Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCatharsis
boobs
ok, this is gonna sound conceited to the max, but...
    #2548964 - 04/11/04 05:17 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

what the fuck? where are all the smart people? there is absolutely no one I would consider going out with, male or female personality wise, in my city.

it seems like everyone is an idiot but me. honestly, I don't really care much about looks, 'cause I'm no prize myself. but is it REALLY so much to ask for to be able to hold a decent conversation with someone? it doesn't even have to be a "dating" deal, I seriously *dont* know any one at my highschool who seems to be at my level, which I know sounds so conceited, but so far it seems true. I know you can't point out someone from a crowd and be like "oh, they look like they can hold a decent conversation" but, ugh. if they were so many, I would've atleast found a couple by now.

fuck it, I'm just gonna hang out with pretentious 20 year old college students or something.

/rant

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: ok, this is gonna sound conceited to the max, but... [Re: Catharsis]
    #2549032 - 04/11/04 05:50 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

I'm smart, I fit the "pretentious 20 year old college student" category.

PM me for details :heartpump:

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2549052 - 04/11/04 06:00 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

I know how you feel. Seems like every girl I meet is either too dumb, too ugly, or just not interested in me. I'm not worried, though. I'm just trying to enjoy being single and not being tied down. From what I've experienced in the past and from what other people have told me, it doesn't work very well when you go looking for a girlfriend/boyfriend. They just sort of "happen." So while I'm waiting for the right woman to come into my life, I'm not gonna worry about it. I'm just gonna work on being comfortable with myself.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
    #2552626 - 04/12/04 10:31 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

I know what you mean man. I definatly don't consider myself above anyone else or anything, but it's been ages since I've had a really interesting/deep conversation with anyone. Guess thats what you get when theres 1000 people within 40 miles of you and the average age is 65. Sometimes I wonder why other people even talk. The shit they yap about is so fucking stupid. People always regaurd me as a quiet person, but every time I do try to talk to people there like "woah youre really smart I have no idea what any of that means" and such. Even at my school it seems like I could be teaching most of my classes better than the teachers. Why can't people just be a little more...mind out-going? Sometimes it scares me to think that my generation is going to rule the earth in the near future.

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

OfflineMojo_Risin
Man

Loc: United States of America ...
Re: ok, this is gonna sound conceited to the max, but... [Re: Grok]
    #2554010 - 04/13/04 10:42 AM (20 years, 7 days ago)

they'll rule the shifts at fast food joints and such...not the world...that is why they are the way they are and their children could very likely be the way they are. Its a system that relies on keeping certain parts intact to support the main devices.

my advice to the three of you...test the boundries...it'll keep you from bordem :cool:.

Peace & Love

Mojo

--------------------
Fear    attracts  energy  that can expose one to be coerced. Learn to overcome fear and develop enlightenment.

Freedom Equality Justice (3 of 12 Jewels of Life)

Nov.11th Veterans Ron Paul Moneybomb...www.Ronpaul2012.com

Check out campaignforliberty.com

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: ok, this is gonna sound conceited to the max, but... *DELETED* [Re: Catharsis]
    #2554117 - 04/13/04 11:19 AM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Post deleted by jonnywax

Reason for deletion: ~

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: ok, this is gonna sound conceited to the max, but... [Re: lukeboots]
    #2557972 - 04/14/04 03:18 AM (20 years, 6 days ago)

Maybe you just live in a stupid area. I actually wish myself that I had more intellectual friends (most of them are average intelligence and just don't care too much about anything) but there are many smart people out there. Especially in college. I've also made friends (from work, actualy) from 26-32 who seem to respect me, a 19-year-old as a mature adult. Either the adults you hang with are jackasses or you're a jackass, I guess. I'm high. I don't know what I'm talking about.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineCatharsis
boobs
Re: ok, this is gonna sound conceited to the max, but... [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #2560771 - 04/14/04 06:38 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

I don't know, it might just be my age, as I am only 16.  :confused:

I don't think hanging out with people like 4-6 years older than me will pan out all the great.  I know I wouldn't take anyone 4 years younger than myself all that seriously, so I can't really expect to be all that accepting or anything.  Atleast, besides the few I already know.

the whole waiting for love thing also seems to be an extreme bitch.  I am not really a patient person or anything, and seeing all the other people group up in two's and being all affectionate and happy is starting to get to me.

bleh, highschool blows, maybe I'm just like, abnormally smart.  everyone seems to think I am  :thumbdown: 

thanks for the responses, though.

Edited by Catharsis (04/14/04 06:59 PM)

Invisibleadrug

#2561080 - 04/14/04 08:23 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

er...you have to be 18 to access the shroomery.

OfflineCatharsis
boobs
Re: ok, this is gonna sound conceited to the max, but... [Re: adrug]
    #2561395 - 04/14/04 09:44 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

adrug said:
er...you have to be 18 to access the shroomery.

...yeah. I knew that...
but, I havent seen people being banned strictly on age, yet. unless I am mistaken.

and if I am, oh well.

OfflineHahzist
Surfing theWaves of Chaos

Re: ok, this is gonna sound conceited to the max, but... [Re: adrug]
    #2561412 - 04/14/04 09:47 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

"er...you have to be 18 to access the shroomery."
Just pretend you didnt see that  :wink: :thumbup:

Anyway, you might not be looking hard enough, or maybe its you :crazy:. But I know a lot of intelligent people that I can hold deep conversations with. I think being very close also has a lot to do with it. People arent going to pour out their heart to you the moment you two meet. Give it some time, get to know them a little, and eventually they will let their guard down. It could be that you are just a very open person, and are willing to talk about anything with anyone, which is good :smile:. But you have to understand, I'm sure a lot of people match your intelligence, they just dont know you well enough to be as open as youd like.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #2598510 - 04/24/04 04:04 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

alot of people are smart but they hide it well..as strange as that soundz

as you get older people seem to start seeing there intelligence as what it is... attractive. 
you are probally more mature than most...

I have a similiar promblem
except I hve been able to find  intelligent people I cant seem to find girls really open to  :heart:

its like there all bitter and stuff..it hurts because over looks and even over intelligence
..i want a lover who loves deep down
I dont need to be over affectionate or whatever ..i just mean when they look out at the world.. they see a world of hurt and dont only want to help, but believe that they can..because every one can :heart:

OfflineProtester
Stoner ReekingHavok

Re: ok, this is gonna sound conceited to the max, but... [Re: Hahzist]
    #2598716 - 04/24/04 06:23 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Hahzist said:
Anyway, you might not be looking hard enough, or maybe its you :crazy

Nope its not him i find the average american to be dumb as hell.

--------------------
I work my shitty 9-5 and I pay my taxes, I'm not hurting anybody else. So why do you care what i do in my spare time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds