Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenaturalistic123
Male User Gallery

Presto pressure guage
    #25618252 - 11/16/18 11:00 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Hey guys, so just yesterday I pulled out the big presto to do a run after awhile of being in storage.  The last of my boxes finished their last flush, so now its time to get it rolling again.  I pc'd 10 quarts of wbs, and when I went to open up the pc this morning, I noticed that the needle of the guage was exposed.  I don't remember it being like that, I thought I recalled it having a glass or plastic window thing over the needle.  I looked around and couldn't find the peice, and so I just want to make sure i'm not going crazy.  There IS a clear window thing that goes over the face of the guage to protect the needle, right???

I'll go ahead and order another one, I just want to be sure before I go and order it.  Thanks guys!

--------------------
Ὡς οὖν εἴπεν αὐτοῖς ὅτι Ἐγώ εἰμι, ἀπῆλθον εἰς τὰ ὀπίσω, καὶ ἔπεσον χαμαί.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDeathByAstonishmnt
Receiver, Processor, Transmitter

Loc: Earth
Re: Presto pressure guage [Re: naturalistic123]
    #25618296 - 11/16/18 11:24 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

My presto w/ gauge does have a plastic cover.

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #25618562 - 11/16/18 01:03 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Yours fell off shouldn't be a problem

--------------------
Everything you need in one spot.

My Q&A thread. Ask me questions here rather than in Private Message
Bod's chat thread
Buy Bod a beer:
BTC: 1G7roCpYmNp4VqnKySQeBkaFTc7JMzKLpL
ETH: 0x2091cE981af8129986C50AC0818e1aCA76076768
DOGE: DQNyGtUNHwYUrGECag1VRmMcf6QVeTY4V1

InvisibleR.I.P.Zappa
Myco Melyco

Loc: In Between Space and Time Flag
    #25619590 - 11/16/18 08:55 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

If it's a recent 23q unmodified presto the weight should start giggling a tad over 15 PSI.

What I did after buying three seals to find the gauge or machined hole itself was faulty; I just ran a bolt with RTV, two neoprine sink washers and two metal washers through mine. 20+ runs so far and still solid state.

Ordering a new one with the warranty ends up costing 1/2 the price of a whole unit after shipping/time so if If you have a store near by that sells replacements then they are only about $25. 

In short, if it keeps a seal and starts jiggling at 15 psi then it's still calibrated. Keep in mind the gauges only stay calibrated for so many runs until mineral deposits and life take it's toll on it.
After a few runs on the presto it's like a manual transmission, ya just listen to the sweet sound of the rocker then give it more or less gas.

If this isn't a recent 23q presto than this advice probably doesn't apply.
You can also go get the gauge pressure checked to see if it's still accurate if you have someone near by that has the equipment to do that.
If it is a weighted gauge then they don't need to be tested. If it is a dial gauge then it is recommended to test it from time to time, preferably yearly is presto's recommendation. I think only All Americans have the option of weighted and dial gauges but presto only uses dial.

--------------------
-The heaviest thing one will ever carry is a thought-
-"Like a Blind man In an orgy you gotta feel things out.".-
-When we agree about our hallucinations, we call it “reality".-
-If you defy authority because your told to, that's no better than blindly trusting authority.-

psychonautwiki.org

How it should & shouldn't look - NEW CULTIVATORS GUIDE
BOD's Easy AF OAT prep tek.
Principles of mushroom growing for beginners

Edited by R.I.P.Zappa (11/16/18 08:58 PM)

Offlinenaturalistic123
Male User Gallery

Re: Presto pressure guage [Re: R.I.P.Zappa]
    #25620045 - 11/17/18 03:45 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I figured as "mush"  :howyoudoing: that I could still use it, even if they guage dial became faulty by the operation of the weight.  I'm just one of those people who likes to have everything in working, operating order, and for some reason the plastic cover missing on it just pisses me off.  Like a wheel missing it's hubcap or something on a new car.  I just bought the PC brand new within the year.  I wonder if the warranty covers it, I still have the box somewhere.  I know it's not really worth worrying that much over, just can't help but be pissed about it.

Thank you all for your answers, and help on the matter.  I hope all you guys are doing well and are prosperous, i'm always grateful to have this forum of people.

Oh and Zappa, I beleive I remember reading a tek you made on sealing up that presto.  At least I think it was you.  Am I correct? 

--------------------
Ὡς οὖν εἴπεν αὐτοῖς ὅτι Ἐγώ εἰμι, ἀπῆλθον εἰς τὰ ὀπίσω, καὶ ἔπεσον χαμαί.

Edited by naturalistic123 (11/17/18 03:47 AM)

InvisibleR.I.P.Zappa
Myco Melyco

Loc: In Between Space and Time Flag
    #25622680 - 11/18/18 11:22 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I never put a Tek up for it but I do remember posting it in the new tools of the trade thread.
Was quite happy to be saving energy $$$ and being leak free after that little odyssey. :awesomenod:

--------------------
-The heaviest thing one will ever carry is a thought-
-"Like a Blind man In an orgy you gotta feel things out.".-
-When we agree about our hallucinations, we call it “reality".-
-If you defy authority because your told to, that's no better than blindly trusting authority.-

psychonautwiki.org

How it should & shouldn't look - NEW CULTIVATORS GUIDE
BOD's Easy AF OAT prep tek.
Principles of mushroom growing for beginners

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation