Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
the intangible

Loc: Interzone, Canada
Cased yesterday, already seeing growth
    #2565919 - 04/15/04 11:21 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I inoculated 6 PF jars a month ago, and only 2 took, found out later because I had made them too moist.

I waited a full month to case the 2 that did work. Maybe too long to wait, but I wasn?t sure how to know that the jars were ?fully colonized.?

I cased them yesterday (wafer tek.) It was really hard to cut them. Put the wafers in a container about 4 inches by 6 inches, 1.5 inches deep. Wafers were about 1-2 cm thick, verm/coco coir layer (60/40) was about 1 cm thick, no bottom casing.

Already, tonight I opened it up and there was a dime sized and a quarter sized growth of myc on the top, looked REALLY thick, what I imagine overlay would look like?not nice and light.

I patched it.

The casing is covered with a lid, and in an incubator at 85 degrees Fahrenheit.

What shall I do? Cold shock now? Mist? Just let it sit a few more days, patching, then cold shock?

Why was the growth so heavy, and is that bad?

Thanks for any help, I am new at this, and this is my second attempt.

Note: "awareness spectrum" narcotics are frequently fatal except to desensitized individuals capable of transforming the poison-configuration within their own bodies.
Frank Herbert, Dune

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: Cased yesterday, already seeing growth [Re: Buchu]
    #2566026 - 04/15/04 11:59 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

let it sit for a few more days.....what you are trying to do is get the myc. to cover the surface as evenly as possable.All patching does is allow the other parts of the casing to catch up.If your casing's are like mine you will find that you have to patch the sam area over and over again.What i was told to do is to (when I have areas that are not colonizing) is to clean a fork and move some of the myc around (that is poking through the casing) than patch. I have found that this helps it to spread much easier and better.hope this helps.oh don't cold shock until ready to fruit. and let it incubate until you fruit.remember you want to fruit a couple of days befor it actually looks ready because the myc. will still spread in the fruiting chamber

Re: Cased yesterday, already seeing growth [Re: littlejohn747]
    #2566054 - 04/16/04 12:10 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I usually get a fork and move around the casing material from where there is no growth to where there is excessive growth. That way everything balances out and everything pops at once.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation