Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMollyDolly
Queen Rabbit

Loc: N.C., USA
Im getting pissed off at the process of creating e-music
    #2562262 - 04/15/04 02:46 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

*note: didnt have room to spell "electronic music". please do not assume im talking about "e"..(teheh!)
Okay anyways. I have been messing around with drum machines, sequencers, keyboards, and all that stuff for over 5 years now. It has come to my conclusion that i enjoy analog hardware rather than digital and/or computer based equipment.
HOWEVER, i cant find decent analog equipment anywhere. It is all "fake" analog, or analog "modeling". I think im going to have to dish the money out and get an andromeda a6 by alesis, and this pisses me off cuz the things are exspensive as shit!
Why do they do this? why wont music companies make something that sounds really good USING FUCKING ANALOG?!?!?!?! a nice little sequencer box like a korg electribe, only with real analog and under $1000 would be nice.
I looked into getting a future retro 777, and found some on eBay but they were too exspensive for what they do.
I even contacted the makers of the furture retro 777 & they told me to not waste my money on the old one because they are bringing out a new 777 within the next couple of years & it will be much better. I said "COOL! is it gonna be analog?!"
they said....
"probably not."
>:(
another thing driving me insane is all this new shitty software coming out like fruity loops. fruity loops irritates me with a passion. here is my list why:
#1 no numbers on the damn sequencing keys (causes you to spend 90 percent more time punching in beats and whatnot)
#2 not enough sounds and things to do with them (and if you do discover you can do something with the sound, its only a "demo" and if you want to save your song using that demo, you have to purchase the plug in you are using to edit the sound for an additonal rediculous price.)
#3 EVERYONE USES IT. how do you expect to be unique and create your own music when all things coming from fruity sound the same? i can tell when a artist is using fruity right away no matter how much they claim to have a nice setup.
*sigh*
well anyways, im giving in and getting a creamware studio. i really dont want to, but i sold all my hardware due to its bugs and i dont know what else to do. its either buy one huge exspensive platform and hope all goes well or keep blowing my money on software programs that suck nuts and wait for companies to make analog machines which they will never do cuz heaven forbid anyone ever get ahold of something that can make thier music sound good.
i think maybe i might take analog electronics courses or some shit and just invent my own sequnecers myself.
/rant

--------------------
~~~~~*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*~~~~~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Im getting pissed off at the process of creating e-music [Re: MollyDolly]
    #2564451 - 04/15/04 03:17 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

all the new gear is now analog modeling,
because @ 32 bits there is really no difference,
it also helps to have a good Pre and know how to use compression.

my Alesis Ion has all the warmth and presence of a Moog,
when it is compressed correctly w/ just the right EQ.

Fruityloops is lot's of fun, a great way to learn, but it sounds cheap because it is cheap.

AFOM had creamware and it caused him nothing but problems,
then he went out and purchased a Powermac G5 and a MOTU 828 mkII.
we both run Digital Performer 4 with MachFive Sampler... never a click, pop or freeze.

but it is very difficult to capture that "analog" sound on any digital workstation,
maybe you should consider working w/ tape, that's the secret of many "analog" sounding artists.

Quote:

MollyDolly said:

i think maybe i might take analog electronics courses or some shit and just invent my own sequnecers myself.

don't waste time making a sequencer or arpeggiator,
just make your analog sound engine MIDI controllable.

then you could control your synth w/ your computer's sequencer.

there is a huge analog synth building/tweaking underground here OL,
there is a name for the hobby but i forget what it is...

for a good example of home-made analog circutry in action,
list to the song "You Create The Reason" by Forest For The Trees.

Offlineplanit
natural
Loc: hilly glacier washout
Re: Im getting pissed off at the process of creating e-music [Re: MollyDolly]
    #2564717 - 04/15/04 04:07 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i have to say this bothers me , as soon as i am done highschool i plan to start making music and not stop untill i succeed , i tbhought it could be a tedious task to make beats , but not if i had the right tachnology , that would take money and what i assumed would be digital programs and my computer , i was hoping for mabey a 2d visual music tracker to show the pich and type of whatever i digitally add.
i might sound like i have no idea what he's talking about. and i dont. i just wann know, that your saying its very hard to make good quality beats without a lot of money?

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Im getting pissed off at the process of creating e-music [Re: planit]
    #2565549 - 04/15/04 07:31 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i have heard phatter bumps from a casio on a four-track,
than most beats from a Studio with $100,000 worth of gear.

it really comes down to individual skill and ingenuity.

you can make quality beats w/ cheap hardware,
but not with cheap software.

you can make quality recordings w/ cheap software,
but not with cheap hardware.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale