Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Portable Greenhouse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepjeterschorstein
Stranger
 User Gallery
Mulching, worm tea, slurry
    #25663134 - 12/07/18 07:09 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Hey all!

I would like to make a mushroom garden at our community garden.
I plan on using some local mushroom I cloned and put them on logs: COTW, drayed, oyster and black staining polypore. we would also grow some oysters and others indoor in a greenhouse so we can enjoy them year round and afterwards bury the substrate in the garden for more flushes.
I am now prepering the logs so we can have them colonize for summer.

Another thing I thought about is to start mulching heavily this winter to make it carbon rich soil.
I want to know if it would be a good idea to use some aerated worm tea to decompose it faster but I am not sure if I actually should want that (?)
I read something about fungal dominated soil vs bacteria dominated soil and that's why I thought maybe the mushrooms would not benefit from it.
I read also that people bury spent substrate in their vegetable garden and wanted to ask about it in as I know annuals and perennial weeds need a bacterial dominated soil.
The purpose of the mulching is so we can later inoculate it with some grain or mushroom slurry from local bolete mushrooms.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Portable Greenhouse

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation