Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Coir, Gypsum, Peat, Perlite, pH Test Strips, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | Next > | Last >
OfflineBobbit
Even Stranger

Loc: The outsideround Flag
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Ferather] * 3
    #25619879 - 11/16/18 11:42 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

i Need to test that card is better.

I have some p.sub on rye.

Moistened egg trag and put small piles in each depression. I can’t remember who’s post I got the idea from, etc... after 3 weeks.

Moistened wood chips seem to move much faster, and are enveloping and I assume filling the wood chip. I’m layering as sub myc seems to enjoy not be mashed up too much.
one week after this photo (near section)

I am finding that poplar or gum, hand chipped with a tomahawk, soaked in boiled jug water, reaps amazing results. Now to try moricz’s idea of casing this bad boy in some bucketed cvg (if I can figure out what that is).

I have some more p.sub grain ready for the next round also. Going to try shredded moist cardboard in the same fashion. Also some coffee bag hessian rolls...

--------------------
The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread

Official New Zealand woodlovers grow thread

–––––    ╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮    –––––
The Official Kiwi DMT and MAOI Thread

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinel0wbob
Strangerman
Male

Loc: Germ_Any Flag
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Bobbit]
    #25620007 - 11/17/18 02:33 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Bobbit said:
Now to try moricz’s idea of casing this bad boy in some bucketed cvg (if I can figure out what that is).

I think with "cvg" he meant Coir-Vermiculite-Gypsum. At least thats what i read everywhere, but maybe i am wrong :laugh:

InvisibleNimph
Im Unclecaptainblue!!!!

Loc: The dirty
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: l0wbob]
    #25620019 - 11/17/18 02:48 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Nope your right!

--------------------
Hunters save your exotic prints to trade! https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25617539:shroomeryhead:

Offlinemoricz
Inky Cap Cultivator
 User Gallery

Loc: EU
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Nimph] * 2
    #25620111 - 11/17/18 05:55 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Bucketted CVG is coir verm gipsum, 1 brick coir (650g) and 2 litres of vermiculite and a little gypsum (vermiculite and gypsum not neccesary)

Take those in a bucket, and satureate with 4 liter of boiling water, really bubbling water. Then mix this hot stuff well, let break up the whole brick of coir, then put a lid on that bucket, and cover with pillows or chlotes to keep warm for 1,5 h then let is cool, and use.

Guys!!! I have an alenii pin on a strawlog, standard oyster substrate :wink:

Pix afternoon.

OfflineFerather
Mycological
Male User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom Flag
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: moricz]
    #25620342 - 11/17/18 09:21 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

@Bobbit

Awesome, those chips look like they are perfect for decaying, the same for the egg carton (no resistance).
The chips are nice and dark, they also looked aged (less resistance, phenols more oxidized).

You have an ideal media by the looks of it, have you considered enrichment?
Try coir + lime or just coir, I don't think you need the verm.

--------------------

--------------------
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Journal/350881 - Ferather's Journal, guides, recipes and more [2019]
--------------------
RGM: Rift Game Manager - DPS meter for Rift, with absorb to heal converter and data export [2017]
Commander: [Cygwin + Cmder] - Customize Android, Setup VirtualBox, plus more [2019]

OfflineSolipsis
m̶a̶d̶ disappointed scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: the Neitherlands Flag
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: l0wbob]
    #25620676 - 11/17/18 12:31 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

I don't believe gypsum is a good ph buffer, is it added for another reason?

OfflineFerather
Mycological
Male User Gallery

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Solipsis]
    #25620833 - 11/17/18 01:38 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

It adds calcium and sulphur to a media, grit, nothing else. The calcium I fully understand, the sulphur I do not (yet).
However, I am using a method that already adds sulphur, so I only need lime (calcium carbonate).

25kg of ultra fine calcium carbonate, £6 | 25kg of calcium sulphate, £25.
I can also get 25kg of limestone granules for £6.

The stuff I use here (Intralabs).

--------------------

--------------------
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Journal/350881 - Ferather's Journal, guides, recipes and more [2019]
--------------------
RGM: Rift Game Manager - DPS meter for Rift, with absorb to heal converter and data export [2017]
Commander: [Cygwin + Cmder] - Customize Android, Setup VirtualBox, plus more [2019]

OfflineBobbit
Even Stranger

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Ferather]
    #25621005 - 11/17/18 03:12 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

moricz said:
Bucketted CVG is coir verm gipsum, 1 brick coir (650g) and 2 litres of vermiculite and a little gypsum (vermiculite and gypsum not neccesary)

Thanks, purchased a few coir bricks Yesterday. Is your 650g the dry weight of the coir? (Stoopid question I know.)

Quote:

Ferather said:
Awesome, those chips look like they are perfect for decaying, the same for the egg carton (no resistance).
The chips are nice and dark, they also looked aged (less resistance, phenols more oxidized).

The top layer are aged, the 3 below however weren’t and colonised at the same speed.

The difference between starting with grains/brf vs stem butts is insane. Hardly surprising though as there is a decent food supply to really support colony expansion.

--------------------

OfflineFerather
Mycological
Male User Gallery

#25621035 - 11/17/18 03:31 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Vigorous spawn is always a good start. Top job, lovely images.

:thumbup:

--------------------

--------------------
--------------------

Offlinemoricz
Inky Cap Cultivator
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Bobbit] * 1
    #25621045 - 11/17/18 03:41 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Bobbit said:
Quote:

moricz said:

Thanks, purchased a few coir bricks Yesterday. Is your 650g the dry weight of the coir? (Stoopid question I know.)

Yes yes, dry weight.
Nowadays I don't add verm into the mix, just gypsum only.

Offlinemoricz
Inky Cap Cultivator
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: moricz] * 2
    #25621106 - 11/17/18 04:27 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

So 2 days ago spotted some knotting on the pasteurised straw bags of alenii and on the questionable (cyan/azure/serbica) bags. So tried to make some photo of the pins...

alenii pins

serbica(?) pin

And Ovoids finally start to feel themself at home.

And the Serbica pins on woodchips cased with Coir

OfflineBobbit
Even Stranger

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: moricz]
    #25621216 - 11/17/18 05:17 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Love the mush growing from the bottom of the pots!

Are the woodies above, all supposed to be very difficult to grow indoors, like subs?

I have some pftek cakes of p.sub which I birthed, dunked and cased. I was going to use the fridge overnight, and a wine cooler during the day. The wine cooler is electrostatic, so stays 8-10° below ambient temps (15-18°) and has a glass door. The fan bringing air in circulates air internally. I’m thinking a perlite/pumice tray in the bottom for moisture. The glass door should allow enough light.

Fingers and toes crossed.

--------------------

OfflineBobbit
Even Stranger

#25621239 - 11/17/18 05:26 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ferather said: have you considered enrichment?
Try coir + lime or just coir, I don't think you need the verm.

I thought enrichment encouraged contamination. I’m also happy with the speed of colonisation, so not sure why enrichment is necessary.

Are you suggesting that lime and coir are a form of enrichment?

I now have coir to experiment with...

--------------------

OfflineFerather
Mycological
Male User Gallery

#25621379 - 11/17/18 06:22 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Continue as you where to gain experience and so on. After that you will probably know what I mean by enrichment.
Enrichment is to make up for nutrient deficiencies within the wood composition, producing more fruits.

In a way, it's like making sure the mycelium gets good enough A-Z minerals and vitamins.

--------------------

--------------------
--------------------

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#25621659 - 11/17/18 08:16 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

stevo said:
philosopher: another opinion (most of quote omitted for space)

thanks for the thorough responses! Both of you who replied.  I always feel a bit like an obnoxious noob when I post a long list of questions so thanks for taking the time.

So you just use storebought wood mulch? Thats what I had done as well originally. Maybe I'll just do that again, easier than sourcing the proper species of woodchips. Plenty of trees around but no woodchipper...I suppose it wouldn't be too much of a chore to break up a bunch of alder twigs into bits

Also considering trying a slurry and/or asantes woodlover smoothie tek with the fruits.

I'm starting to think I'm working with azurescens and not cyanescens. My caps never flatten out or get wavy, they just stay bell shaped. Identical cultivation procedures afaik though

another tidbit I'll add; I put a couple small pieces of cardboard over the surface of part of my pot and the mycelium underneath grows way healthier and thicker. Maybe I'll just cover the entire surface of my future pots, at least when they're not fruiting.

OfflineBU4O
Weed on ^^
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bulgaria,Plovdiv Flag
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #25622159 - 11/18/18 01:36 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Here are my Allenii 2 clusters with 3 mushrooms and a lonely one...They're growing very slowly,now they are 19-20 days old... They enjoy the rain and cold.

--------------------

Offlinemoricz
Inky Cap Cultivator
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25622286 - 11/18/18 04:47 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Bobbit said:
Love the mush growing from the bottom of the pots!

Are the woodies above, all supposed to be very difficult to grow indoors, like subs?

I have some pftek cakes of p.sub which I birthed, dunked and cased. I was going to use the fridge overnight, and a wine cooler during the day. The wine cooler is electrostatic, so stays 8-10° below ambient temps (15-18°) and has a glass door. The fan bringing air in circulates air internally. I’m thinking a perlite/pumice tray in the bottom for moisture. The glass door should allow enough light.

Fingers and toes crossed.

I don't know if they are so difficult, I think I'm lucky :shrug: honestly I just mix the sterile spawn with pasteurised chips and wait, in the end of august I case them, and wait for the cellar to cool down :smile: When it happens they fruit :smile:

Done some experiments here and there. I think that they need nastyness because of the bacterias. If I'll have time, I can try to grow sterile fruits from a jar of nutritious woodchips in a fridge or something, but afaik. no oney ever succseed with that.

So your grow will be a cool experiment, collect every data you can :wink:

As you probably know that woodlovers need some consolidation time as much as I know. The strawbags are made in the middle of september, colonised in about 3 weeks, then they just sat in the cellar with no signs of pins.

Bytheway the Pf cake you mention, does it contains any wood or straw maybe ? :smile:

Sending vibes ... :wizard:

InvisiblebobwastakenS
under construction
 User Gallery

Loc: SA
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: moricz] * 2
    #25622321 - 11/18/18 05:56 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

You can add me to that list. Sterile is no bueno for P.subs or azures. I have followed your grows closely Moricz and in regards to fruiting the one difference is I've tried to fruit sterile spawn (mostly to confirm what many have already discovered). P.subs and P.azurescens when kept at 7-14c and 85-95% rh with optimal FAE will not fruit from a sterile substrate (IME) Every other temperate wood or dung lover has performed prolifically in the same conditions. There is something different with species of the cyanscens complex and I also feel that microbes may have something to do with it.

BRF cakes... You might be interested in reading up on this experiment.
http://www.agiati.it/UploadDocs/35_art11_gartz.pdf

Invisiblebacillus
Very Serious Mushronomer
Male

Loc: Central Europe
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: bobwastaken] * 1
    #25622405 - 11/18/18 08:02 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

I had a few woodlover trays in a fruiting chamber outdoors. Mostly uncased, some cased with peat or moss. No fruits, the closest thing was what looked like a few knots from two azure trays.

The outdoor season is over for me, as the frosts came. Looks like they caught some ovoids still pinning.

--------------------
Mycelium on agarLet's trade

OfflineFerather
Mycological
Male User Gallery

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: bacillus]
    #25622496 - 11/18/18 09:37 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bobwastaken said:
You can add me to that list. Sterile is no bueno for P.subs or azures. I have followed your grows closely Moricz and in regards to fruiting the one difference is I've tried to fruit sterile spawn (mostly to confirm what many have already discovered). P.subs and P.azurescens when kept at 7-14c and 85-95% rh with optimal FAE will not fruit from a sterile substrate (IME) Every other temperate wood or dung lover has performed prolifically in the same conditions. There is something different with species of the cyanscens complex and I also feel that microbes may have something to do with it.

BRF cakes... You might be interested in reading up on this experiment.
http://www.agiati.it/UploadDocs/35_art11_gartz.pdf

What was the sterile substrate? Not sure what I am reading with the PDF in regards to BRF (Can you point it out, sorry I have ADHD).

--------------------

--------------------
--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Coir, Gypsum, Peat, Perlite, pH Test Strips, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation