Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
The biggest risk with molds is that of allergic reactions. As you said, you should try to minimize any breathing of the material. Even so, allergic sensitivities can develop over time/exposure [many beekeepers develop allergies to stings over the years]. Some 'environmentally rare' forms of molds such as Aspergillus can cause actual infections, but often those involve immuno-compromised individuals. One way or the other, reduce your exposure and try to figure out the problem; Good luck!