Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offline99.99
Stranger
 User Gallery

Ever wonder if drug dogs can sniff mushrooms?? this says they do
    #25657526 - 12/04/18 06:40 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

I’m not in Utah but I was reading up on their medical marijuana that just passed recently and in that article that says the drug dogs will have to be retrained they currently sniff out marijuana cocaine and mushrooms .....really WTF

https://www.ksl.com/?nid=1070&sid=46440688&title=medical-marijuana-in-utah-could-mean-retirement-for-generation-of-drug-k-9

COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS – Life with medical marijuana in Utah could potentially mean a significant expense for police departments around the state — a new generation of K-9s that do not sniff for marijuana.

Drug-sniffing K-9s are typically trained to indicate to their handlers when they detect a variety of illegal drugs — from marijuana to cocaine to meth to heroin to ecstasy to psilocybin mushrooms — but that indication looks the same.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBoatswainBob
SpaceCowboy

Loc: Mid-Atlantic
Re: Ever wonder if drug dogs can sniff mushrooms?? this says they do [Re: 99.99]
    #25679750 - 12/14/18 07:37 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

WOW. I've always wondered but never took the time to research. Good on you 99 and good looking out! Lolz, you think we can adopt one to help hunt in the wild?!?
I know wrong thread but do you have any updates to your outdoor stone grow? I've moved compost pile locations recently and would love to take advantage of the underground incredibleness after years of composting :smile:

--------------------
"If we're willing to give up hope that insecurity and pain can be exterminated, then we can have the courage to relax with the groundlessness of our situation." -Pema Chödrön

Offline99.99
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Ever wonder if drug dogs can sniff mushrooms?? this says they do [Re: BoatswainBob]
    #25686116 - 12/17/18 07:53 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

BoatswainBob said:
WOW. I've always wondered but never took the time to research. Good on you 99 and good looking out! Lolz, you think we can adopt one to help hunt in the wild?!?
I know wrong thread but do you have any updates to your outdoor stone grow? I've moved compost pile locations recently and would love to take advantage of the underground incredibleness after years of composting :smile:

Do you mean the giant pile of horse shit that I threw all my Spawn and plates into???

or do you mean the ones that was growing out of the jalapeño pepper plant for a couple years

All the stuff I put in the giant pile of horse shit I won’t see anything from until the spring if I’m lucky the Mexican stones that I had growing in the jalapeño pepper plant for a couple years never came back on the third year

The cyans that grow in Washington state smell so strong almost like a peppery wheat flour that my wife can pick them out just by walking next to them
I’m sure it would be easy to train a dog to smell for that

OfflineBoatswainBob
SpaceCowboy

Loc: Mid-Atlantic
Re: Ever wonder if drug dogs can sniff mushrooms?? this says they do [Re: 99.99]
    #25697559 - 12/23/18 07:54 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

99.99 said:
Quote:

BoatswainBob said:

Do you mean the giant pile of horse shit that I threw all my Spawn and plates into???

or do you mean the ones that was growing out of the jalapeño pepper plant for a couple years

All the stuff I put in the giant pile of horse shit I won’t see anything from until the spring if I’m lucky the Mexican stones that I had growing in the jalapeño pepper plant for a couple years never came back on the third year

The cyans that grow in Washington state smell so strong almost like a peppery wheat flour that my wife can pick them out just by walking next to them
I’m sure it would be easy to train a dog to smell for that

That's awesome! Thank you very much for the info, I had a pepper plant & fig tree go WILD together in a pot this season. Far out grew their "bigger, stronger" individual brethren respectively. Mycelium are like "teeming with microbes" & "teeming with nutrients" combined into something tasty! So amazing how they range so widely in "diet" as well, changing the world for sure.

I'm really curious to look into training a dog for that. I'll be in the south so it'll be a diff scent profile but I I don't see why it couldn't work given time & training. Pigs are what we always saw for truffle hunting...hmmmm. do you have any expierence with Zhu Ling / polyporus umbellatus ? Thank you again for the reassuring pictures/yes i've done that.

Best,
B

--------------------
"If we're willing to give up hope that insecurity and pain can be exterminated, then we can have the courage to relax with the groundlessness of our situation." -Pema Chödrön

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck