Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Kramer Cakes [Re: george castanza]
    #24327849 - 05/17/17 05:23 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah that was another thing I noticed about this, it made millet easier. Like millet for dummies, good way to get accustomed to it, especially for new folks. But I still can't get over how well PE did with it. Very cool.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineichugwindex
Dex
Female User Gallery

Loc: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    #24327900 - 05/17/17 05:44 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

george castanza said:
Or perhaps maybe cut back a little on the windex, I hear the colored varieties can be extremely potent.

But I cant bring myself to do transfers unless :drinklager: I chug at least 2 spray bottles worth

--------------------
Only hope can give rise to the emotion we call despair. But it is nearly impossible for a man to try to live without hope, so I guess that leaves Man no choice but to walk around with despair as his companion.

Edited by ichugwindex (05/17/17 05:44 PM)

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Kramer Cakes [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #24328941 - 05/18/17 03:08 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Leftfield420 said:
Would this work with cyans?

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Yes. Might want to top fruit and case with peat but it would indeed work.

Perhaps.  You know what would greatly help in the dept. of Panaeolus cult. with these cakes?  Replacing up to half of the seed with horse manure.  Instead of a 3-2-1.  Would be more like a 1.5+1.5-2-1 (manure/seed/water/vermiculite) type of deal.  Doesn't roll off the tongue as well, but...  With the manure addition, you would probably have to reconfigure, and adjust to obtain proper moisture content.  I think casing with peat, and top fruiting are good suggestions.

I am going to give this a try.  Been wanting to do some cakes lately, anyway, and this tek is a nice break from the monotony of standard-average BRF cakes.  I will probably supplement these cakes a little bit with some wheat bran, gypsum, and maybe some spent coffee grounds (if I can source them), and use WBS instead of millet. 

I have a few Panaeolus varieties about to go to LC that would be good for the testing of these cakes with the supplementation of manure.  I also have a nice APE clone culture from NumeroEno that's almost ready to noc some LC that I think would be fun to feature on these cakes, as well.  Tell Kramer that he has a pretty cool take on cakes, george.  Thanks for posting.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Kramer Cakes [Re: hamloaf]
    #24337976 - 05/21/17 12:18 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ComebackKid said:
:mushroom2:

Very nice fruits sir.

Quote:

Hamington Loafburg said:
Quote:

Leftfield420 said:
Would this work with cyans?

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Yes. Might want to top fruit and case with peat but it would indeed work.

Perhaps.  You know what would greatly help in the dept. of Panaeolus cult. with these cakes?  Replacing up to half of the seed with horse manure.  Instead of a 3-2-1.  Would be more like a 1.5+1.5-2-1 (manure/seed/water/vermiculite) type of deal.  Doesn't roll off the tongue as well, but...  With the manure addition, you would probably have to reconfigure, and adjust to obtain proper moisture content.  I think casing with peat, and top fruiting are good suggestions.

I am going to give this a try.  Been wanting to do some cakes lately, anyway, and this tek is a nice break from the monotony of standard-average BRF cakes.  I will probably supplement these cakes a little bit with some wheat bran, gypsum, and maybe some spent coffee grounds (if I can source them), and use WBS instead of millet. 

I have a few Panaeolus varieties about to go to LC that would be good for the testing of these cakes with the supplementation of manure.  I also have a nice APE clone culture from NumeroEno that's almost ready to noc some LC that I think would be fun to feature on these cakes, as well.  Tell Kramer that he has a pretty cool take on cakes, george.  Thanks for posting.

Kramer and I have probably fruited out 18-20 different cubes with this sub, couldn't get pf classic(Ms) to fruit and even tried a couple times, that was the only one that failed. All others seemed to love it.

When using these cakes for batch testing I recommend that you make your mix a little on the dry side and use a full cc of inoculant, you can try to make them drier and use more innoculant for faster colonization, but that always seems to leave the top of the cake too dry to colonize.

These are great for batch testing and they also make great spawn.

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #24338612 - 05/21/17 05:53 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

ah the good old millet! :thumbup:  remember major millet? haha brings back memories. cool idea.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Kramer Cakes [Re: eatyualive]
    #24496406 - 07/20/17 01:50 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, so I was using three year old syringes for this last attempt and it looked like all the spores had clumped up in the tip of the cap on the syringe of tc I used, I used the syringe anyway because I really love working with tc, but alas not one jar colonized :frown:

It's all good tho because I was looking through my myco supplies the other day and I have a few tc prints so I'll make some syringes at some point and get some tc working eventually.

I also did a few jars of pe and they colonized just fine, I took ten Kramer Cakes of pe and spawned them out onto 5 quarts of horse manure and verm, mixed at about 60% verm 40% manure.

This is what it looks like today:

I was going to harvest today but there was so much growth on all the secondary pins (the more regular looking mushrooms and the dark round balls) that I figured I would give it another day or two in order to let them mature a little more, not to mention the bigger blobs are also still growing. :crazy2:

When I first birthed this bulk tray I was a little worried that it would contaminate because the color seemed a little grey to me, and as it was pinning I kept thinking that it looked like trich setting in, but every time it turned out to be a blueing of the substrate or mushrooms themselves.

This is my first attempt in quite a long while and I'm not at all ashamed to admit I'm quite pleased with the results thus far.
:awedance:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
    #24496472 - 07/20/17 02:20 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Kramer is happy for you, george.  :thumbup:

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24503290 - 07/23/17 04:31 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Here are a few more pictures taken today, just before harvest.

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24518493 - 07/30/17 04:09 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

And almost exactly one week later the second flush is harvested.

Here is a picture of the second flush, I was pleased to see almost no mutation on these bad boys.

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #24518572 - 07/30/17 04:34 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Nice caps, sexy peen :rockon:

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Kramer Cakes [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #24518595 - 07/30/17 04:40 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Nice fruit George! :thumbup:

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Kramer Cakes [Re: eatyualive]
    #24522956 - 08/01/17 03:01 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Nice caps, sexy peen :rockon:

Quote:

eatyualive said:
Nice fruit George! :thumbup:

Thanks guys. The approval of my peers does mean a lot to me.

After the second flush was harvested I waited about twenty hours or so for the mycilium to heal itself and then poured a half gallon of water on to substrate as I noticed it was drying a bit towards the end of the flush. About eighteen hours later I poured the water off back into the half gallon container and noticed the substrate took on just under a quart, so it was dry indeed.

Duringthe first flush I misted a lot, but never a lot all at once, my intention was to replace the moisture at the same rate it was leaving the sub.

There were already three pins on the second flush when I harvested the first, and the day after harvest there was a virtual explosion of pins on the substrate.

If you note the way the sub was pulling away from the sides of the tray, it was in perfect proportion from either side, this indicated to me the substrate is fully healthy and could go on to fruit many more flushes.

I'll keep everyone updated on the third flush, which I'm hoping to see some pins in the next few days.

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

InvisibleLizardWizard
GnomeGrower
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the parking lot
    #24602394 - 09/04/17 06:26 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Soooo, yesterday, I made myself 2 KramerCakes (KC's from now on), but  not with millet. I did not have millet on hand, so I used a mix of grains I never used before, namely red quinoa, black quinoa, round brown rice, long brown rice, and some whole oats. I mixed it all with the vermiculite and (blablabla... ) then put it on the stove on high until it was boiling, turned down heat to low, left for 1O mins, added some water as it was a bit dry by now, threw in a bowl, mixed again, added some verm, and filled up the jars, threw em in the sterilizer, vent, press build, vent, sterilizing cycle, turn off heat after about 2,5 hours, and voila, KC's.

So while I was sterilizing, threw out some grain jars that had gone horribly bad, like, fairly clean to very clean looking agar gone to 4 different kinds of mold in 1 jar, plus a bit of mycelium. Found out my lids had gone to shit, didn't make my jars watertight anymore, but I've been using my lids for quite a while, including the ones for the KC's I made, so I'm not sure how well this will go. Need to check all my lids but fuck it for now.

I have a bunch LC/agar hybrid project bottles, where I made VERY loose agar in a bottle, so the mycelium  can grow on top of the liquid as well, now that is looking quite well, but I'm a bit lazy, so I'm not even going to test it on a plate. I'm just going to inoculate my KC's with them as a test.

To be tested are 2 LC's of KSSS, and 1 of an unknown variety, I think I inoculated it with pins and/or knots from a plate, but I don't remember which variety and I forgot to write it on the bottle. Could be Martinique, but could also be Ecuador, Argentina, and some other ones but less likely... We'll see what comes up! I'll be re-naming them the Mr. E. Stupidity variety for storage purposes, since they are mystery the result of stupidity :tongue:

And while I was writing all this, took a break to do it all, so voila, they have been inoculated!

--------------------
The best things in life
can be smelled on one's fingers.

OfflineAvery3100
Male User Gallery

#25006109 - 02/19/18 04:12 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Very kool tek will be attempting this soon

--------------------
"A Mind That Is Streatched By A New Expierence, Can Never Go Back To Its Old Demensions"

InvisibleMagicMan1
Stranger

Loc: Poland Flag
    #25701566 - 12/25/18 05:30 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

WHOOP WHOOP FAM! I like the method you've got going in here. And I'm defiantly gonna grab some millet n whip up a tub! Hope to see you again at the gathering next year! I'll have some more tanks as well, YOU KNOWWW!

--------------------
"All I know is you gotta keep that shit moist"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck