Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineZealot
Stranger
Trip report : Ska saves the day!
    #2562147 - 04/15/04 01:43 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Me and a couple of buddies gathered at M's house for a LAN party. I really had no plan at all to trip, since I enjoy killing everyone at games like Unreal and Quake. At the lan party there was a friend of a friend that happens to be a pot dealer, let's call him F, to protect the guilty :smile: He told the group that he had a good weed connection, directly from the green houses, no middleman at all. He had gotten hold of a very strong strain of marijuana. Being naturally resistant ( I get high 1/2 of the time ), I always keep my hits 30 seconds or so.

So we start smoking while setuping the network and showing off our comps. I took about 4 hits of a decent sized joint. I was showing off Farcry, when all of a sudden, I find myself drooling on my keyboard. The game console is openened and the screen is filled with "########". "Something isn't allright, I can't talk, I have a short term memory of about 1 second... Wooo I'm tripping balls!" So I get quite happy about the fact that pot made me trip. So I put on my headphones and listen to Pink Floyd. As much as I hate to say this, the song "Any color you like"  was too intense for me. I started getting bad vibrations. Friends were getting worried, and I was getting worried too, because something wasn't quite right, "Bad vibrations" I narrated myself, in the best Fear and Loathing imitation my mind could do at that point. So I start sweating. I feel wet. "I must've pissed myself..."

Deja vu...

It is exactly like my previous mushroom trip. Weird, weeeird thinking, can't talk much, I feel wet. I eventually made it to the bathroom, pissing was very hard and intense. I felt like I was pissing lava...

So by now my short term memory is about 2 seconds, I started getting good vibrations. I went outside and I sat on a longchair, and I looked at the clouds. I kept telling myself that I'm tripping hard and that it is my condition and that I should accept it with serenity. After a while I began to realize that time was just a number. 30 minutes were the number 30, nothing else. Duration was gone, only numerical time remained. I would snap out every few seconds and realize that I had been there for an unknown amount of time.

Nasty vibrations were creeping back in. I decided to try at being social and happy. I sat back in front of my comp, still tripping hard as ever. I tried to listen to Beck, Shpongle ( 10000x too intense, I turned it off after 10 seconds of the song Room 23). Then I hit the random button, and the song "Super Rad" by the Aquabats started playing, one of the happiest ska song every made by man :smile: :headbang: I started hitting my keyboard to the rythm, everything became positive and fun. Eventually I came down, after maybe 2 hours of intense mindfuck. So basically I was wondering what kind of super weed gives a man such a mindfuck... It didn't make me high, it sent me to outer space, leaving my logical reasoning on earth. And also does anyone else enjoys ska during trips? I made a search for ska and I found nothing on the forums...

--------------------
--Zealot

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomFan
nn dmt

Re: Trip report : Ska saves the day! [Re: Zealot]
    #2562957 - 04/15/04 09:31 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

damn thats crazy i dunno what type it was but it mustve been good..dont know if id like weed to get me that way every time though..

--------------------
Fellow Shroomerites, if you Love expressing yourself with a dope tee shirt feast your 3rd eye on www.facebook.com/vicereversa
∞ Conscious Clothing for Conscious Minds ∞ Wear a tee , open a mind
Each shirt is spawned to Arouse Awareness <> We believe in Sustainability & Giving back <> Do you know of a community project or persons in need you feel deserves attention? - Tell us on our page And we just might pick the story > develop a tee > and donate the proceeds to that cause. ∞♥∞ Unget it, VICE REVERSA

OfflineB_Henry_Hastur
fifth and mostformidable
Loc: 91571482014
Re: Trip report : Ska saves the day! [Re: ShroomFan]
    #2563030 - 04/15/04 09:54 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

There was one time where ska crept into the cd rotation at a friends house...

Buck-O-Nine: Twenty-eight teeth, Reel Big Fish: that really popular one from the mid/late 90's, and some Save Ferris cd

I've got to say I love Buck-O-Nine singer's style, and the songs were nice and relaxing. Reel Big Fish and Save Ferris were a bit much for me; the respective singers have to calm the fuck down, imo.

--------------------
"If all are One," the fifth Illuminatus added significantly, "all violence is masochism."
"If all are One," Brother Otto replied nastily, "all sex is masturbation..."

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
Re: Trip report : Ska saves the day! [Re: B_Henry_Hastur]
    #2564881 - 04/15/04 04:43 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

So, you tripped balls off of weed? It wasnt dipped or anything?

And yeah, I do like ska. It always makes me happy, whenever I need it. Looking to expand my collection, so if you can recomend anyone pm me or something  :headbang:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

OfflineHowardo
Male User Gallery

Loc: No left turn unstoned
    #2565865 - 04/15/04 09:01 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

sounds like PCP ... actually i have no idea.. but i don't think bud will do that to a person.

OfflineZealot
Stranger
Re: Trip report : Ska saves the day! [Re: Howardo]
    #2566104 - 04/15/04 10:30 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I've asked around a couple of friends that smoke on a regular basis, two of them told me something like that happened to them when they ate large amount of weed. Also other friends smoked on the same joint, they didnt get any mindfuck at all. But they weren't holding their hits. So that's why I don't think it was PCP or anything, I just think it was too much THC. I've read that people that used THC pills and sprays were having bad experiences as well because they were too powerful.

I enjoy many kinds of music, so my ska collection isn't very huge, but here are the groups I have on my playlists:

Big D And The Kids Table
The nu-metal of ska core IMO, the signer "raps" almost all the time. But musically it is very nice. Try the song called "Can't be Caught".

Catch 22
For me this is like "The" skacore band. While not my favorite, it is the living definition of modern skacore. Keasbey nights and Alone in the crowd are awesome albums. Very positive and enjoyable. Try the song "9mm and a three piece suit"

The Aquabats
The superheroes of ska! While most of their songs sucks or aren't ska at all, the good ones are my favorite songs by far. Try the songs "Super Rad" and "Powdered Milk Man". I think they'll be my future safety net songs :smile: So positive and fun!

The Planet Smashers
Local band that is getting more and more popular around the world. My favorite ska band by far. They define modern ska for me. They keep putting out hits after hits, while keeping true to the genre and not selling out. Most of the songs are very positive. I heartilly  recommend people to try "Sk8 or Die", "Record Collector", "I like your girl"and  "Girl in the front row" Excellent stuff :smile:

I could list a dozen more bands, such as Mustard Plug, Reel Big Fish, Less than jake ... But I think anyone into ska already knows about them.

EDIT: I love that avatar pic Howardo, that pic just gave me the idea for a new background picture :smile:

--------------------
--Zealot

Edited by Zealot (04/15/04 10:33 PM)

OfflineSamoFilling
Little Elf Dude

Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
    #2566292 - 04/15/04 11:48 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Acctually, I went over to a buddy's house and his father gave us these A++ joints, perfectly round, and a small bit of round cardboard to hold in your mouth. Well 1 joint between us has us tripp'in like shrooms. We were picking up on details on his white walls!!! I belive that powerful weed unlocks a "special" Shrooms memory Vault.....lol j/k

--------------------
I Found The Gift. Its not Much But Its alot for me.

OfflineSquirtle
journeyman
Loc: Boston
Re: Trip report : Ska saves the day! [Re: B_Henry_Hastur]
    #2566357 - 04/16/04 12:26 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

hell yeah for the buck-o-nine...

i used to love ska back in high school; haven't listened to it much lately. 

can't imagine it tripping thuogh... might have to try it out this weekend  :smile:

OfflineLittleD
Stranger
    #2567079 - 04/16/04 09:16 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

here ya go iloveraving:

The Specials, The Selecter and Madness - 2tone ska
Toasters, Scofflaws and the Slackers - sorta current ska
Operation Ivy - prolly the best ska punk band ever

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
Re: Trip report : Ska saves the day! [Re: LittleD]
    #2568826 - 04/16/04 05:30 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks! I'm going to a toasters show in Conn. soon. Should be fun.
Operation Ivy, I hear a lot about them too. Thanks! :thumbup:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

OfflineTurnpikeGates
Re: Trip report : Ska saves the day! [Re: iloveraving]
    #2569217 - 04/16/04 07:44 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

more good ska/ska-punk/third+wave:
Streetlight Manifesto
Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution
Slapstick
and for the self-promotion
5 Second Rule http://www.purevolume.com/5SecondRule/music2

OfflineHowardo
Male User Gallery

Loc: No left turn unstoned
Re: Trip report : Ska saves the day! [Re: TurnpikeGates]
    #2569264 - 04/16/04 07:57 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

anyone like AAA? they're pretty badass. yeah op ivy is the best skapunk band, no questions.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2597246 - 04/24/04 03:39 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

yeah sometimes people have to kind of "get used" to Shpongle because it is so different and so well-produced (sounds LIVE, like playing in your brain) one's mind can find it threatening at first

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
    #2597904 - 04/24/04 12:07 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

when i was listening ska,the specials was my favourite...

dubby dum dum dam dibidibi

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#2597945 - 04/24/04 12:16 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

hmmmm ... only time I drool is with salvia or shrooms or such, so, hmmm, maybe the weed was laced with something? either way, sounds potent, hooray for good bud!

--------------------

InvisibleKackleDude
transmundaneother

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
    #2598348 - 04/24/04 02:29 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Zealot - how long was it since you tripped/have you smoked since then? I've found that those few bowls the day after shrooming definately don't affect me like a normal smoke session, Pot really does re-activate that mushroomy feeling. Sometimes I get intense shroom flashbacks when I'm incredibly stoned on any given day. Catches me off guard, but I like em. A friend of mine had to cut back on smoking weed because it was too intense for him, he says he did too many mushrooms and that's the cause, permenant psychadelia. Sucks cause now I can't trip with him. Great friend of mine.

Quote:

Strumpling said:
yeah sometimes people have to kind of "get used" to Shpongle because it is so different and so well-produced (sounds LIVE, like playing in your brain) one's mind can find it threatening at first

Especially the first 10 seconds of Room 23, hehe.

--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

OfflineZiggyStardust
Hiruko

#2599111 - 04/24/04 09:27 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Zealot said:Friends were getting worried, and I was getting worried too, because something wasn't quite right, "Bad vibrations" I narrated myself, in the best Fear and Loathing imitation my mind could do at that point.

Heheh, I though I was the only one that did that.

--------------------
Come down, slowly. I'm waiting by your side
Come down, carefully. I'm waiting by your side

I'll grab you when you fall. Down to the waking hours
Silent sweeps as golden corn. Down to the waking hours.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds