Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKreont
Stranger
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: SunnyDayze]
    #25599986 - 11/08/18 03:26 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Yes i'm doing a PF tek method with a spore syringe. I've bought spores already prepared in water. I don't have agar, and actually don't understand all these term's. What my idea is that i'll make oat grain spawn, sterilize it in pressure cooker, then use syringe to inoculate spores into jars (in sterile conditions). Store them in dark box, and when they're ready just put them in growing box. So after the first flush, do i need to add the water to prepare for a second one. I've read the article you suggested and it gave me some of the ideas/answers. Just not sure about this agar tek you're telling me, think i'll try this method first if i get it right.

ty!

Edit:
I've read some of Agar tek's, and i get the idea now. Thing is i don't have supplies for now. Will try this method first, syringe in, and hope we'll have luck this time.

And just one more question, when i'm sterilizing jars i cooker should i just put aluminium foil on top of the jar, without jar's lid, and make a little hole so aerated water can come in?

Edited by Kreont (11/08/18 06:25 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTheUltimateBohab
Fat and Slobby
I'm a teapot

Loc: LV-426
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Kreont]
    #25601548 - 11/08/18 05:57 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Kreont said:
Yes i'm doing a PF tek method with a spore syringe. I've bought spores already prepared in water. I don't have agar, and actually don't understand all these term's. What my idea is that i'll make oat grain spawn, sterilize it in pressure cooker, then use syringe to inoculate spores into jars (in sterile conditions). Store them in dark box, and when they're ready just put them in growing box. So after the first flush, do i need to add the water to prepare for a second one. I've read the article you suggested and it gave me some of the ideas/answers. Just not sure about this agar tek you're telling me, think i'll try this method first if i get it right.

ty!

Edit:
I've read some of Agar tek's, and i get the idea now. Thing is i don't have supplies for now. Will try this method first, syringe in, and hope we'll have luck this time.

And just one more question, when i'm sterilizing jars i cooker should i just put aluminium foil on top of the jar, without jar's lid, and make a little hole so aerated water can come in?

put the lid on....

--------------------
*DISCLAIMER*
Everything I say on here is BULLSHIT!! I lie so I can kick it...

Offlinegaia-madre
Mother Earth

Loc: Germany
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: TheUltimateBohab]
    #25606526 - 11/11/18 04:36 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks a lot! Great work. 👍🏻

OfflineSkelas
Stranger
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: gaia-madre]
    #25612010 - 11/13/18 12:33 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Bodi,

First thanks for all the great info, you really were instrumental in getting my head wrapped around oat spawn and monotub grows. Quick question, i've searched for this, but none of it seems to apply to an unmodified tub.  What do you do for subsequent flushes after the first?  Do you do a soak like PFtek, or what?  My apologies if this has already been answered, I just haven't been able to track it down.

OfflineCircle K
What Else Do You Need?
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli Province of Detro...
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Skelas]
    #25627890 - 11/20/18 02:50 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

When I'm doing agar plates, is it okay to let them completely jelly-fy, then drop some drops from my LC onto them?

I tried some before and used way too little, and that was a hell of a learning experience. Should I wait until they cool all the way down, or try and slip some myc in there as everything cools down? I'm working all of this without a thermometer, so it's working on my sense - a little More Than A Feeling.

--------------------
Hold on tight, to your dream!

Unless you have shoeboxes, then hold onto those.

Head down to the store, buy some butterfly clips, dub tub your jars, forget about them, move to Kensington, buy a boat you only ever keep in your driveway, become a Pinterest administrator, sell dollar store mugs with rhinestones hot glued all over them.

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Circle K]
    #25627923 - 11/20/18 03:07 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

One the agar is solid its cool enough

InvisibleBuck513
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25629540 - 11/21/18 09:24 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Bod.

RR has said scraping prints with an Xacto blade or something similar damages the spores. I was just curious if you’ve done your own tests. I’ve seen spore pictures from you before. Maybe you’ve already done that test.

--------------------
Fail to plan and you plan to fail.

Enter the Ban Lottery

InvisibleTormatoMFacebookDiscordReddit
The Goddess Kali Meh 😛
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Buck513]
    #25629549 - 11/21/18 09:29 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Buck513 said:
Hey Bod.

RR has said scraping prints with an Xacto blade or something similar damages the spores. I was just curious if you’ve done your own tests. I’ve seen spore pictures from you before. Maybe you’ve already done that test.

Not to drop in on Bod's question, but a spore print has probably several million spores...using a razor blade to scrape spores onto an agar dish I highly doubt the blade is going to ruin all of the many thousands being scraped to the agar...That would be a pretty impressive blade if it managed to damage every spore.

--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

InvisibleBuck513
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Tormato]
    #25629559 - 11/21/18 09:35 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

I never said it damaged all of them. I can’t find the quote right now anyway. Just something I’d like to hear about.

--------------------
Fail to plan and you plan to fail.

Enter the Ban Lottery

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Buck513]
    #25629600 - 11/21/18 09:53 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Ive seen spores damaged under magnification before but you can't kill em all

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25632798 - 11/22/18 03:21 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Bod.  This plate is from a recent clone.  After the first day there was something covering the surface.  Appears to be growing healthy myc, but not sure what this other growth is.

Hope you have a good Thanksgiving!

BB

--------------------

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Brain Bulb]
    #25633170 - 11/22/18 07:56 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

That's bacteria

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

#25633359 - 11/22/18 09:55 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

That’s what I was afraid of.  I’ve had bacteria show up on plates before but typically little yellow dots and it doesn’t spread very fast.  Any idea what kind?

Thanks,

BB

--------------------

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Brain Bulb]
    #25633888 - 11/23/18 08:16 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

The kind that has flagella

Invisiblejamslam
Meanderer

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25638479 - 11/25/18 02:59 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

This (the flow chart) is a life saver for me. You are my hero bod.

Edited by jamslam (11/25/18 03:12 PM)

OfflineArzeo

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: jamslam]
    #25647085 - 11/29/18 05:27 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Is this just tomentose myc?

2 pics of first transfer and  2 pics of the plate inoculated using spore print. The transfer wedge was moved around which explanins the 2 growths on that plate.

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Arzeo]
    #25647087 - 11/29/18 05:28 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

looks good from here keep me posted. I would do more transfers

OfflineArzeo

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25647107 - 11/29/18 05:40 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

One other thing, this is a pic of a contamination but it looks really similar to mycelium. It started growing from the outer edge of the plate after a ms spore syringe inoculation which had bad spores. Any idea?

Thought it might have been cobweb at first but it's been growing for some time and doesn't look to have sporulated yet.

InvisibleOmegaDelta
Spore on an Asteroid
Male

Loc: Gliese 581g
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ *DELETED* [Re: Arzeo]
    #25647205 - 11/29/18 06:42 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by OmegaDelta

Reason for deletion: Brain

--------------------
my first trip?...  She gave me the power to HEAR light and SEE sound...:mushroom2:

OfflineHeavyMetal
Old Man's Child
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: OmegaDelta]
    #25647425 - 11/29/18 08:52 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

I'm sure this is mentioned shortly somewhere in a post but I very well may have missed it as it couldn't have been more than a sentence somewhere but....

I'm wondering if you can tell me how you use your LC. I saw that you said you no longer use syringes and instead 'pour' it?

Wondering if you are doing this in front of a flow hood or what exactly. I feel that trying to pour LC in an SAB could easily introduce contams and then you'd need to test the LC after every use I would think.

I did take a look at gl45 lids as well, but perhaps the cogs aren't turning correctly in my head.

Anyway, just wondering if you can explain that process real quick.

I've been using agar wedges exclusively to do grain jars, then doing G2G after that. I think LC may be quicker but this is one hang up I have.

(I personally hate doing syringes with that stuff)

Thanks for your time!

--------------------
Heavy Me†al Forever

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates