Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAndyHinton

Re: Amanita Muscaria Grape TEK (Muscimol Mulled Wine) [Re: crowseed]
    #24023532 - 01/19/17 05:32 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Out of curiosity, why are you fermenting it aerobically? Muscimol apple wine sounds more appealing than muscimol ACV to me.

Have you ever tried sterilizing the wash before pitching the yeast? I'd like to ferment reishi tea with portobello mycelium (certain mushroom species can turn sugar into alcohol).

The article that inspired me used grape juice processed for 30 min at 15 psi. But caramelized sugars are a concern.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecrowseed
90% mushroom

Loc: rising from the earth
Re: Amanita Muscaria Grape TEK (Muscimol Mulled Wine) [Re: AndyHinton]
    #24024682 - 01/20/17 02:49 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Hi. The reason I'm fermenting aerobically is that I was looking for something to replace fly agaric tincture, which I take throughout the day, so I didn't have to buy vodka. And originally just as an experiment.

I may well brew some as fly and apple cider next year though - sounds like a drink of choice for a pixie! I did drink some as cider when moving it from the fruit tub into demijohns. It doesn't taste so great at that point and does benefit from a few months getting vinegarised. And it has more of a kick once it's vinegar. I don't know if it's the fly affecting the friendly bacteria and yeast in the apple cider vinegar, giving them a little mushroom boost, which they in turn give to you.

Edit: No I haven't  tried sterilising the mash. Maybe I'll give that a go next season cheers.

Edit: Rather than sterilising I add "probiotics" (a few spoonfuls of mature apple cider vinegar with the friendly bacteria and yeast in) and shake it up with the fly agaric square centimetre pieces, before adding the apple pieces and water. I haven't had any of these contaminate on me yet (touch wood).

Edited by crowseed (01/21/17 03:07 AM)

OfflineWhiteshade
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24849276 - 12/16/17 06:13 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Hi, I'm new to this and this is my first comment. I don't know how to put up a comment without having to 'reply' or 'quote'but I just wanted abit of advice on muscaria. I soaked an oz in water and everclear for 2 days and then simmered the litre down to a a thick syrup, I didn't like the water separating so I evaporated it further to a goo.
After reading some more recent information I have found out that an acid extraction would have been more appropriate so I don't know if the heat alone would have converted that baddies or have I heated it too much? I don't wanna try it if it's not gonna do anything coz it tastes rank!

InvisibleLizardWizard
GnomeGrower
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the parking lot
Re: Amanita Muscaria Grape TEK (Muscimol Mulled Wine) [Re: Whiteshade]
    #24853311 - 12/18/17 09:13 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I wanna read the opening post, but now is not the time..

Parking it in my post list...

--------------------
The best things in life
can be smelled on one's fingers.

OfflineDirty hippie 5000
One who suffers
Male

Loc: Your butt.
Re: Amanita Muscaria Grape TEK (Muscimol Mulled Wine) [Re: Whiteshade]
    #25465679 - 09/16/18 08:47 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I've actually been doing something similar, I have been messing with amanita extractions by use of solvent, and ive pulled about 10 grams amanitmuscaria with isopropanol and have evapped to a much smaller much more concentrated amount. And I havent had time to work on it, ergo it's been in the freezer as to not forment or decay, and these yellowish white puffy needles coat the bottom of the jar. It's the wierdest thing and as far I'm aware there aren't very many muscimol extractions let alone amanita muscaria teks out there. Besides Jonathon Ott and if we knew that we'd all be as rich as him.
Forgot to mention that it has been filtered to perfection. So I'm puzzled.

--------------------
Eat what the earth provides, and you shall see what surrounds the earth, though be prepared to not return the same.

Edited by Dirty hippie 5000 (09/16/18 08:49 PM)

InvisiblePsyduckMonkey
witch
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria Grape TEK (Muscimol Mulled Wine) [Re: Lennybernadino]
    #25577961 - 10/30/18 05:07 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

So... about Teeter, Ambrosia and fleece...

First off, I need to get this off my chest, Teeter sounds like a complete raving nutcase. However, insane people sometimes stumble onto something interesting.

I have no idea what the explanation could be behind the "resurrection". I've seen a comment somewhere on the forums that mycologists ran Teeter's experiment, and the "fleece" was proven to be a mucor fungus. Of course the source wasn't cited... So it's about as reliable a claim as that of Teeter (or less, at least Teeter had videos).

Vegetative mycelium growing on a sugar solution is nothing to be surprised at. What does surprise me is that we're usually adept enough with sterile technique to do agar work and isolate strains, and yet all attempts I read about try to replicate Teeter's bronze age "tek" exactly, resulting in either failure, or a success without much learned.

I propose an experiment, which I want to do when I stumble upon a Muscaria in the wild:

Attempt to clone fresh stem tissue onto PDA.
Upon success, attempt to make a dextrose based liquid culture from the isolated mycelium on agar.

Dry the rest of the mushrooms, and later attempt Teeter's bronze age revival stuff.
Upon success, take a sample from the "fleece" to culture on PDA.

Then, compare the two. If we could just clone living Muscaria, and culture vegetative mycelium like that, that should eliminate the reliability problems with Teeter's "tek". Plus we could be relatively sure that it's actually Muscaria mycelium...

--------------------
Do you believe in the Third Summer of Love?

InvisibleLizardWizard
GnomeGrower
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the parking lot
Re: Amanita Muscaria Grape TEK (Muscimol Mulled Wine) [Re: PsyduckMonkey]
    #25578232 - 10/30/18 09:14 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Teeter is a nutjob and you're better off spending your time and energy just looking for amanita muscaria's and sauteing small pieces in butter for a nice buzz.

--------------------
The best things in life
can be smelled on one's fingers.

InvisiblePsyduckMonkey
witch
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria Grape TEK (Muscimol Mulled Wine) [Re: LizardWizard]
    #25580674 - 10/31/18 04:34 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Well I'm a grower and explorer at heart, so seeing Muscaria mycelium growing on my agar plates (or verifying that it doesn't work) would be its own reward. But yea, I agree with you on the practicalities. :wink:

I'll write a log when I get around to trying it.

--------------------

Offlinecrowseed
90% mushroom

#25583352 - 11/01/18 04:46 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PsyduckMonkey said:
Well I'm a grower and explorer at heart, so seeing Muscaria mycelium growing on my agar plates (or verifying that it doesn't work) would be its own reward. But yea, I agree with you on the practicalities. :wink:

I'll write a log when I get around to trying it.

I've been growing fly agaric mycelium the last year. On agar, sterilised grains, fermented grains, cardboard. Once it's clean it grows well. Haven't been doing much but keeping it alive and transferring it.

InvisiblePsyduckMonkey
witch
 User Gallery

#25586365 - 11/02/18 09:23 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Cool! Have you ever tried making an LC and bioassaying it? :wink:

--------------------

Offlinecrowseed
90% mushroom

#25586601 - 11/02/18 11:24 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PsyduckMonkey said:
Cool! Have you ever tried making an LC and bioassaying it? :wink:

I haven't but now you've put the idea in my head I will! Have been looking for a reason to try Josex's poke.

I do have some interest in the ancient ways that fly agaric may have been used. Have been wondering if maybe that's what the (early Bronze Age) Beaker people had in their beakers. Perhaps fermenting fly agaric with kefir in milk (they were a pastoral people). I've tried some initial experimental archaeology, with interesting results, but need to do more.

Offlineollienebula
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25610949 - 11/13/18 12:28 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Anyone know about doing this with Amanita Persicina? Seem closely related to Muscaria.

OfflineSavantfou
Stranger

grams [Re: Jiemba]
    #25831715 - 02/23/19 08:45 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Hey,I couldn't see any dose mentionned from shroomerites, I planning on trying a 20g first dose from a new batch, i'll report soon.
if any of you have any suggestion (too high or too low) please tell me but i am looking for ze entheogenic effect not the light stimulation.

From what I read yet the therapeutic interval is not that narrow and i'm 100kg. I know yall aint physicians btw

Might do a 5g test before hand just to know how it might affect me

I'll keep u updated

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Amanita Muscaria Grape TEK (Muscimol Mulled Wine) (moved) [Re: Jiemba] * 1
    #25832139 - 02/23/19 11:48 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

This thread was moved from Advanced Mycology.

Reason:
Wrong location

OfflineSavantfou
Stranger

Re: Amanita Muscaria Grape TEK (Muscimol Mulled Wine) (moved) [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25841862 - 02/27/19 04:58 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

So I went ahead and soaked 30gs of amanita muscaria in a 7% alcohol apple cider for 2 days in the fridge. I got 250 mL left after filtering the solids and I just sampled a 40 mL (= 5 g) of it to test the effects a couple minutes ago. I fasted for 24 hours beforehand. let's see how this goes!

I am not convinced by the mushroom appearence, it had some black spots but it all went into the mixture, no waste :crazy2:

I feel very stimulated and in a strange headspace, quite nice to listen to some music and work at the computer. Nothing spiritual at this dosage but promising for the next run. Intense dreams the night after though.

REPORT 2
I decided to take 160 mL in 3 doses 2 hours appart. Was intense and cannabis helped a lot to diminish any nausea. I could fall asleep anytime and my homies had to wake me the fuck up hahaha, I felt kinda sleepy drunk and I would be very passive with brief moments of energy, no hallucinations wathsoever only slight dissociation nothing alike dextrometorphane per se. :tongue2:

Edited by Savantfou (03/05/19 12:03 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract