not sure of the law in the states but here in the UK we just buy GBL and convert to GHB with lye.
Haven't done it in ages but I just checked and it's still available.

--------------------
I only read PGP encrypted emails.
Public PGP key

Offlinenumnum59
Pro-Am Mycologist

#25726127 - 01/05/19 09:53 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Peyote Road said:
Of course.

care to elaborate?

Offlinenumnum59
Pro-Am Mycologist

Re: Phenibut HCL [Re: 2in1]
    #25726129 - 01/05/19 09:55 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

2in1 said:
I'm not sure of the law in the states but here in the UK we just buy GBL and convert to GHB with lye.
Haven't done it in ages but I just checked and it's still available.

Schedule 1 here in the states :/

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
    #25726376 - 01/06/19 02:12 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

numnum59 said:
Quote:

Peyote Road said:
Of course.

care to elaborate?

Ever heard of the DNM?

--------------------

InvisiblecherylScott
Stranger
Male

#25726391 - 01/06/19 02:30 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Scoped ..I know he be smoking tyaat dope

--------------------
]

Offlinenumnum59
Pro-Am Mycologist

#25726747 - 01/06/19 09:08 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Peyote Road said:
Quote:

numnum59 said:
Quote:

Peyote Road said:
Of course.

care to elaborate?

Ever heard of the DNM?

yeah but that shit seems sketch lol

OfflineStroph
Stranger ThanFiction
Male User Gallery

Re: Phenibut HCL [Re: AvidFan]
    #25731352 - 01/08/19 10:57 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

AvidFan said:
Had a very bad time with phenibut a few years ago, it's weird being a Gaba-b agonist (as opposed to benzos which are Gaba-a) and it's almost chemically identical to the muscle relaxant baclofen.

I had a very bad reaction to it, it actually caused me to have more anxiety and panic attacks and made me feel real paranoia for the first time in my life, but I didn't realise it was the phenibut until it was too late, then I was having anxiety and panic attacks withdrawing from the crap or taking the crap and had to work very hard to stabilise and then taper off over several months.

For some reason I often fall into the 1 in 1000 side effects camp so this is by no means typical, but I know of at least a couple of other people who had bad experiences with this "dietary supplement" so my advice is be careful and only take as much as you need, and definitely don't use daily (weekly at most, or less).

I've done a lot of research reading on Phenibut, but this is the first post I've seen about Phenibut that's different, but completely mimics the experience I'm having right now. I read that ppl take upwards of 3 grams at a time and the starting recommendation is a 750mg dose. I took 500mg this morning and have felt like garbage all day long. Like somebody turned up the gravity. So being chemically identical to a muscle relaxant makes total sense. I hate this feeling. Never again for me with Phenibut.

I also am one who gets different effects than most. So thank you for posting this!

--------------------
Fungi Facts: Grows on Cow Sh!t. Tastes like Horse Sh!t.

OfflineMUSHYCAT
Mushroom intrigued
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Phenibut HCL [Re: Stroph]
    #25755340 - 01/20/19 05:52 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I've had good experiences with it. Just treat it with respect

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules