Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
If you could trip with any one family member of yours...
    #2559848 - 04/14/04 02:52 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

who would it be?  Lets say they saw the light and decided to try psychedelics instead of condemn them just once. 

This is is a tough one for me.  I'd say my dad on mushrooms, because I think it would be a great bonding experience, but I doubt he'd enjoy it.  In fact, I highly doubt that anyone in my blood family would. 

So probably, either my father-in-law, or mother-in-law, because they're hippie's and did their fair share of drugs in their day, and know that my kitten grows and are cool with it.  Plus they're just awesome people.  :smile:

So...what substance, who in your family and why you'd want to trip with them?

*me*

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: If you could trip with any one family member of yours... [Re: MOTH]
    #2559891 - 04/14/04 02:58 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I dont think I would have a good time with any of them. But maybe it isnt suppoesed to be a fun time as more of a bonding soul healing time. But with who? My dad and I need it. But who would trip with me I would say my mom. But hell maybe I can get them both to have a lil bonding time with I.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2559913 - 04/14/04 03:03 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Either my mom or my cousin. My cousin is pretty cool, she's a year younger than me and I would like to trip with he since she's the person closest to my age in the family.

I told my mom that (fresh) mushrooms are legal in Norway now and said she could come trip with me sometime, jokingly... she didnt reply though. I would trip with her cause she's my closest family member and she is a really uptight woman I gotta say, she's like this extremely law abiding buisness woman, so a trip could probably open her mind a bit and allow her to loosen up a bit.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2559940 - 04/14/04 03:07 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

My father... actually he doesn't really have anything against psychedelics, he knows that I use them, knows my purposes in doing so, and (as a doctor, and a psychiatrist at that) knows that they aren't bad for you. But he is very into meditation and thinks that the psychedelic path of spiritual discovery is a bit of a cop-out. I've had so many arguments with him about this... oh well, one day I'll get him to give it a try!

--------------------

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: If you could trip with any one family member of yours... [Re: filthysock]
    #2559960 - 04/14/04 03:12 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I'd go for my mom or dad - I'm pretty sure both have done drugs in the past but they deny it. Except my mom did admit she used to do coke. It would be cool with my dad just because we haven't bonded too much and this would be like an ultrabonding experience. Or I would do it with my mom to loosen up her anti-drug views, she refuses to believe me that mushrooms aren't harmful! She says they lead to hard drugs.

Would probably do it with mushrooms, acid, or maybe for extra fun peyote!
I'm sure MDMA could help out the relationships too but it's kind of a hard drug and commonly has speed in it so they'd never agree to it - it just doesn't seem right doing hard drugs with your rents!

--------------------
]

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: If you could trip with any one family member of yours... [Re: Wysefool]
    #2559987 - 04/14/04 03:16 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I have to agree with your dad on the cop-out thing though - I don't really know if I believe mushrooms can help you reach enlightenment. But they sure can fool you into thinking you have!

--------------------
]

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: If you could trip with any one family member of yours... [Re: Krishna]
    #2559999 - 04/14/04 03:19 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Ypour dad sounds cool, has he ever tried psychedelics...?

--------------------

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Re: If you could trip with any one family member of yours... [Re: filthysock]
    #2560045 - 04/14/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Nope... he moved to the US from India in 1978 or so, so he missed out on the wave that my mom caught (she's from the US)... he's smoked pot twice, but both times it made him very paranoid so he hasn't done it since... also he's used speed (when he had to stay up all night to pass his medical exams :grin: )

But I think there is hope. He keeps mailing me more and more weird books. It used to be books like "A Sourcebook in Indian Philosophy" but now it's switching to "The Self-Aware Universe: How Consciousness Creates the Material World". And he told me that he saw some special on MC Escher on TV and then went out and bought a book filled with his works.

Oh yeah, and I bought him a copy of "The Psychedelic Experience" by Leary, et al - the book that is based on the Tibetan Book of the Dead. He read it through, said it had some very valid points, but still says that simply because the spiritual tool comes from the material world, it causes you to continue clinging to this material world, and thus never truly progress spiritually.

One of these, dad, a fun guy is coming for ya! :grin:

--------------------

Edited by Krishna (04/14/04 03:33 PM)

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Re: If you could trip with any one family member of yours... [Re: Wysefool]
    #2560066 - 04/14/04 03:31 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

BlackZombie said:
I have to agree with your dad on the cop-out thing though - I don't really know if I believe mushrooms can help you reach enlightenment. But they sure can fool you into thinking you have!

Not reach enlightenment, of course... but if the spiritual quest is like climbing up a mountain - a mountain so enormous that you cannot even see the top, then I liken the psychedelic experience to teleporting to the top of the mountain for 6 hours, seeing it in all its wonder and glory. If you fall into the trap of "instant enlightenment" and continually try to stay at this top through "external" means, it'll get you nowhere. But if you use this as a reminder that the top is there, if you use it as inspiration for meditation, yoga, dance, or whatever - then I believe that it can serve a wonderful purpose...

OK enough of the thread jacking! Sorry guys :rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: If you could trip with any one family member of yours... [Re: Krishna]
    #2560188 - 04/14/04 03:53 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I just have to say I believe mushrooms can enlighten you, mostly for those 6 hous, but when you come down again you are left with an experience that leads you to furthur see things from a new perspective, so it does enlighten you to some degree... and it can point you in the direction of enlightenment.

--------------------

Offlinepsyborg
psy addict.

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
    #2560325 - 04/14/04 04:29 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Without thinking it would be shrooms, the person would be my sister, and the reason would be so she can see how the world really is. She needs to explore more things before she gets older, married etc etc etc.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order