Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

How to grow outdoors from dry shroom
    #2559080 - 04/14/04 11:56 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

How would I go about using a dry Thai Cubensi mushroom cap to start an outdoor patch? thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: How to grow outdoors from dry shroom [Re: ]
    #2559101 - 04/14/04 12:02 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

edited because I found some info that makes me eat crow.

Look here.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Edited by Ekstaza (04/14/04 12:07 PM)

OfflineThatDaltonGuy
PermanentlyFried
Loc: USA
    #2559146 - 04/14/04 12:11 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

well this is hard to go by doing if you expect to get an actual patch out of it... search for "cloning from dried cap" and work your way to a mycelium agar dish to substrate and crumble it over your outside pasteurized patch... or you could stick it in a pile of fresh cow dung and wait for it to dry, then stick it in your patch and water it slightly...theres many ways you could experiement with this subject, but as long as you have experience with outdoor patches already... if you dont have experience with outdoor patches alread, search the teks on this site and find someone that comes to ur liking... if you live in ID, CA, or GA, i suggest buying the book "Mushrooms Demystified" written by david aurora (it has over 2000 species and 800 photos including colored photos...), and going out into some fields for mushrooms to get spores... he talks mostly about the west coast... otherwise order some spores online and start them out in agar and move to substrate, then crumble on your outside patch... this isnt the easiest of methods but if your a spiritualist or think you'd have better luck etc growing outdoors then be my guest man... search the teks you will find what u need.

--------------------
Let me remind you that the above text is completely false and has been typed to you by an escaped mental patient and shouldn't be taken seriously unless you yourself also have a mental condition. These kind of things need to be taken into consideration by those viewing these threads.

Anonymous

Re: How to grow outdoors from dry shroom [Re: ThatDaltonGuy]
    #2559228 - 04/14/04 12:31 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I can't simply just dump the powerized cap onto a hunk of cow shit outside and keep it watered?

Anonymous

#2559236 - 04/14/04 12:32 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I'm hoping it could be that simple

Anonymous

#2559250 - 04/14/04 12:35 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I'm from California so I cannot get spores and this single cap is all I got.....

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #2559333 - 04/14/04 12:56 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I can't simply just dump the powerized cap onto a hunk of cow shit outside and keep it watered?

I'm sorry, but no.

Offlinepfshroomer
MASTER OF MY DOMAIN
Male User Gallery

Loc: seeking the truth
Re: How to grow outdoors from dry shroom [Re: OJK]
    #2559758 - 04/14/04 02:35 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

why did the california state legislature or state congress even pass that law about spores being illegal?Or are they considered illegal?Or just illegal to buy but not posses?Kind of like the way ephedrine is now...the FDA banned businesses from selling ephedrine but its still legal to posess,of course because there is still some floating around from when it was legal to sell.......so whats the big deal about California and Georgia not being able to buy spoes?I mean its not like they contain psilocybin.......
I just think the Gov't is fucked up,and Im pretty sure theres quite a few people who agree with me,lol.....
Yall be safe and dont do nuthin stupid!
Peace,
PF~

--------------------
"Follow the medicine path with an open mind and a clear heart, and you will surely find inner peace and enlightenment."

Anonymous

Re: How to grow outdoors from dry shroom [Re: pfshroomer]
    #2562683 - 04/15/04 07:55 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well you guys are telling me there is no way this will work.

I mixed the powdered cap in a cup of water with a bunch of chunks of cardboard and stirred it up (hopefully to spread any spores around in the water, hoping that once the cap was wet it would still release spores because the cap still had all of it's gills. Then I dumped this idiotic mixture onto some fresh dog shit that was between two bushes.......hahaha

Anonymous

#2562687 - 04/15/04 07:57 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

No way in hell this will work.....but if it does, I ain't eatin dogshit shrooms. Guess I would just make prints, and it is sad that these california laws force me to have to do this

OfflineCoolMojo
Imagination iswhat you make ofit
Folding@home Statistics
    #2562723 - 04/15/04 08:20 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

You had a slight chance of it working up till you dumped it on the dog shit. Its not a good substrate at all. You should have used straw or something with less fat in it.

Next time do this on some better substrate and you have a chance (a very slim one but it is posible)

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2563318 - 04/15/04 11:40 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

The dog shit doomed the whole project I fear.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisiblesakura
Aussie Expat

Loc: Japan
    #2563612 - 04/15/04 12:53 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

If you are lucky enough to get another cap, there are ways to grow the spores out with a reasonable chance of success. 

On dogshit = 0.0001% chance of success...  agar would give you a good chance of having some shrooms (you gotta follow the advice of the folks who know and do everything the RIGHT way, though :wink: )

--------------------
Shrooms aren't everyone's cup of tea... (Some folks just eat 'em)

Anonymous

#2563655 - 04/15/04 01:00 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

dogshit shrooms. honestly, WTF are you thinking. gonna give ya 5 caps for humor.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate