Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: icetech]
    #25240435 - 05/31/18 11:59 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Sometimes I feel like grass seed is easy and forgiving, sometimes I feel like you have to be very precise. I go back and forth and I can’t quite put my thumb on why.

So my suggestion is to boil them well in plenty of water but not for a terribly long time, so that they release a lot of their sticky stuff that would make them clumpy, but not so long enough that they stay too wet even when strained and sterilized, or even just too soft, both of which will also make them sticky when sterilized.

Probably about the 25-30 minute range with an actively rolling boil, and be sure to strain very well. Seeds in the bottom of the strainer may stay extra wet and should be avoided or allowed to dry much longer.

But nothing will be a replacement for practice.

Fortunately, this method is a bit extra forgiving. I’ve even had growers tell me they do “no prep” containers with this tek with good results... not just with grass seed but even whole rice!

Just avoid dry grains or liquid water sitting around at the end of the sterilization and you’ll likely be just fine!

--------------------
Intentionally or not, here in mushcult we are purveyors of love culture and enlightenment movement. Let's try to act like it!

PODS TEK - Growing Invitro with BRF/verm or Grass Seed containers
The simplest, quickest, safest tek!  For beginners, culturers, lazy people, stealth lovers, contam haters, and alternative seekers!
Violet's Teks and Posts

Edited by Violet (05/31/18 03:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

Loc: FSM's loving noodles.
Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: Violet]
    #25240473 - 05/31/18 12:20 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you violet :smile: And yeah i think i overcooked my WBS last time or over PC'd it.. it was so hard to shake i thought i was gonna break the jars, i think i'm gonna try grass seed just for fun:)

Quote:

Violet said:
Sometimes I feel like grass seed is easy and forgiving, sometimes I feel like you have to be very precise. I go back and forth and I can’t quite put my thumb on why.

So my suggestion is to boil them well in plenty of water but not for a terribly long time, so that they release a lot of their sticky stuff that would make them clumpy, but not so long enough that they stay too wet even when strained and sterilized, or even just too soft, both of which will also make them sticky when sterilized.

Probably about the 25-30 minute range with an actively rolling boil, and be sure to strain very well. Seeds in the bottom of the strainer may stay extra wet and should be avoided or allowed to dry much longer.

But nothing will be a replacement for practice.

Fortunately, this method is a bit extra forgiving. I’ve even had growers tell me they do “no prep” containers with this tek with good results... not just with grass seed but even whole rice!

Just avoid liquid water sitting around at the end of the sterilization and you’ll likely be just fine!

--------------------

OfflineStringThing
Stranger
Re: PODS TEK – Invitro tek growing with BRF or Grass Seed: a simple, self-contained, single-step method [Re: Violet]
    #25405847 - 08/22/18 05:49 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

If I were to use B++ spores with this tek, how much should I inject per quart jar? And approximately what kind of yield can I expect from each jar?

Invisiblettching8475
Spawn

Re: PODS TEK – Invitro tek growing with BRF or Grass Seed: a simple, self-contained, single-step method [Re: StringThing]
    #25405896 - 08/22/18 06:16 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

A few drops will work. Yields will vary, depending on the genetics you end up with from the spores which germinate & the effectiveness of your preparations.

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

OfflineStringThing
Stranger
Re: PODS TEK – Invitro tek growing with BRF or Grass Seed: a simple, self-contained, single-step method [Re: ttching8475]
    #25406188 - 08/22/18 08:47 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

So would one syringe from (name not allowed, please read posting rules) be enough to colonize 6 quart jars? And could I reasonably expect to get 1-2 ounces dry from the six jars?

Edited by 13shrooms (08/22/18 10:52 PM)

Invisiblettching8475
Spawn

Re: PODS TEK – Invitro tek growing with BRF or Grass Seed: a simple, self-contained, single-step method [Re: StringThing]
    #25406221 - 08/22/18 09:04 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

No, those syringes are for microscopy use only.

Yields in any tek are going to vary based on genetics & your skill as a cultivator. I can't tell you what to expect. You could have a super strain, but it will still perform poorly if you fuck up your grain prep.

I can tell you that I use the principles & containers from this tek in my cultivation work & get results I'm happy with.

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

Invisiblehecquyn124
 User Gallery

Loc: US Flag
Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: Violet] * 1
    #25414924 - 08/26/18 03:50 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Great tek in general Violet, although a bit too much of personal opinions but then again lots of stuff on here are opinions. I read through most of your posts and through all 39 pages in this thread and just had to say if you would take critic a bit better and 13 would just give ya some paper that he read/sourced info from you two would get along just fine.

Everyone has their way of doing stuffs and a bit civility even fake civility would make this thread way better than the last posts that only had pointless arguments. After all the reason we grow/eat cubes is to open our eyes and self to others, oh and those pretty visuals too.

Anyway I'm just a noob that thought this tek is pretty good for beginner for me to learn, gotta pump it so more noobs can see it.

Offlinebakenast
Muffen Stuffer
 User Gallery

Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: hecquyn124]
    #25415377 - 08/26/18 07:23 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Yea bunches of haters here I didn’t actually read them all,  but a few pages back, man so harsh,  I tried this tek couple years ago did not work for me colonized but did not fruit ,, but these containers are on sale again so gonna give it another shot..  I’m thinking mine grew then stopped cause I used PE back then but idk...

Invisiblehecquyn124
 User Gallery

Loc: US Flag
Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: bakenast]
    #25415433 - 08/26/18 07:56 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I had some PE jars and they took forever to fruit, I ended up dumping them cause it was taking too long and not worth it. Some TCs said PE is hard to fruit invitro and just in general so I switched to yellow cap and they fruit just fine. One thing about this tek is it takes a tad long to fruit IME, I might did something wrong through.

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: hecquyn124]
    #25417601 - 08/27/18 07:11 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I agree PE varieties don't pin as easily/quickly with this method, if at all (lots of no-show multi-spore grain petris). Using my culturing method to find a strain that does well in it has paid off unbelievably though.

--------------------
Intentionally or not, here in mushcult we are purveyors of love culture and enlightenment movement. Let's try to act like it!

PODS TEK - Growing Invitro with BRF/verm or Grass Seed containers
The simplest, quickest, safest tek!  For beginners, culturers, lazy people, stealth lovers, contam haters, and alternative seekers!
Violet's Teks and Posts

OfflineXerbia
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: Violet]
    #25418319 - 08/28/18 12:58 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Followed Tek to a Tee. Results were great. Great tek for anyone with a busy life.

Invisiblettching8475
Spawn

Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: Xerbia]
    #25418591 - 08/28/18 07:13 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

:fuckyeah:

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

InvisibleTits on a bull
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: ttching8475]
    #25418619 - 08/28/18 07:34 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Awesome write up

--------------------
Stop talking about being enlighten. Crybabies, bitches, and people worried about ratings can never reach enlightenment!  NEVER!

InvisibleBastet0
Error!!! Role not found.

Loc: Pluto
    #25420570 - 08/29/18 12:59 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I'm trying out the tek, I couldn't find the ziploc twist n seal so I bought some plastic lid for the pint jars I got lying around. I got some questions hope you can answer.

I did 6 half-full rgs jars ( got greedy and made too much grains, couldn't bring myself to waste them ) but after PC-ing they clumped together and stuck all over the sides. I got curious so I opened a jar and the grains were really sticky, are they supposed to be like that or did I got them too wet? Note that I added some gypsum to the grain.

Anyway I inoculated a master jar with syringe to test, it colonized really quick and I did g2g to the rest,  80-90% colonized after 4 days so I put them in fruiting , it been a week and none shows any knots yet and the myc are really fluffy on the top. One smelled a bit sweet but it reminds me of the smells of the grain after PC-ed. What should I do?

OfflineChaos4142
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: Bastet0]
    #25686592 - 12/18/18 01:28 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Hopefully someone experienced in this tek can guide. I have these grass seed containers which have been inoculated approx 4 weeks ago. Have been in fruiting for a week now. Not sure if i need to add a pseudo casing like verm or to provide pinning surface or increase fae . Any advice will be appreciated.

InvisibleTits on a bull
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: Chaos4142]
    #25686772 - 12/18/18 05:22 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Chaos4142 said:
Hopefully someone experienced in this tek can guide. I have these grass seed containers which have been inoculated approx 4 weeks ago. Have been in fruiting for a week now. Not sure if i need to add a pseudo casing like verm or to provide pinning surface or increase fae . Any advice will be appreciated.

Depends. If that's a PE you will have to. Shouldn't matter with other types. They grow right off shit right? Ps humidity might be off. Alot of people will wait for pinning to start before taking lid off. I think that's what I read in tek. GL

--------------------
Stop talking about being enlighten. Crybabies, bitches, and people worried about ratings can never reach enlightenment!  NEVER!

OfflineChaos4142
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: Tits on a bull]
    #25687558 - 12/18/18 02:15 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the tip. These are B+ i have added verm on one for comparison. Rh is pretty good both climate wise and also i keep them with lids lightly screwed in a tote.

InvisibleTits on a bull
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: Chaos4142]
    #25687666 - 12/18/18 03:18 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

No need to case. Unless climate control is off. It is winter(depending where you are) so I'll say the one you cased will do better. Post so we know which did better.

--------------------

OfflineChaos4142
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: Tits on a bull]
    #25690701 - 12/20/18 03:33 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Tits on a bull said:
No need to case. Unless climate control is off. It is winter(depending where you are) so I'll say the one you cased will do better. Post so we know which did better.

summers and very humid down under. Will definitely  post results thanks.

InvisibleTits on a bull
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25690814 - 12/20/18 06:18 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Chaos4142 said:
Quote:

Tits on a bull said:

summers and very humid down under. Will definitely  post results thanks.

They'll both do great. Don't forget to water then drain

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | Next >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale