Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetallmonkey
Orgoknight
Male

DO i really have to do all this...
    #2560911 - 04/14/04 09:37 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Everyone says that everything should be sterile. That I understand. I can't get a syringe. Nor do I know anyone who has fresh shrooms so I can get a print. So could I just buy a bag and use some spores in there? and could I use a droplet thing what are they called OH YEAH pipets? If I boiled it or sterilized it? It would be a relief.

--------------------
The best path to lead someone down is the road to themselves.
Freedumb of expression and creativity is a birthright, but without exercise our rights as well as our body's may diminish or weaken or break.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekiss5150
The SweetestPain

Loc: Indiana
Re: DO i really have to do all this... [Re: tallmonkey]
    #2560922 - 04/14/04 09:39 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

YOU CAN BUY THEM! SEE THE SPONSORS OF THE BOARD........That will be all

Offlinetallmonkey
Orgoknight
Male

#2560948 - 04/14/04 09:45 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

fO shiz!!! ok

--------------------
The best path to lead someone down is the road to themselves.
Freedumb of expression and creativity is a birthright, but without exercise our rights as well as our body's may diminish or weaken or break.

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #2560963 - 04/14/04 09:50 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

First - A bag of street shrooms can have all sorts of contaminants hiding in the bag. There is no telling what they have gone through, who has breathed on them, or how they were grown (clean conditions). You are probably 99% guaranteed to grow bacteria instead of mushrooms.

Second - Syringes are easily obtained, as are prints. You can find pre-loaded syringes at many of the shroomery sponsors, as with prints. If you get a print then empty syringes are easily found at animal supply stores. I got a whole box for less than $15 US.

Third - If you are new, read the FAQ

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflineFallenShroom
Shagadelic

#2561000 - 04/14/04 10:00 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

but to answer your question yes it has been done before

--------------------

Invisiblesakura
Aussie Expat

Loc: Japan
    #2561161 - 04/14/04 10:45 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

It can be done, but...

It's not a job for a beginner. It involves growing out the mycelium on sterile agar and isolating a healthy strain and building up your culture from there. All this has to be done in VERY sterile conditions...

--------------------
Shrooms aren't everyone's cup of tea... (Some folks just eat 'em)

Offlinebeanchild
bean
Re: DO i really have to do all this... [Re: sakura]
    #2561578 - 04/15/04 12:32 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

get going it will teach you how to be clean and responsible or you'll fail!!! but tis rather easy if you follow the simple inexpensive pftek in the faq and order some equador or b+ spores from www.ralphstersspores.com, you'll be straight in no time!!!

OfflineChiLong
More machine elfthan man...

Loc: Twisted, moved to E-Ville
    #2567642 - 04/16/04 02:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

You know... everyone always recommends the PF Tek, and I was very disappointed with it.

It was a lot of work for a little amount of return.

On the flip side, I found bulk techniques to be just as easy and yielded incredible amounts for the same amount of work.

I mean, it's as simple as this:

Get some 1L jars (I can fit 4 in my pressure cooker) and modify the lid using tyvec or polyfill (I use polyfill) as seen in numerous teks.  Soak some popcorn for 1-2 days, boil it for an hour, load it into jars and pressure cook for 70 mins.

Innoculate with your syringe when cool and store for a week.  Give them a shake in a week and wait another.  Tada!  Colonized jars.  I did 12 jars last time and only lost two to contams this way.  I'm pretty sure my polyfill lid modification was to blame there.

Pasteurize enough straw (I get mine at Michael's craft stores... 2 mini-bales does 1 rubbermaid) to fill 5" of a rubbermaid container, mix in your spawn (the colonized popcorn), cover/wrap in plastic with small holes in it, then compress it with a cinder block or something similar.  In a few days you'll have 100% colonized straw. (BTW... my bin sits on the floor of a well-used closet that is not kept sterile in any way.  I've never had a problem with contams)

Case it with an inch of your favorite casing material.  I simply use vermiculite.  Loosely wrap the plastic over the casing and wait a couple more days.

Remove the plastic, mist to keep the humidity level up, and drop the temperature a few degrees.  Pow... pins everywhere.  Massive harvest.

Replace some of the moisture lost and let it pin again and I've managed to pull 4 flushes out of a single rubbermaid bin of straw.

*Shrug*  It's the same techniques, really... just used in a  way that yields a lot more :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation