Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinetoby.lea
Stranger
Seeking participants for new online survey about psychedelic use * 4
    #25613911 - 11/14/18 09:48 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

We've recently launched the Psychedelic Experiences Survey, an online survey that aims to better understand people's experiences of using psilocybin, LSD and other psychedelics.

We are particularly interested in hearing from people who have used psychedelics to help with mental health, issues with alcohol and other drug use, or personal and spiritual development. We are also keen to hear from people who have experience of microdosing.

You can complete the survey here: http://psychedelicexperiencessurvey.net

You need to be aged at least 16 years to participate and people from any country can take part. It should take around 15-20 mins to complete. You can fill it out anonymously or provide your email for follow-up in 6 months time. We take your privacy seriously, store your data securely and do not record your IP address.

There’s quite a bit of clinical research happening at the moment into psychedelics, and social science research is needed to complement this important work. We hope that our research can be used to provide better information and education to people using psychedelics, whether that be for therapeutic, self-enhancement, recreational or other purposes. We would also like to see the findings used to develop better drug policies and services for people who use psychedelics.

Happy to discuss anything and answer any questions here, or feel free to email me at t.lea@katho-nrw.de

Thanks for reading and would really appreciate your time in helping us out with the survey!

Toby

Dr Toby Lea
Humboldt Foundation Research Fellow
German Institute for Addiction and Prevention Research, Cologne, Germany

Adjunct Lecturer
Centre for Social Research in Health, UNSW Sydney, Australia

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRevok
I Am OTD
 User Gallery
Re: Seeking participants for new online survey about psychedelic use [Re: toby.lea]
    #25613982 - 11/14/18 10:19 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

The age criteria listed in your survey is in direct conflict with this sites rules. The shroomery does not promote or condone drug use among minors.

OfflineVroomerMcZoomers
"This user is a dumbass"
 User Gallery

Re: Seeking participants for new online survey about psychedelic use [Re: Revok] * 1
    #25614045 - 11/14/18 10:49 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Better call the police then.

Does the shroomery want minors who have done psychedelic drugs despite it's disapproval  to not participate in surveys?

--------------------

Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.  -Noam Chomsky

InvisibleShroomspective
Looking into the void
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Far Far Away
Re: Seeking participants for new online survey about psychedelic use [Re: VroomerMcZoomers]
    #25614254 - 11/14/18 12:22 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Its an external survey:thumbup:

Dr Toby Lea, German Institute for Addiction and Prevention Research, Cologne, Germany, & Centre for Social Research in Health, UNSW Sydney, Australia

Nicole Amada, PhD Candidate in Psychology, City University of New York, USA

Dr Henrik Jungaberle, Founder and Executive Director, MIND European Foundation for Psychedelic Science, Berlin, Germany

Dr Henrike Dirks, Department of Addiction Medicine, LVR Clinic Essen, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
Professor Daniel Deimel, German Institute for Addiction and Prevention Research, Cologne, Germany

OfflineBeefSupremeJr
Detritivore
Male User Gallery

Loc: 29.9792Β° N, 31.1342Β° E Flag
Re: Seeking participants for new online survey about psychedelic use [Re: Shroomspective]
    #25614923 - 11/14/18 05:10 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

I will do. Dinner first.

InvisibleRevok
I Am OTD
 User Gallery
Re: Seeking participants for new online survey about psychedelic use [Re: VroomerMcZoomers]
    #25615031 - 11/14/18 06:11 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

The shroomery does not want underage users participating in forums for legal responsibility. If an admin or moderator can please clarify site rules regarding this ...

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Re: Seeking participants for new online survey about psychedelic use [Re: Revok]
    #25615186 - 11/14/18 07:33 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Why the fuck is this a global sticky?

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

OfflineDuggstarMDiscord
 User Gallery

Loc: Ireland
Re: Seeking participants for new online survey about psychedelic use [Re: Revok]
    #25615199 - 11/14/18 07:42 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Revok said:
The shroomery does not want underage users participating in forums for legal responsibility. If an admin or moderator can please clarify site rules regarding this ...

I'm not an admin, but if you read the Shroomery Legal Disclaimer I think it's clear that they take no responsibility for the content of messages posted here or the content of external websites. If you have a problem with this external website, I think you should take it up with them. But tbh, I'm sure they're not doing anything illegal, and I've taken the questionnaire, and they're not promoting illegal drug use to anyone.

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Seeking participants for new online survey about psychedelic use [Re: Duggstar] * 1
    #25615227 - 11/14/18 07:56 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

At least 16 we're at least 18. Big fucking deal lol. The admins are the only ones who can make global stickys so they already looked at it :cookiemonster:

OfflineDuggstarMDiscord
 User Gallery

Re: Seeking participants for new online survey about psychedelic use [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25615246 - 11/14/18 08:08 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

If you're gonna make a big deal about illegal content btw, the admins would have to delete about half this website! But in this case it looks totally legit an above board, imo. But again, at the end of the day, the burden of legal responsibility lies with the people who post here, not the Shroomery. Anyway, I think this is a good survey and could have positive implications for society as a whole.

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Re: Seeking participants for new online survey about psychedelic use [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25615272 - 11/14/18 08:22 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
At least 16 we're at least 18. Big fucking deal lol. The admins are the only ones who can make global stickys so they already looked at it :cookiemonster:

Probably sn admins account:lolsy:

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

InvisibleTits on a bull
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25615718 - 11/15/18 05:52 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Revok said:

Right? I get banned for "flaming statements" not even breaking the rules. What's good for the goose isn't good for the gander. Hope that wasn't too "flaming". Oh shit here comes a ban....

--------------------
Stop talking about being enlighten. Crybabies, bitches, and people worried about ratings can never reach enlightenment!  NEVER!

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: Seeking participants for new online survey about psychedelic use [Re: Tits on a bull] * 3
    #25615777 - 11/15/18 06:41 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Some of you guys never fucking learn do you.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Offlinetoby.lea
Stranger
Re: Seeking participants for new online survey about psychedelic use [Re: mndfreeze] * 3
    #25615983 - 11/15/18 09:15 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

I'm the lead investigator on this study and just wanted to post about the age issue that has been raised. The study is open to people aged 16 and above, and we have received ethical approval from the University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany to conduct the research.

I contacted the admins of shroomery to ask if it would be ok for me to post about the study, to which they agreed, and they offered to create a sticky so that more people would see the post, which is really helpful for us to get enough participants to have some meaningful findings.

That shroomery is open to people aged 18 and above doesn't change our study eligibility criteria. We are not promoting illicit drug use with our research, nor promoting drug use among people aged under 18. This is a university research study including experts in harm reduction, social science, public health and psychology, and we want to improve our understanding about people using psychedelics for therapeutic purposes, so that we can move towards better drug policy and better mental health and other health services for the wider community. The clinical research into psychedelics being conducted at the moment and in recent years is quite promising, but we also need social research to understand what people are already doing on their own terms.

Hope this helps to clarify this issue, and please take the time to participate if you'd like to and haven't already. I'll post results here when we have started analysing the data in the new year.

Toby

Edited by toby.lea (11/15/18 09:18 AM)

OfflineMushifer
Doing it
I'm a teapot

Loc: Earth, Sol
Re: Seeking participants for new online survey about psychedelic use [Re: toby.lea] * 1
    #25616045 - 11/15/18 09:55 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Some people can't help but to throw out the baby with the bath water. Just because the research criteria of an external study is not in direct compliance of these (very public) message boards, does not entail any type of violation to the boards rules. And let's be real, the existence of message boards like this probably does more in harm reduction than any "war on drugs".

The number of studies popping up in recent years is an indication that cultural perceptions of psychedelic compounds are changing. Researchers are finding positive results with their studies that could once again legitimize psychedelics for use in treatment of psychological ailments that affect millions of people. Myself being one of them.

--------------------

OfflineDuggstarMDiscord
 User Gallery

Re: Seeking participants for new online survey about psychedelic use [Re: toby.lea] * 1
    #25616183 - 11/15/18 10:51 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for clearing that up Toby. I had looked into your study and it looked legitimate and professional to me so I assumed you would have had to have met some ethical and legal standards, but it's good to have that confirmed. Obviously there are going to be some disagreements among the public about what the age should be, but you can't please everyone. Personally, I think if you're old enough to apply for a passport and such things without parental consent, then I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to participate in this survey. It is not promoting or condoning drug use in any way, and the outcome could have tremendous benefits for society. I would encourage everyone who is eligible to participate.

OfflineRalphieRamone
Illustrious Nemophilist
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Jupiter
Re: Seeking participants for new online survey about psychedelic use [Re: Duggstar]
    #25616796 - 11/15/18 04:04 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

That was an awesome, in-depth survey and I hope their research does well and makes it far and wide!

I strongly encourage you all at shroomery to take this opportunity to help the scientific community learn more about the amazing world of psychedelics and how they can help the mind!

Offlinepslyke
fantasmagoric
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Seeking participants for new online survey about psychedelic use [Re: RalphieRamone]
    #25617021 - 11/15/18 05:50 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

:threadmonitor:

--------------------
"What appears impenetrable to us does exist, manifesting itself in the deepest wisdom and the most radiant beauty" Einstein

"The conservatives of 70 years ago would be outraged at what has come to pass. It embodies everything they took up arms for to defeat"Asante

:kratom:

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male

Re: Seeking participants for new online survey about psychedelic use [Re: toby.lea]
    #25617367 - 11/15/18 08:30 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Toby, thanks for your work. I'll be taking the survey now. I'm open for more in depth psychedelic research as well.  Always up for being a lab rat for psychedelic studies.  :cool:

OfflineDubiousGrapes
Doubter

Re: Seeking participants for new online survey about psychedelic use [Re: Supernova]
    #25617598 - 11/15/18 10:46 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

There's a false dichotomy occuring in this survey. To me, psychedelic use is both therapeutic and recreational, I have no way of separating the two.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale