Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSquintEastwood
Stranger
Identification Request - Psilocybes?
    #25635155 - 11/23/18 09:50 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Hello all!
I've never posted on this site but I've lurked for a good while as I've been researching mushrooms. I've Been struggling to connect with people recently so I thought I'd give mushrooms a go and connect with all living beings at once haha. I found some mushrooms in my garden which look like psilocybes I've found around the web.
I left the current bunch I picked in a jar for too long to get a spore print from them but I've got pictures from when they were fresh (I reckon I could find some fresh ones soon to get a spore print pretty soon) Having looked around a bit, here are some magic species I think they look like:
Psilocybe Medullosa
Psilocybe Silvitica
Psilocybe Pelliculosa
Psilocybe Mexicana

Here are some not-so-magic lookalikes I've come across:
Panaeolus foenisecii
Psathyrella Marcescibilis

I live on the side of a hill in Ireland. There's a mountain range not far that's known to house liberty caps at this time of year so I always examine any mushrooms I see about the place. I found these ones in my own garden as I was raking up leaves (there was quite a thick covering where the mushrooms were growing). there are both coniferous and deciduous trees near where I found the them, the deciuous ones closer, but the the coniferous ones close enough that there's a decent amount of 'debris' from it around the place such as pine cones and twigs, but they're far enough away that they weren't sheltering the mushrooms. If you need better pictures, different angles or more information let me know. My parents are going away for a while soon so time is of the essence!

Thank you!

Edited by SquintEastwood (11/23/18 09:51 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePeekachu
Garnish with mush dust

Re: Identification Request - Psilocybes? [Re: SquintEastwood]
    #25635168 - 11/23/18 10:04 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

My bet is on don’t eat those

--------------------
If I blaze at the space station am I higher than a space ship

Invisiblerainout
Knight
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Identification Request - Psilocybes? [Re: Peekachu]
    #25635354 - 11/24/18 12:21 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

You should ask on the identification forum, maybe you will get more answers there:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/3

OfflineSquintEastwood
Stranger
Re: Identification Request - Psilocybes? [Re: rainout]
    #25635598 - 11/24/18 08:26 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Oh cool thanks! I'll head over there right away

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started