Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

Alcohol withdrawal- Am I ok?
    #25660560 - 12/05/18 09:50 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

I drank heavily for about 2 months straight.

I was drinking 6-8 drinks a day probably.

I had my last drink about 22 hours ago and so far, I feel pretty terrible, I can tell something is going on. I keep feeling strong panic like feelings and just generally feel bad.

I dont have nausea, hands arent any more shaky than usual.

Anyway, I would know by now if I was in for anything too serious right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #2

Re: Alcohol withdrawal- Am I ok? [Re: Anonymous #1] * 1
    #25660608 - 12/05/18 10:27 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

I don't know, I won't mess around with your health man! At least call a hospital or ER and ask for there opinion.

Anonymous #3

Re: Alcohol withdrawal- Am I ok? [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #25660639 - 12/05/18 10:53 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

The "worst" of the withdrawal symptoms is over around day 3/4 (or at least for me). The first day sucks just because your so used to continuing the habit. The 2nd day is usually the worst because symptoms are most pronounced and you really crave a drink.

I'm in a similar boat as you though. Been trying to stop drinking for a couple of months now and ive tried several times with some success. (Most I went was 7 days) and I felt fucking great. The hardest part is just not going back to it and getting back in the old habits. I've been pretty regularly drinking every day for a couple of years either with a 12 case of cheap beer/half a bottle of whiskey/or a 6 pack of 8% abv beer a night. My last drink was last night and I dont plan on having so much as a beer for at least a week.

Good luck to you man and stay strong. The shitty feeling is only temporary and weed can make it less painful.

Heres a link for ya that breaks it down in stages:https://americanaddictioncenters.org/withdrawal-timelines-treatments/alcohol

Anonymous #4

Re: Alcohol withdrawal- Am I ok? [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #25660640 - 12/05/18 10:54 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

have one beer or two tonight. then maybe one tomorrow. best to ween off. i drink heavily every day and i know how you are feeling

Anonymous #3

Re: Alcohol withdrawal- Am I ok? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #25660661 - 12/05/18 11:12 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #4 said:
have one beer or two tonight. then maybe one tomorrow. best to ween off. i drink heavily every day and i know how you are feeling

This is how its supposed to be done, unfortunately i have terrible self-control. Im the type of drinker/person that can't stop at one or two beers/drinks unless I literally dont have anything else to drink. It's either all or nothing. If I have one/two I talk myself into having more.

Anonymous #1

#25661088 - 12/06/18 07:37 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #3 said:
Quote:

Anonymous #4 said:

This is how its supposed to be done, unfortunately i have terrible self-control. Im the type of drinker/person that can't stop at one or two beers/drinks unless I literally dont have anything else to drink. It's either all or nothing. If I have one/two I talk myself into having more.

Same, unfortunately all bets are off after the first drink :lol:

I slept (hardly).

im at ~32 hours and my symptoms aren't any worse.

I think i will be okay... Hopefully. I feel like dying. But I don't think im getting into stage 2.

Anonymous #1

Re: Alcohol withdrawal- Am I ok? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #25661229 - 12/06/18 09:10 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

I found this

https://www.recoveryfirst.org/alcohol-abuse/withdrawal-timeline/

Quote:

Individuals experiencing less severe withdrawal from alcohol, or what is termed a minor withdrawal syndrome, will experience the following:
The beginning of symptoms occur around six hours after one discontinues alcohol use.
The average length of the withdrawal syndrome is 24-48 hours but may extend 72 hours or longer.
Symptoms peak between 12 and 24 hours.
The major symptoms include sweating, upset stomach (with potential vomiting), shakiness or minor tremors, tachycardia (faster than normal heartbeat at rest), headache, and anxiety.
The individual typically suffers no serious issues with cognition or experiences no hallucinations. There are typically no psychotic features, and there are no seizures.

Im not sure how accurate that is but im pretty sure thats what im going through.

ill be about 36 hours in at about 1pm (I think i miscalculated before).

So im about 33 hours in now.

I am having shakes in my hands now. Do you think i should go to the ER? I feel like id be laughed out of the door because my symptoms arent intense enough

Anonymous #4

#25661358 - 12/06/18 10:17 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

have a beer and relax

Anonymous #1

#25661593 - 12/06/18 12:33 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

No beer yet but I am open to drinking a single one if I had to, until I could get to a doctor.

I dont think it will be needed though. 36 hours now and i am actually feeling a little better.

Anonymous #1

#25661617 - 12/06/18 12:44 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

And it comes back in waves :eek:

I felt fine then i just feel this aweful dread like feeling and have a panic attack.

My hands are shaking again too.

Anonymous #4

Re: Alcohol withdrawal- Am I ok? [Re: Anonymous #1] * 1
    #25661641 - 12/06/18 12:59 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

one beer will reduce any withdrawal symptoms. it is better than a $1000 emergency room bill.. assuming you dont have healthcare.. i dont.. and i think you are overracting homie.. unless your body is extremely sensitive to alcohol then maybe refrain from drinking all together. i drink nearly 750ml of whiskey every day and i dont have withdrawal that bad only after a day or two. ive neen binge drinking every evening for the last 6 years.. not proud of it.. just saying

Anonymous #1

#25661758 - 12/06/18 01:49 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

I may be imagining it to some extent. I am already extremely depressed and anxious. But I am certain im atleast having minor withdrawal.

Its hard to find any clear answers online about how long you have to drink to get addicted, how long symptoms take to peak etc. Me being a very anxious person already read about DTs and have been flipping out, because I honestly didn't know alcohol withdrawal was that dangerous until the other day.

Im thinking about smoking some weed.

I do not have healthcare either.

Anonymous #4

#25661824 - 12/06/18 02:20 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

weed could help. just a puff tho. im not a Dr, but i dont think you have any physical adddiction at this point my friend. i have seen hardcore addicts because i used to work in a liquor store.. you're guna be okay.. im sure you are just having a bit of a panic but it will pass.. it would even help to get some rest.. if you feel unable to sleep, have a shot of Nyquil or something to drift you off into slumber. you'll feel better soon!

Anonymous #3

#25661919 - 12/06/18 03:15 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:
I may be imagining it to some extent. I am already extremely depressed and anxious. But I am certain im atleast having minor withdrawal.

Its hard to find any clear answers online about how long you have to drink to get addicted, how long symptoms take to peak etc. Me being a very anxious person already read about DTs and have been flipping out, because I honestly didn't know alcohol withdrawal was that dangerous until the other day.

Im thinking about smoking some weed.

I do not have healthcare either.

Definitely smoke some weed. That may not help the anxiety but if you're going to substitute one thing for another that's your best choice besides tea/herbal supplements.

Most of it is in your head though unless youre a seriously heavy drinker. If you can make it past day 5, youre more or less in the clear as long as you dont pick the habit back up. It also helps to pick up a new habit to fill that void. Try painting, reading, meditating, exercise. Anything to pass the time. We're habitual creatures so obviously you need to replace one habit with another

Anonymous #4

#25662511 - 12/06/18 07:25 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

y'ever try kratom tea?

Anonymous #5

#25662558 - 12/06/18 07:55 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

The problem with alcohol withdrawal is that you will be seriously altered if you are in alcoholic hallucinosis or delerium tremens so you won't be able to take action or look after yourself once you're in that state.

You're past the time for seizures so that's good, but you're still at risk for hallucinations and the DTs.

ER bills suck, but the DTs can be fatal. In this litigious atmosphere they usually want to watch and observe people who are in withdrawal from substances that can be fatal like benzos and alcohol. They'd give you either Librium or Ativan for the taper if you were symptomatic.

You shouldn't mess around with this one. See a doc if you can.

If you are lacking insurance, maybe you can present to an ER without ID and just don't give your name or any other identifying details. In the US when it is a life threatening emergency, they have to stabilize you even if you can't pay.

Anonymous #1

Re: Alcohol withdrawal- Am I ok? [Re: Anonymous #5] * 1
    #25663202 - 12/07/18 06:39 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Update-

Im like, 50 something hours in.

Feeling waaaay better today. I rode to the liquor store yesterday and couldnt go in. I feel like i overcame a hurdle with that and now can move on. I dont know if I was having withdrawals, I dont feel 100% today but i do feel a lot fucking better.

Anonymous #5

#25663363 - 12/07/18 08:47 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Glad you're okay. You're not totally in the clear for a few more days.

Anonymous #6

Re: Alcohol withdrawal- Am I ok? [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #25663987 - 12/07/18 03:29 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

I had several friends that drink a lot and could stop for days and never had any issues.  Is withdrawals dependent on the person or something.

Anonymous #5

Re: Alcohol withdrawal- Am I ok? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #25663996 - 12/07/18 03:32 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

It depends on how much you are drinking and for how long.

Usually the people I see get into DTs were drinking something like 1/2 a pint  of hard liquor per day, 7+ 40 oz malt liquor per day, or a 24 pack of beers per day for at least a few months before it happens.

You have to be pretty much a serious alcoholic, but you'd be surprised at how many people are functional alcoholics with that level of drinking.

I can drink a lot and have abused alcohol in the past IMO, but never at those levels, maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of that at most. Never had anything close to WD symptoms myself.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals