Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleflyhighfunguy

Dehydrator is full for the next 3 hours, is it ok if i let fresh fruits sit until then?
    #25621693 - 11/17/18 06:25 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Hi everyone,

I just harvested some fruits, however my dehydrator will be full for the next 3 hours.

Is it alright if I let the fresh fruits sit for 3 hours until the dehydrator is ready, or will they begin to lose potency?

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineApc123
Mushroom momma
Female User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Dehydrator is full for the next 3 hours, is it ok if i let fresh fruits sit until then? [Re: flyhighfunguy]
    #25621705 - 11/17/18 06:28 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

U can put them in a paper bag and store them in the fridge or you can wrap them up in paper towels and then put them in the fridge. Something breathable... Even newspaper would do.

Edited by Apc123 (11/17/18 06:30 PM)

Invisibleflyhighfunguy

Re: Dehydrator is full for the next 3 hours, is it ok if i let fresh fruits sit until then? [Re: Apc123]
    #25621714 - 11/17/18 06:29 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Apc123 said:
U can put them in a paper bag and store them in the fridge or you can wrap them up in paper towels and put the in a storage container or a plastic bag then place them in the fridge.

Sweet, so even though it's only 3 hours you think it's still best to store them in the fridge until it's ready?

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Dehydrator is full for the next 3 hours, is it ok if i let fresh fruits sit until then? [Re: flyhighfunguy]
    #25621742 - 11/17/18 06:46 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

i wouldn't do anything special for a 3 hour delay. There's no need. Not like they're inky caps that'll dissolve into goop

Hate to contradict people but thats my 2 cents

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25621762 - 11/17/18 06:52 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

flyhighfunguy said:
Hi everyone,

I just harvested some fruits, however my dehydrator will be full for the next 3 hours.

Is it alright if I let the fresh fruits sit for 3 hours until the dehydrator is ready, or will they begin to lose potency?

Thanks

I refrigerate fruits when my dehydrators are full. They get a little more bruised than if they had not been in the refrig, but they are not worse for the wear. its totally fine.

Alternatively, I have taken a colander and put it on top of my full dehydro stack, and then put a lid over the colander. Its like a ghetto way of making an expansion chamber. see pic below (its empty, but I've used this little setup in a pinch, and it worked fine.) Also, you can buy expansion packs in packs of 2 racks on Amazon for Presto dehydros.

InvisibleGuy on a buffalo
Apprentice Cultivator

Loc: Ridin around through the ...
Re: Dehydrator is full for the next 3 hours, is it ok if i let fresh fruits sit until then? [Re: Munchauzen]
    #25621766 - 11/17/18 06:54 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah it's only 3 hours...

Will be good if not in fridge

OfflineSadTurkey
ayy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Re: Dehydrator is full for the next 3 hours, is it ok if i let fresh fruits sit until then? [Re: Psilosopherr] * 1
    #25621767 - 11/17/18 06:54 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Three hours is fine, no fridge needed. Think about it: a lot of growers air dry mushrooms 24 hours before putting them in a box with desiccants and those mushrooms start out as moist as a fat dude's armpit in a gym.

Invisibleflyhighfunguy

Re: Dehydrator is full for the next 3 hours, is it ok if i let fresh fruits sit until then? [Re: SadTurkey]
    #25621954 - 11/17/18 08:40 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Alright awesome, I'm just gonna keep letting em sit until the dehydrator ready then. Other than very slight bruising, they seem perfectly fine so far. Thanks for the help guys :cheers:

OfflineCam the info rat
Intrigued

Loc: Land of ignorance
    #25621973 - 11/17/18 08:56 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

If you have a fan nearby, point it at them until you can put them in your dehydrator. It will actually speed your drying process up a bit

--------------------
Striving to be anywhere near RR’s skill level

OfflineMushifer
Doing it
I'm a teapot

Loc: Earth, Sol
Re: Dehydrator is full for the next 3 hours, is it ok if i let fresh fruits sit until then? [Re: Cam the info rat]
    #25622105 - 11/17/18 10:25 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Is 3 hours even going to be enough to get them cracker dry? I've seen several threads that mention running them in a dehydrator for 24 hours. I can't find the link (and I'm going by memory here), but someone here did an experiment with drying times. He dried for 8, 12, 24 hours. The 8 hour time resulted in nearly cracker dried, but when placed in a bag for a week, was still dry but became soft again. Same with the 12 hour to a lesser extent. But the 24 hour batch snapped after a week in a bag.

--------------------

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dehydrator is full for the next 3 hours, is it ok if i let fresh fruits sit until then? [Re: Mushifer] * 1
    #25622136 - 11/17/18 11:11 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

It really varies from model to model. I've had ones that took twice as long to dry as my prestos. But ya I don't think any model is gonna get a full stack dry in 3 hours. itll be more like 8-12 hours. but in 3 hours, they will shrink considerably and you can redistribute them on the trays to fit more on.

Offlinemushroomnate
Pstranger
 User Gallery

Re: Dehydrator is full for the next 3 hours, is it ok if i let fresh fruits sit until then? [Re: Munchauzen]
    #25622150 - 11/17/18 11:22 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Munchauzen said:
It really varies from model to model. I've had ones that took twice as long to dry as my prestos. But ya I don't think any model is gonna get a full stack dry in 3 hours. itll be more like 8-12 hours. but in 3 hours, they will shrink considerably and you can redistribute them on the trays to fit more on.

:whathesaid:
I always went with 24hrs,but I have to admit,my old nesco was a light breeze compared to my new presto dehydro.:super:

--------------------

BRF to bulk/Cakes as spawn

Invisiblevan hattonFacebookDiscord
Still a noob
 User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dehydrator is full for the next 3 hours, is it ok if i let fresh fruits sit until then? [Re: mushroomnate]
    #25622181 - 11/18/18 12:26 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Not everyone has my situation but I have a room attached to my house with a wood burning stove in it. Fucking awful design imo but whatever.

I got one of those weed drying racks and just hang the extras in that room with the wood burner going.

If they stay there for 24 hours they are basically cracker dry I just throw them in the dehydrator still just in case.

--------------------
If I ever give out misinformation please inform me so I can have the correct information. :cheers:

Tmethyl said:
Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked a monotub that wasn't pinning fast enough. The force of the kick rearranged the genetics of the mushrooms, we now call them Penis Envy.

Caps McGee said:
:thumbsup:
Fun part is figuring out what works best for you

Offlinemushroomnate
Pstranger
 User Gallery

Re: Dehydrator is full for the next 3 hours, is it ok if i let fresh fruits sit until then? [Re: van hatton]
    #25622182 - 11/18/18 12:32 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Like some awesome mobile(MOH-beel)for us mushheads.:awesomenod:

--------------------

BRF to bulk/Cakes as spawn

Invisibleflyhighfunguy

Re: Dehydrator is full for the next 3 hours, is it ok if i let fresh fruits sit until then? [Re: Mushifer]
    #25622210 - 11/18/18 01:05 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Munchauzen said:

If you redistribute them after they shrink, and add some more fresh mushrooms in there, do you have to let the already some-what dry mushrooms go a little longer than usual? Ive always been worried that they will absorb the moisture from the fresher mushrooms.

Quote:

Mushifer said:
Is 3 hours even going to be enough to get them cracker dry? I've seen several threads that mention running them in a dehydrator for 24 hours. I can't find the link (and I'm going by memory here), but someone here did an experiment with drying times. He dried for 8, 12, 24 hours. The 8 hour time resulted in nearly cracker dried, but when placed in a bag for a week, was still dry but became soft again. Same with the 12 hour to a lesser extent. But the 24 hour batch snapped after a week in a bag.

Yea ive never had any mushrooms dry in 3 hours. These had already been going for around 21 hours, and had 3 more hours until 24 hours total.

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #25622229 - 11/18/18 01:46 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

3 hours is too long. You must consume them right now. :lol:

In all seriousness, you can leave them anywhere you want for 3 hours, besides places pets and children can get to :wink:.

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25622558 - 11/18/18 08:25 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

they are not going to absorb anything in a dehydrator

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: ally known as ... Flag
    #25622592 - 11/18/18 08:45 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Fresh fruit can be kept in a paper bag for over a week in the fridge with no ill effect...

OfflineFailboat
Fuck Up

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dehydrator is full for the next 3 hours, is it ok if i let fresh fruits sit until then? [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25622701 - 11/18/18 09:29 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Just cram em into the dehydrator and weigh it down. I tavk like 10 trays and the throw a couple boxes of nails ontop.

Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25622850 - 11/18/18 10:32 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Munchauzen said:
Quote:

flyhighfunguy said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks

I refrigerate fruits when my dehydrators are full. They get a little more bruised than if they had not been in the refrig, but they are not worse for the wear. its totally fine.

Alternatively, I have taken a colander and put it on top of my full dehydro stack, and then put a lid over the colander. Its like a ghetto way of making an expansion chamber. see pic below (its empty, but I've used this little setup in a pinch, and it worked fine.) Also, you can buy expansion packs in packs of 2 racks on Amazon for Presto dehydros.

This dude expanded his with buckets. Just curious why you would toss them in a fridge instead of fan drying until the dehydrator was free?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds