Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMylz

Loc: Ontario (Canada)
Bulk production plan... Whadya think?
    #2557232 - 04/13/04 10:13 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

I know that you can innoculate a variety of different substances, and I know you can get good yields from them, but I've found that many kits come with high-quality materials and spores if you're willing to pay for them... So here's a little bulk production plan of mine using a couple kits mixed with some other methods... Tell me what you think...
The materials would be two large plastic containers (the ones you get from Wal-Mart), one slightly bigger. Using an aquarium heater and a grommit, you'd make an incubator. Then, following the instructions of the kit you'd boil and sterilize the substrate (in these particular kits, straw) from both kits, add the mycelium infected birdseed that come with the kits into the straw, and place them into the smaller tupperware container, then left for a couple weeks at ideal mycelium growing temperature.
After the mycelium had grown throughout, the straw would be cased with a layer of moss (comes with kits) and vermiculite (from a garden centre or something), and left for the recommended period. A 20 watt light bulb would also be custom-built into the kit for lighting once fruiting started.
Well there's my plan for some bulk shroom growing. I figure more surface area in the bin and a more easily controllable temperature would work out quite nicely. Feedback and tips on this would also be very helpful, Thanks!

--------------------
I'm an antidisestablishmentarianist, are you? :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAeolus1369
Dr. Seahorse
Male

Re: Bulk production plan... Whadya think? [Re: Mylz]
    #2557536 - 04/14/04 12:27 AM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Sounds doable, but you might want to cut your teeth on a simpler project before going straight to bulk

--Aeolus

Offlinecheech101
most likely alittle hazy

Loc: The Dark Side of the Moon
Re: Bulk production plan... Whadya think? [Re: Aeolus1369]
    #2557589 - 04/14/04 12:38 AM (20 years, 6 days ago)

you can get all of these "high-quality materials" in places other than a kit for much cheaper.

--------------------
"Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be."

Offlinenife
I'm Dead
Male
    #2557912 - 04/14/04 02:38 AM (20 years, 6 days ago)

my suggestion is to try bulk grow methods on a smaller scale. Like instead of using a whole whole large rubbermaid, make one incubation chambe and make one Gladware of dung and straw or whatever bluk substrate you deside on

--------------------
Protect Your Rights
Freedom Card

OfflineMylz

Loc: Ontario (Canada)
    #2560767 - 04/14/04 06:35 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

I've already done some smaller projects, and I think a fairly sized bulk project wouldn't be too much of a bad idea. And the reason I don't plan on doing it without the use of kits is because neither I, or anyone I know, have a pressure cooker, and I don't have the funds. I'm thinking this would make innoculating substrates a little too risky for my liking.

--------------------
I'm an antidisestablishmentarianist, are you? :wink:

OfflineFirstAvailable
enthusiast
 User Gallery

#2944390 - 07/30/04 11:39 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You might want to considder getting a 4-pack of mycobags instead of 2 kits. Im thinking of doing that also, since in my situation a PC is not practical either.

Offlinedoug_E_fresh
the shroomerysrapper

Re: Bulk production plan... Whadya think? [Re: FirstAvailable]
    #2944614 - 07/30/04 12:27 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

PC = $20-$30 at Walmart. :smile: shop around. Plus, the money u are spending on these kits will be more then enough to buy all the stuff u get with the kit, plus the pc.

--------------------

OfflinecrAckZ
Stranger
Re: Bulk production plan... Whadya think? [Re: doug_E_fresh]
    #2959524 - 08/03/04 08:48 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

also straw will generate its own heat so a friend of mine just uses blue led's. cost alittle more than just a bulb but i just hook them up to a battery and let them go. all you need is radio shack. blue lesd, wire, battery and some 470 ohm resisters. you shouldnt need more than 2 led's and you can file down some of the bulb to make it flater so the light is more evenly spread

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale