Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
Loc: The Depths of My Psyche
PF Tek Questions
    #2569811 - 04/16/04 11:10 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I still need to purchase a few more supplies for the PF Technique. Here are some of the items I?m having trouble with?

Ice Pick / 3 Penny Nail:

Well, which is it? I need something to puncture the lids of my mason jars and the PF Tek mentions both. I went to the Home Depot and asked about the 3 penny nail, and they said that the penny in 3 penny nail refers to the length of the nail?not the diameter. 

Professional Grade Masking Tape:

I also tried looking for this but couldn?t find it. I saw Standard Grade and General Purpose, but no Professional Grade. Will any of these other types be sufficient? If they won?t, do any of you know of a product that would be?

I know I?m being a little nit picky with this stuff but I?ve heard so many times from people that you shouldn?t mess around with the PF Tek, especially if you are new to mushroom cultivation.

And I just wanted you guys to know I already looked through the Cultivation FAQ so don?t get all sassy with me. :mad:

Thanks,
ShroomNoob03 :grin:

--------------------
In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.

-Carl Sagan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDeloup
dreamwalker
Loc: the state of confusion..o...
Re: PF Tek Questions [Re: ShroomNoob03]
    #2569816 - 04/16/04 11:16 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

doesnt matter what you use as long as the hole is big enough for the syringe..just dont make it to big.As afar as tape goes afoaf used some radiator tape as you want something that wont come off during steaming.afoaf am however new at the growng thing as well so....

InvisibleHallucinogen
Raoul Duke

Loc: Amsterdam
    #2569819 - 04/16/04 11:19 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

You can use simple electrical tape, works great.

--------------------
Substrate + jars = $20
Magic Mushroom spores = $12
Growing your own Magic Mushrooms = Priceless

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
    #2570339 - 04/17/04 05:29 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomNoob03 said:
I still need to purchase a few more supplies for the PF Technique. Here are some of the items I?m having trouble with?

Ice Pick / 3 Penny Nail:

Well, which is it? I need something to puncture the lids of my mason jars and the PF Tek mentions both. I went to the Home Depot and asked about the 3 penny nail, and they said that the penny in 3 penny nail refers to the length of the nail?not the diameter. 

Most Home depot Employees are dumbass-IMO
The "d"(or pennY) in the type of nail is the length of it.
3d-6d are 6 gauge nails.
8d-10d are 8 gauge nails
16d-20d are 10 gauge nails

I find the 3d-6d "bright finish" work the best!

Professional Grade Masking Tape:

"I also tried looking for this but couldn?t find it. I saw Standard Grade and General Purpose, but no Professional Grade. Will any of these other types be sufficient? If they won?t, do any of you know of a product that would be? "

Scotch-3M general purpose masking tape -is proffessional grade

"And I just wanted you guys to know I already looked through the Cultivation FAQ so don?t get all sassy with me. " :lol: :lol: :thumbup: :lol:

I hope this helps!

--------------------

OfflineMushit
Shit Lover

Loc: The Great White North
    #2570613 - 04/17/04 09:50 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:
And I just wanted you guys to know I already looked through the Cultivation FAQ so don’t get all sassy with me.

HA HA HA Good one.

A nail is a nail, and tape is tape.. (Oops, sorry) Hee Hee

--------------------
Up to my elbows in shit!

Invisiblesakura
Aussie Expat

Loc: Japan
    #2570622 - 04/17/04 10:01 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

No-one will give you a hard time for asking questions when it's quite plain that you HAVE read the FAQ :wink:

Sometimes, lack of materials will force you to improvise with some really minor points such as those you mentioned.  At the end of the day, you just have to follow the tek as best you can and use common sense to fill the gaps where you can't...

I'm sure you'll do fine.  It's obvious that you take the info in the FAQ's seriously and you are following that advice as best you possibly can...  (I'd be willing to bet that you've a better chance for a successful 1st grow than most people)

Soooo...  RELAX! (5 shrooms from me for reading the FAQ's 1st :wink: )

--------------------
Shrooms aren't everyone's cup of tea... (Some folks just eat 'em)

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
Re: PF Tek Questions [Re: sakura]
    #2570624 - 04/17/04 10:04 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

very well said,sakura!  :thumbup: :cool:

--------------------

Edited by doc34 (04/17/04 10:05 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag