Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetxshroomer
Stranger
cattle feed
    #2560561 - 04/14/04 07:30 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I have heard rumors that some farmers use specialized cattle feed that kill the spores. Is there any truth to this?? thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThatDaltonGuy
PermanentlyFried
Loc: USA
Re: cattle feed [Re: txshroomer]
    #2560877 - 04/14/04 09:29 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

yes they put antibacterials in the cows feed so they dont shit shrooms... these work 70-80% of the time... i still find shrooms on patties where cows are fed that stuff though... its rare but it does happen...

its illegal to even have psychoactive shrooms growing on or around ur property... so ranchers usualy do this for safety reasons... also to keep people out of their fields... if people never find shrooms there, usualy they never return...

--------------------
Let me remind you that the above text is completely false and has been typed to you by an escaped mental patient and shouldn't be taken seriously unless you yourself also have a mental condition. These kind of things need to be taken into consideration by those viewing these threads.

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: cattle feed [Re: ThatDaltonGuy]
    #2561013 - 04/14/04 10:04 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

its not illegal if the shrooms grow on your property.. especially AROUND your property.. unless you planted them on your property and you picked and dried them. and what are picking in california? pan subbs?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2561015 - 04/14/04 10:05 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Farmers do not put any chemicals at all in the feed which kills spores. That is such a stupid statement. And spores are like seeds and are not a bacteria.

Most shrooms grow from shit falling on grass which has spores on the blades of vegetation in the fields. I have posted those images before many times here at the shroomery. Here is such an image.

I believe this is a Copelandia print.

Than the cow shits on the grass.

4 to 6 weeks later after the cow deifcates, you can flip over a cow-pie of decomposed manuere and find these pinner Copelandia shrooms growing underneath the manure. And you can see the pockets in the underneath of the manure.

That is why a lot of times one finds P. cubensis or Copelandia's growing around the outer edges of the manure pile.

See Copelandia in the shroomery's Ultimate field guide for a picture of shrooms growing around the outer edges.

mj

mj

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: cattle feed [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2561180 - 04/14/04 10:49 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I agree with you MJ...Im tired of hearing the myth about anti-fungal cow feeds. I have talked with many ranchers that told me that was a crap story that originated with the Dewey Compton radio show in the Houston area back in the early `70s...its a bullshit story that just grows in peoples minds...

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: cattle feed [Re: OldSpice]
    #2562534 - 04/15/04 08:21 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

It was also used in Florida int he middle 1960s when northeastern hippies flocked to Mexico and the gulfstates form Texas to Florida. Back then Mississippi was also a popular shroom picking state along with Florida.

mj.

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
    #2562822 - 04/15/04 10:54 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ThatDaltonGuy said:
yes they put antibacterials in the cows feed so they dont shit shrooms... these work 70-80% of the time... i still find shrooms on patties where cows are fed that stuff though... its rare but it does happen...

its illegal to even have psychoactive shrooms growing on or around ur property... so ranchers usualy do this for safety reasons... also to keep people out of their fields... if people never find shrooms there, usualy they never return...

You've given a good amount of bad advice on here... Calling Psathyerlla velutina Psilocybe cubensis and now this. Perhaps you should start doing some research.

Farmers do not add anything to their cattle feed that inhibits mushroom growth. There might be antibacterial stuff in food, and it's just that: anti*bacterial*. Mushrooms are fungus, they'd need and antifungal feed to stop them. Besides, adding expensive fungicides to food just to stop a few people isn't cost effective or logical, why would they do that? The government clearly isn't going to prosecute someone for having a naturally occuring species growing in its natural environment.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: cattle feed [Re: Gumby]
    #2562861 - 04/15/04 11:02 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for clarifying that Gumby Dude.

I was not aware of his misidentification of the Psathyrella shroom as P. cubensis.
Some people are just scary.

mj

OfflineThoth
Floats around...

Loc: melbourne.
    #2566628 - 04/16/04 06:00 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ThatDaltonGuy said:

hey dalton you have been giving bad info these days. :laugh: :shocked:

--------------------

Quote:

emptywisdom said:
eat 'em all. The only way to introduce yourself to Lucy :wink:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification