Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMister Black
smokes pot

Life, the Universe, and Everything
    #2562012 - 04/15/04 03:03 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hi Everybody.

I'm sort of torn as to where I should post this, so I'm putting it here. I originally thought it should go in General Questions, but that forum seems a little too much along the lines of "which strain of cubes..", etc., and this is a serious question so its going here.

I've been taking psychedelics for about seven years. When I started, I would take fairly high doses, usually lsd, usually between 5-10 hits, usually in combination with pot. Basically I'm a by-product of the acid wave that took hold of the last half of the 1990s in america. I've never done any drug regularly other than lsd and mj, but have tried out a good majority of them.
This is not important, just background. What is important is that about four years ago I dosed myself with a relatively large amount of liquid lsd and my life hasn't been the same since. I don't know if I'm out of my mind or if i've been given something ..special.. in regards to the way I percieve my life, or both. Or something else. Maybe one of you has an opinion.

It was a usual night, the night it happened. A friend and I had just failed at our weed buying attempts. My roomate had arranged a vial of acid which arrived late, and he had to go to bed with morning responsibilities. He gave it to me for 'safe' keeping and I made absolutely sure that it would be so.
After an initial dose of about a teaspoon, I waited an hour and felt nothing. I ate another teaspoon and smoked a bowl. Apparently that was all the acid needed because I came up fast after that. My friend also dosed twice, but about half the amount that I took each time. We kept getting higher and higher, as if the acid had forgotten to peak and just kept going.
I'm not going to give a full trip report, but I will point out a few things that I experienced that were unique to this trip only in my life. Most notably being completely aware of every component of everything in my surroundings and the way in which those things were related to and connected with each other and everything else. A seemingly natural side effect of this defilterization of perception was that I was able to communicate telepathically with my fellow psychonaut. This was such a wholly visceral experience that at one point I was unable to differentiate myself from my surroundings in such a complete way that I can only describe it as becoming everything. Coming down from this drug induced perception change was somewhat traumatic, especially when I had to defecate.

This event significantly changed my life and my belief in life like nothing else ever has. It is the closest thing to a religious experience that I have had, while at the same time being the most terrifying thing that has ever happened to me. I am continuously thankful that I was able to experience such a thing.

But, since this has happened I have noticed a gradual increase in the occurance of deja-vu, to the point where I experience the feeling that I have lived a certain moment before about two or three times a day. Although it isn't unpleasant I do have some questions about it, as it certainly is odd.

What do we know about deja-vu? I myself know nothing other than what I've already told you here.

And the big question:

Am I just brain damaged, or did I temporarily unlock some perception of infinity that I can only sort of remember all the time, by memories triggered by a finite perception of the world around me?*

This statement might make a little more sense if we sort of disregard the normal flow of time, as it seems to be. While at the height of the egolessness in which I was unable to discern the differences between most everything, time became a part of the whole, with no flow as it had nowhere to go. Like, we're more time than time itself. Supposing that Infinity is All and we are defined by our percieved movement though It.
With this in mind, we can conclude that if one were to suddenly be stripped of the limited perception of his movement through Infinity and forced to percieve a much larger amount of Infinity than that which he actually occupied, that person may very well have had unknowingly viewed large parts of his or other people's lives that hadn't occured yet based on the original perception's timeline.

I imagine that the preceding paragraphs will be even harder to read than they were to write.

Edited by Mister Black (04/15/04 04:31 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything [Re: Mister Black]
    #2562166 - 04/15/04 03:48 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

ya, i know a little of what you mean. never so hardcore though. you're not alone?

You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Edited by truekimbo2 (04/15/04 03:50 AM)

altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Life, the Universe, and Everything [Re: Mister Black]
    #2562290 - 04/15/04 05:08 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Keep going.

You ain't seen nothin yet!  :headbang:

I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology