Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMadValley
Stranger than Most

Loc: An island in the PNW Flag
Day 2 - What I've learned
    #25655397 - 12/03/18 08:55 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

1) It's just as easy as the TEKs and videos make it appear. Except when it's not. It's not when a noob like myself has a brain-fart along the lines of "Next press the red button, but first..." I totally spaced sterilizing the needle between jars (PF TEK). I'm hoping that the needle having just come from a sterile package is gonna save my butt, but maybe not.

2) It took more stuff than I thought. To do 12 jars it took a full 6 cups verm, 3 cups BRF and 3 of water. I had like a teaspoon extra left over.

3) If the instructions don't work, figure out new instructions. I'm not particularly dexterous so the whole "lightly press down" when filling the jars didn't work for me. So I'd fill the jars to the rim and then smack them on the counter (with a protective towel in place) to settle the mix. Worked great and gave me a much more uniform compaction than smashing my thumb on it. Plus I didn't get any mix stuck to my fingers,

4) The spore syringes came with real fucking needles. Don't stick your thumb. :syringe:

5) The SAB works great as a germination chamber. At least I think hope it does.

6) Waste a couple jars as controls. I left one packed, sealed but not sterilized to see what will grow. I left one sealed and sterilized to let me know if my steam bath did the trick. The rest I inoculated. I probably used too much spore water but being my first time I wanted to get results as opposed to volume.

So I've got 2 grows to babysit on PE and one GT, 5 jars each. If I get anything interesting I'll post some pictures.

--------------------
How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started