Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCHOOS
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Tidalwave Blob Thread [Re: elPeligroso 5150] * 2
    #25620231 - 11/17/18 06:12 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mr.nelsonmtman said:in hopes of identifying gill tissues to swab for spores.

Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineelPeligroso 5150
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Tidalwave Blob Thread [Re: CHOOS]
    #25620251 - 11/17/18 06:31 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CHOOS said:
Quote:

mr.nelsonmtman said:in hopes of identifying gill tissues to swab for spores.

Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please!

It is definitely our focus. Hopefully one of them will mutate differently just enough. Still swabbing anything that even looks like it could.

Offlineshroompy
StrainCollector
 User Gallery

Re: Tidalwave Blob Thread [Re: elPeligroso 5150]
    #25620261 - 11/17/18 06:37 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks mr.nelsonmtman! Not it all seems clearer to me :smile:

OfflineelPeligroso 5150
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Tidalwave Blob Thread [Re: shroompy]
    #25620275 - 11/17/18 06:42 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

shroompy said:
Thanks mr.nelsonmtman! Not it all seems clearer to me :smile:

Happy to provide clarity at any time. :grin::mushroom2::thumbup:

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

Loc: Indiana
    #25623273 - 11/18/18 01:21 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mr.nelsonmtman said:
Question for you. You do realize that SWIM stands for "someone who is me" right? How far has your cultures grown my man? Have you been able to fruit any yet? Would love to see some more Enigma.

As already answered, SWIM means "Someone who isn't me", and also FOAF is "Friend of a friend". Why would anyone refer to themselves as "Someone who is me"? Maybe this misunderstanding about what SWIM means is why y'all thought I was trying to "take credit" for the substrain... As to "have I fruited it yet?", all pics are and will be updated in the OP.

Quote:

shroompy said:
Ok,
so for my unterstanding: This Tidal Waves Mutant has this one Father, that distributed the LC.

mr. nelsonmtman et al. went and growed some of that which looks beautifully crazy on the pictures and now call it Enigma

ghiajake (OP) has its kickass martha with monochromatic light (awsome paper by the way). He calls the blob Brainiac.

What does this guy who got the mutation to begin with wants to call his baby? or doesnt care?

Shroompy, I was one of a handful of people to be originally gifted the culture, then was kicked out of their cliquey group because they thought I was trying to steal the credit for an accidental mutation. This was addressed in this thread already. Anyone growing it can call it whatever they want, it's whoever stablizes it by getting spore production that gets to give it it's final name. That hasn't happened yet...

OfflineLeon ForestFacebookDiscord
Male

Re: Tidalwave Blob Thread [Re: ghiajake]
    #25623297 - 11/18/18 01:41 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Did you start this from ms or a culture someone had already isolated? If you started this with a culture the name should be made by the person who first isolated the culture. Growing out an already isolated culture isn't discovering it.

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

Re: Tidalwave Blob Thread [Re: Leon Forest]
    #25624119 - 11/18/18 08:55 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Indulgence said:
Did you start this from ms or a culture someone had already isolated? If you started this with a culture the name should be made by the person who first isolated the culture. Growing out an already isolated culture isn't discovering it.

I get what you are saying. No, I didn't isolate it. But like I said prior, the person who stabilizes a strain get's to name it. I don't have a problem calling it "Enigma" if that is what the original grower prefers. Unless I'm the one who stabilizes it, then I'll name it my name. Technically, it's still the "tidalwave" strain until spores are produced it is stablized...

OfflineelPeligroso 5150
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#25624152 - 11/18/18 09:11 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ghiajake said:
Quote:

mr.nelsonmtman said:
Question for you. You do realize that SWIM stands for "someone who is me" right? How far has your cultures grown my man? Have you been able to fruit any yet? Would love to see some more Enigma.

As already answered, SWIM means "Someone who isn't me", and also FOAF is "Friend of a friend". Why would anyone refer to themselves as "Someone who is me"? Maybe this misunderstanding about what SWIM means is why y'all thought I was trying to "take credit" for the substrain... As to "have I fruited it yet?", all pics are and will be updated in the OP.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=swim
Here read this definition of SWIM. It will shed some light on this shade being cast.

Quote:

shroompy said:
Ok,
so for my unterstanding: This Tidal Waves Mutant has this one Father, that distributed the LC.

mr. nelsonmtman et al. went and growed some of that which looks beautifully crazy on the pictures and now call it Enigma

ghiajake (OP) has its kickass martha with monochromatic light (awsome paper by the way). He calls the blob Brainiac.

What does this guy who got the mutation to begin with wants to call his baby? or doesnt care?

Shroompy, I was one of a handful of people to be originally gifted the culture, then was kicked out of their cliquey group because they thought I was trying to steal the credit for an accidental mutation. This was addressed in this thread already. Anyone growing it can call it whatever they want, it's whoever stablizes it by getting spore production that gets to give it it's final name. That hasn't happened yet...

Yet some more misinformation here. You were secondary in the gifting of the culture. Never did you have any claim or right to even discuss the name or fight any pending name change etc. You were a participant that did not display character traits that we found beneficial to the team working to stabilize the culture. Which is already proving to be pretty stable from culture. As it consistently behaves the same way from every generation a culture has been fruited. Our goal now is to find spores. Like PE it is a challenge and lots of swabbing has occurred. Fingers crossed we find a viable means and source to recreate from MS to Stabilize.
From your last statement it is pretty clear what your intention is and has always been. Ego is not your amigo my man. This is why you were kicked out of the group in the first place. We never feared you would stabilize it through your own efforts. We did not want to be a part of someone who sole interest seemed to be showboating and grandstanding. MushLuv brother. Hope that clears up the reasoning for you my man.

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

#25624227 - 11/18/18 09:52 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

^ This guy... I don't care what the name is or credit man, I just think the name fits it best. First or second wave of gifting, whatever man. It really doesn't matter. If y'all wanna make yourselves feel special that's just fine. I don't need public affirmation, so y'all have fun with that. I'd rather have public discussion.

Yes, I see that the clone is stable. Clones usually are stable when it comes to expressing the same traits as the original specimen btw, especially since the culture was isolated before it was ever fruited. I know how this works man, and until non-stable genetics express themselves then no spores will ever form from it. If you actually want my opinion about it, it is going to take stressing the culture to force those other genetic traits to come out. Like I did with the malformed fruits I got from the cased straight grain test fruiting. The more stable the fin formation in furthering generations is just gonna make it that much harder to stablize. Personally, I'd suggest y'all make slants of the T2 and T3 cultures for future cultivation if you haven't already. Further isolations might lose the potency before y'all figure out how to get it stablized. That's what happened with the sporeless Purple Mystic strain I worked on for a couple years.

Edited by ghiajake (11/18/18 10:04 PM)

OfflineLeon ForestFacebookDiscord
Male

#25624248 - 11/18/18 10:07 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

It appears it was fairly stabilized by the time you got it, your grow looks just like the other dozen of them I've seen.

Edited by Leon Forest (11/18/18 10:10 PM)

InvisibleBoomerSmith
Re: Tidalwave Blob Thread [Re: Leon Forest]
    #25624266 - 11/18/18 10:21 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

I believe mr.nelsonmtman pretty well sumed it up in his last post. Ghiajake, you were not one of the folks originally gifted the culture. You were brought in well after our work had began and without group consent. You weren't removed for trying to steal the credit. What you posted, my words about you, was only a very small snippet of what I actually said that day to that individual in a private chat. The fact that you would publicly post that drama for all to see is a very good example of why you were removed from the group. One of many reasons. I don't care for drama or public temper tantrums. One of the main reasons for your removal was this post. You claimed it was to document our work as a group. After you began it and members seen it, mr.nelsonmtman asked about the rest of the groups work (which was well underway) and your response was, "Thats for my work, you guys can post yours in the comments below. " That is where the whole taking credit issue began. I didn't reply to your crying post on fb and I hate that I'm doing it here, but this is where it counts and the record is being made so it must be set straight.
As for the name, it is Enigma. The culture began here and the name will come from the group that's doing the work on it together. I don't know what book the rule, "If I stabilize it, I'll name it my name." came from, but we're not using it. It was a privilege to be a part of it and it's a shame you showed no gratitude for being included for the time you were.  Mush love and above all else, mush RESPECT.

Edited by BoomerSmith (11/19/18 12:41 AM)

InvisibleGerms
Space Force
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Tidalwave Blob Thread [Re: BoomerSmith]
    #25624293 - 11/18/18 10:44 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

BoomerSmith said:
I believe mr.nelsonmtman pretty well sumed it up in his last post. Ghiajake, you were not one of the folks originally gifted the culture. You were brought in well after our work had began and without group consent. You weren't removed for trying to steal the credit. What you posted, my words about you, was only a very small snippet of what I actually said that day to that individual in a private chat. The fact that you would publicly post that drama for all to see is a very good example of why you were removed from the group. One of many reasons. I don't care for drama or public temper tantrums. One of the main reasons for your removal was this post. You claimed it was to document our work as a group. After you began it and members seen it, mr.nelsonmtman asked about the rest of the groups work (which was well underway) and your response was, "Thats for my work, you guys can post yours in the comments below. " That is where the whole taking credit issue began. I didn't reply to your crying post on fb and I hate that I'm doing it here, but this is where it counts and the record is being made so it must be set straight.
As for the name, it is Enigma. The culture began here and the name will come from the group that's doing the work on it together. I don't know what book the rule, "If I stabilize it, I'll name it my name." came from, but we're not using it. It was a privilege to be a part of it and it's a shame you showed no gratitude for being included for the time you were. As for everyone who is interested in growing this, mr.nelsonmtman and I are working on a large amount of lc to distribute freely. The name on the syringe will read, "ENIGMA Mush love and above all else, mush RESPECT.

Distributing/trading mycelium of active species is against the rules, edit your post or risk being banned.

--------------------

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

Re: Tidalwave Blob Thread [Re: BoomerSmith]
    #25624341 - 11/18/18 11:32 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

BoomerSmith said:
"Thats for my work, you guys can post yours in the comments below. " That is where the whole taking credit issue began.

This was the beginning of the issue? If y'all had talked to me about it I could have cleared that up. But you wouldn't talk to me and just made decisions based on assumptions. So since you are finally talking to me about it, then let's clear that part up right now. When I stated that, I was under the impression that y'all wanted me to edit my OP to include y'all's grows. Why would I do that? If someone what's to share their experiences with the mutation, then the appropriate place IS in the comments of the OP. At the time I created this thread it was the only showcase that the strain was getting here on Shroomery. None of y'all had posted. If you had a problem with that, then start and official thread for it. I don't see why this was ever an issue. You made an assumption about my behaviors and never manned up and asked me directly. But whatever guys. To be honest your exclusive adolescent behavior towards it has really lessened my interest in the strain. It's a cool novelty for sure, but it's creators are a bit too snobby for me. I'll finish up this current grow then I'm done with it. Have fun dictating who's worthy of your accidental mutation.

InvisibleGerms
Space Force
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Trusted Cultivator
    #25624348 - 11/18/18 11:36 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ghiajake said:
Quote:

BoomerSmith said:
"Thats for my work, you guys can post yours in the comments below. " That is where the whole taking credit issue began.

At the time I created this thread it was the only showcase that the strain was getting here on Shroomery. None of y'all had posted. If you had a problem with that, then start and official thread for it. I don't see why this was ever an issue.

As far as I see it, this is all that has to be said. It was disclaimed in the original post that the culture was given to you, which takes out the aspect of claiming its creation.
Create a separate thread if there’s an issue instead of derailing a good one.

--------------------

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

Re: Tidalwave Blob Thread [Re: Germs]
    #25624366 - 11/18/18 11:51 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

BoomerSmith said:
As far as I see it, this is all that has to be said. It was disclaimed in the original post that the culture was given to you, which takes out the aspect of claiming its creation.
Create a separate thread if there’s an issue instead of derailing a good one.

They keep going on about the name too, even though the thread title is the appropriate strain name AND I've said multiple times that I have no problem using their new name... But I'm the one "show-boating and grand-standing". :awesomenod:

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Tidalwave Blob Thread [Re: ghiajake] * 2
    #25624375 - 11/18/18 11:54 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Keep on keepin' on, the strain doesn't know where the fuck it came from.  :goodday:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

Re: Tidalwave Blob Thread [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #25632772 - 11/22/18 03:11 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Updated OP.

OfflineDabadoodledoo710
Dab Connoisseur
Male

Loc: Zone 5b Flag
    #25632912 - 11/22/18 04:54 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Looking good man. Like how non typical they look:thumbup:

OfflineelPeligroso 5150
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Tidalwave Blob Thread [Re: Dabadoodledoo710] * 1
    #25637392 - 11/25/18 01:24 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Just harvested the first of my efforts. Met BE and can confirm potency as early reports indicated.

306.06g wet from 1qt spawn and 1.5qts of sub. 29.7g dry.

Edited by elPeligroso 5150 (11/25/18 12:17 PM)

Offlineshroompy
StrainCollector
 User Gallery

Re: Ghia's Tidalwave Blob Thread (aka Brainiac) [Re: ghiajake]
    #25637804 - 11/25/18 09:24 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

@ghiajake
I read the article on light and growth. Still can´t understand why a green LED would make any sense.. As far as I understood, its the Blue light what makes the best growth and if one would want to ad a spectrum, it would be red light, since that batch had also positive effects on the development of the FBs

or did I miss something?

besides that: nice Blobs, or Brainiacs or Enigmas or whatevers...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag