Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMollyDolly
Queen Rabbit

Loc: N.C., USA
Book recommendations please???
    #2569210 - 04/16/04 07:42 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Im going to TRY and find a book and go hunting myself, however, the books in barnes & noble suck.
This site has some good ones, but id like to try and get some recommendations before i go abouts buying.
Im in North Carolina near the mountains. I go there in the morning after the rain and theres (and this is no exxageration) at LEAST 200 different kinds of mushrooms growing up there. Even a walk around the woods after a rain here (not just in the mountains) pops up some interesting looking shroomies. I have family and neighbors with cow fields as well =^_^=
Im wondering if there may be a book catering to hunting on the east coast, hell one just for north carolina would be good, too.
And i would like the book to tell me specifics on the species rather than "dont eat this kind".
I know theres lots to find. I just dont know what to look for...
Recommendations? Advice?
thnx :smile:

--------------------
~~~~~*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*~~~~~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThatDaltonGuy
PermanentlyFried
Loc: USA
Re: Book recommendations please??? [Re: MollyDolly]
    #2569526 - 04/16/04 09:02 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

well theres a book called "Mushrooms Demystified"

by a very famous hunter and mycologist named David Aurora... now hes from california and speaks mostly of the mushrooms there, but its got information on over 2000 species and theres more than 800 photos including around 100 or more colored photos in a special section... this is a very good book for the entire U.S. especially west coast, but ide buy it anyways...

--------------------
Let me remind you that the above text is completely false and has been typed to you by an escaped mental patient and shouldn't be taken seriously unless you yourself also have a mental condition. These kind of things need to be taken into consideration by those viewing these threads.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2570246 - 04/17/04 03:08 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Use the search engine. There are some books which deal only with east coast mushrooms. ANd of course the Audubon field guide was edited by Gary Lincoff and covers many eastern shrooms.

Also when you go to Barnes and Nobles, they can uiy any book which is not on their shelves for you. They just look up mushrooms and east coast in a search engine and then can order them.

mj

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #2570321 - 04/17/04 05:13 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

The FAQ has answers to questions such as yours.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Book recommendations please??? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #2570570 - 04/17/04 09:22 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

psiocybes of the world is a good one

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Book recommendations please??? [Re: onetime]
    #2570637 - 04/17/04 10:10 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

PSilocyb e mushrooms fo the world does not really cover East Coast mushrooms. He is looking for a book on mushrooms about the east coast, not about psilocybes.

mj

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Book recommendations please??? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2570648 - 04/17/04 10:15 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

its still a good book and i figured he wanted the good ones as the other ones taste like shit for not getting you high

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

OfflineMollyDolly
Queen Rabbit

Loc: N.C., USA
Re: Book recommendations please??? [Re: onetime]
    #2570682 - 04/17/04 10:31 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

he? my name is molly dolly & yer calling me "he"? hahaha.
*pats on heads* silly lil' munkies.
cool. i will actually buy a couple of these mentioned, considering you guys have been here a while, im assuming you know your shi* :wink:
and yes, i would like books that educate me on which ones "get me high", but yeah id also like to know which ones are just edible and cookable as well (cuz i looooove mushrooms =^_^= )
thanks for the advice & keep it coming, cuz im sure im gonna end up stocking up on books -_o

--------------------
~~~~~*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*~~~~~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract