Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Whats your favorite Political Disinformation? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25686623 - 12/18/18 01:53 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

They are quoting from a senate report. Get over it. I really don’t get why you defend the Russian the way you do. I had a conversation of a Russian refugee the other day. He was run out of the country because he’s gay. Russia’s culture is vile.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (12/18/18 01:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Whats your favorite Political Disinformation? [Re: koods] * 1
    #25686624 - 12/18/18 01:54 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, the senate is making stupid stories up about nothing for the extremely gullible (see example in my last post).

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Whats your favorite Political Disinformation? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #25686646 - 12/18/18 02:11 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Seriously. I don’t get what is so appealing about a country that has the worst wealth disparity of any major economy. He was saying essentially putin cronies - and the elite that he allows - live like kings and the rest of the country is hardly better than how they lived under communism. Life expectancy is 20 years less than the rest of the modern world. The whole economy depends on destroying the climate. Putin stokes fascist Russian nationalism to remain popular. He kills and jails dissenters with bullshit charges because he controls the judiciary. What exactly is worth defending about this country that seems to be against just about everything you seem to stand for?

Not to mention the fact that gay people live in constant fear?

After talking to this dude, i find your admiration for Russia pretty nauseating.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Edited by koods (12/18/18 02:12 AM)

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Whats your favorite Political Disinformation? [Re: koods]
    #25686664 - 12/18/18 02:32 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

There's nothing all that appealing about Russia to me.  I guess you think that means we should all make believe things about them?

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#25686671 - 12/18/18 02:43 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

No you shouldn’t make believe things about them, but you constantly do.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Whats your favorite Political Disinformation? [Re: koods]
    #25686674 - 12/18/18 02:46 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

So you really think a Russian sharing this conservative American article on Instagram is an "especially potent weapon in the Russian social media arsenal"?

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#25686688 - 12/18/18 03:16 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Instagram is for photos and graphics. You don’t share news articles on instagram, maybe someone did in the comments but it is strictly for graphic content.

This is what the article and report are referring to.

And yes, I think a Russian intelligence operation posting fake news — even if its based on American fake news — as part of a campaign to discredit American law enforcement is a problem.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25686702 - 12/18/18 03:33 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

What do you think has more influence on the American public?
a. A news article posted on a conservative news site by a University of Chicago graduate
b. An Instagram post by a nobody with no context

Quote:

koods said:
yes, I think a Russian intelligence operation posting fake news — even if its based on American fake news — as part of a campaign to discredit American law enforcement is a problem.

But we don't know if its a "Russian intelligence operation" or just some conservative Russian poster.  We like to make believe it's the former.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#25686707 - 12/18/18 03:38 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah yeah. I’m not gonna argue about it. You just don’t want to believe the facts so what’s the point.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25686712 - 12/18/18 03:50 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

What facts?  I understand what the establishment is claiming.  Burden of proof is now on them.

It'll be interesting to see how the Concord Management case unfolds.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#25686713 - 12/18/18 03:51 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

The claim has been sufficiently proved.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25686716 - 12/18/18 03:53 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

The accusations have sufficiently been made, yes.  But never proven.

It'll be interesting to see how the Concord Management case unfolds.

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#25686988 - 12/18/18 08:32 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

I am confused. You're ssying thst tue eashington post is disinformation because they call out disinformation by others? And your reason for supporting that is to make an assumption that may or may not even be true?

So you assume you are correct and consider it true/information but did not even prove to yourself that they were incorrect yet that constitutes an example of them spreading disinformationto you? Even if you're right here I don't even see how they are spreading disinformation in that scenario, but if you're wrong here then you on the other hand are in fact spreading disinformation.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#25686995 - 12/18/18 08:36 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
So you really think a Russian sharing this conservative American article on Instagram is an "especially potent weapon in the Russian social media arsenal"?

The way I read the post's sentence is that "they were sharing this article on instagram, [instagram which has become] a very powerful weapon used by russia..." They are calling instagram the popular weapon, not the specific article being shared on Instagram.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#25687001 - 12/18/18 08:41 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
What do you think has more influence on the American public?
a. A news article posted on a conservative news site by a University of Chicago graduate
b. An Instagram post by a nobody with no context

Quote:

koods said:
yes, I think a Russian intelligence operation posting fake news — even if its based on American fake news — as part of a campaign to discredit American law enforcement is a problem.

But we don't know if its a "Russian intelligence operation" or just some conservative Russian poster.  We like to make believe it's the former.

What's your point, that this isn't a problem and we shouldn't talk about it because there are more influental things out there?

What do you think incurs more fear in the public?

1.) ISIS

2.) Some pathetic crack head in baltimore with a 9mm?

I guess we should just not care if crack heads have illegal firearms bc ISIS is more of a threat? Do you see hoe that works? It doesn't.

OfflineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25687057 - 12/18/18 09:23 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

You know, I've gotten that vibe from a lot of stories about Russia in recent years. It almost seems like the left-wing elite just crave Russia scandals. I worry that Democrats will spark a war with Russia.

--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell
Every one of you should see this video.
"Facts are chiels that winna ding, and downa be disputed" - Robert Burns

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Whats your favorite Political Disinformation? [Re: Bigbadwooof] * 2
    #25687076 - 12/18/18 09:33 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

I would say we are quite clearly already at war, but more of an information war than a physical one. How do you fight such a thing? It's not the Russian or American populace's fault, they're both being manipulated by a few controlling interests. The same could be said for actual physical war I guess as well, but at least that takes an active involvement on the populace's part, here we are all unwittingly being engaged.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Whats your favorite Political Disinformation? [Re: krypto2000]
    #25687397 - 12/18/18 12:57 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Informational war. I like that. Very well said.

How does one measure the real impact of social media disinformation? Hard to say really. So many factors at play.

All i know is that for some people Instagram and Twitter are popular and influence via those platforms definitelty seems possible.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Whats your favorite Political Disinformation? [Re: krypto2000]
    #25687409 - 12/18/18 01:02 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
I am confused. You're ssying thst tue eashington post is disinformation because they call out disinformation by others?

Yes.  It's the media's job to verify that the information they post is truthful, and not just to repeat establishment propaganda.

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
And your reason for supporting that is to make an assumption that may or may not even be true?

No.  I'm saying there are entire news articles posted by well educated Americans on popular news sites saying  Mueller worked with radical Islamic groups, so to say that some Russian guy posting a picture on Instagram saying the same thing and then calling it an "especially potent weapon in the Russian social media arsenal" is ridiculous, if not outright propaganda.

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
So you assume you are correct and consider it true/information but did not even prove to yourself that they were incorrect yet that constitutes an example of them spreading disinformationto you? Even if you're right here I don't even see how they are spreading disinformation in that scenario, but if you're wrong here then you on the other hand are in fact spreading disinformation.

No.  I didn't say a thing about whether the news article or the Instagram post is true or not.  I'm saying that a news article on a popular news site is more damaging than some Russian posting a picture to Instagram, and that calling the Instagram post an "especially potent weapon in the Russian social media arsenal" is just plain stupid.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#25687418 - 12/18/18 01:08 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Wait. They are saying instagram was a particularly useful weapon/. Not the meme that was posted. If the Arsenal is made up of of social media, then a weapon would be a particular service. :elmo:

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Edited by koods (12/18/18 01:09 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder