Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
A damn good point.
    #2560370 - 04/14/04 06:40 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

PAYING THEIR FAIR SHARE: BUSH vs. KERRY

So here we are the day before April 15th, the drop dead date to have your income tax return filed. Chances are if you've waited this long, it's probably because you owe money. Why write the check early? So with that in mind, I am sure you're just dying to know if the two candidates for president in the fall have paid theirs.

Well, President Bush filed his taxes. Of course, being president, these things are always made public. George and Laura Bush reported federal adjusted gross income of $822,126 and paid $227,490 in federal income taxes, or about 28%. Fairly straightforward, and nothing out of the ordinary. So what about sKerry's taxes? This is where it gets good.

Now, remember..the Bushes filed their taxes together. With much fanfare, the Kerry campaign released his 2003 return, and it showed $395,000 in taxable income with $90,575 in federal income taxes paid, or about 23% of his income. Senator Kerry filed all by his lonesome. Now, obviously all of the mansions that Kerry routinely inhabits around the world aren't coming his way on $395,000 a year. The big money comes from his wife, who is worth millions. But what did she pay? What about her fair share? That we don't know.

It's certainly Kerry's right to file separately, but can you imagine the howls of protest if Bush had done the same thing? People would be demanding to know what he was hiding. But once again, the Democrats get a pass.

Link

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: A damn good point. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2560389 - 04/14/04 06:44 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

It's certainly Kerry's right to file separately, but can you imagine the howls of protest if Bush had done the same thing? People would be demanding to know what he was hiding. But once again, the Democrats get a pass.

Huh?  I can't see myself getting mad about any candidate doing that.  Say, is that a new tinfoil hat you're wearing? :shiftyeyes:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2560410 - 04/14/04 06:51 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Are you stating that Bush deliberately paid more taxes than he had to? Yes or No!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: A damn good point. [Re: silversoul7]
    #2560419 - 04/14/04 06:54 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Huh? I can't see myself getting mad about any candidate doing that. Say, is that a new tinfoil hat you're wearing?

I notice lately that many of LDS's posts require imagination or hypothesizing about the what-ifs of a non-existent parallel universe. Wonder why that is...

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: A damn good point. [Re: Swami]
    #2560420 - 04/14/04 06:54 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Are you stating that Bush deliberately paid more taxes than he had to? Yes or No!

I'm pointing out a fairly safe bet on a double standard.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2560429 - 04/14/04 06:57 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Why is a Yes or No response so difficult?

I would wager that they both have tax accountants and attempt to pay the legal minimum.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2560430 - 04/14/04 06:57 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

Swami said:

Maybe you could focus on real double-standards instead of hypothetical ones.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
Re: A damn good point. [Re: silversoul7]
    #2560511 - 04/14/04 07:19 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

Swami said:

Maybe you could focus on real double-standards instead of hypothetical ones.

sounds like a good idea to me..

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion