Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleButtFace
Just a FYI, Mushrooms.com aka T.H.E. keeps your personal info in a database *DELETED*
    #25582118 - 10/31/18 03:36 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by TieACable2aTree

Reason for deletion: hi

Edited by ButtFace (10/31/18 03:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezacho559
Cookie Monster
Male User Gallery

Re: Just a FYI, Mushrooms.com aka T.H.E. keeps your personal info in a database [Re: ButtFace]
    #25582269 - 10/31/18 04:39 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Just wanted to state that all or close to all websites keeps an ip address log this is totally normal. I can also about garantee you that the shroomery does also. I do work here and there and have worked with the owner of the shroomery to keep this site secure and look for bugs here and there sometimes. I have pretty in deph knoledge of how web servers work and can tell that your ip address has been logged by just about every website you visit tbis is very normal. Even big compainies like google does it. Its called a "digital footprint". Lol they disclosed that they were keeping logs. Thats funny basically every web server now adays on the web has that function being used. When it comes to the email thing you were talking about that is different. Its okay as long as a web site or web server isnt sharing or disclosing this information. If a site has your email and you dont know how they got it then i would be suspicious as that site could be getting your info from another place and saving it. Which is personal information disclosure. Which is not right.

--------------------
Think for yourself, question authority.

InvisibleButtFace
Re: Just a FYI, Mushrooms.com aka T.H.E. keeps your personal info in a database *DELETED* [Re: zacho559]
    #25582304 - 10/31/18 04:53 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by ButtFace (10/31/18 05:01 PM)

InvisibleButtFace
Re: Just a FYI, Mushrooms.com aka T.H.E. keeps your personal info in a database *DELETED* [Re: ButtFace]
    #25583787 - 11/01/18 10:09 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Just a FYI, Mushrooms.com aka T.H.E. keeps your personal info in a database [Re: ButtFace]
    #25593143 - 11/05/18 05:27 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Businesses have to keep logs lol. They pay taxes etc...

InvisibleButtFace
Re: Just a FYI, Mushrooms.com aka T.H.E. keeps your personal info in a database *DELETED* [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25595443 - 11/06/18 07:27 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
    #25595559 - 11/06/18 08:25 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Yea, duh.
Also spores are legal and the business they operate is legal so who cares lol.

I believe those sales records have to be kept by any licensed business for 3+ years.

InvisibleButtFace
Re: Just a FYI, Mushrooms.com aka T.H.E. keeps your personal info in a database *DELETED* [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25595891 - 11/06/18 11:01 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#25603180 - 11/09/18 01:33 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

In Canada all customer info has to be kept for 7 years by anyone conducting taxable sales. If they have to be kept in the USA as well (which sounds like bodhi is saying that) then you can expect any reputable law abiding spore vendor to be doing the same.

I'd be willing to bet that all major shroomery vendors are following the law and likely need this information to be accessible for many years after your purchase for tax audit purposes.

Like stated above though...who cares? Spores are legal :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleButtFace
Re: Just a FYI, Mushrooms.com aka T.H.E. keeps your personal info in a database *DELETED* [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #25603907 - 11/09/18 07:35 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

#25611413 - 11/13/18 08:42 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

:tinfoil:

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

InvisibleSunnyDayze
Finder of shrubberies
Female User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Just a FYI, Mushrooms.com aka T.H.E. keeps your personal info in a database [Re: sh4d0ws] * 1
    #25631040 - 11/21/18 08:21 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

sh4d0ws said:
In Canada all customer info has to be kept for 7 years by anyone conducting taxable sales. If they have to be kept in the USA as well (which sounds like bodhi is saying that) then you can expect any reputable law abiding spore vendor to be doing the same.

I'd be willing to bet that all major shroomery vendors are following the law and likely need this information to be accessible for many years after your purchase for tax audit purposes.

Like stated above though...who cares? Spores are legal :shrug:

Records of sales need to be kept, not customer info.  If I walk into a Walmart and pay cash for a DVD, which is taxed, they don’t ask for my name and info.

I get what the OP is saying, it is good to know that your information is being kept on file.  Some people may not be comfortable with that so then they have the choice to order or not.

--------------------

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Just a FYI, Mushrooms.com aka T.H.E. keeps your personal info in a database [Re: SunnyDayze]
    #25632389 - 11/22/18 12:09 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

I guess all online sales is better way to put it. You are correct it that brick and mortar shops don't do this.

Far as I know though If you're shipping canada-wide you need the address it was shipped to for tax records to know the GST and PST or HST that is to be paid. Maybe I am wrong on this too?

--------------------

InvisibleSunnyDayze
Finder of shrubberies
Female User Gallery

Re: Just a FYI, Mushrooms.com aka T.H.E. keeps your personal info in a database [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #25632925 - 11/22/18 05:00 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

No, just the receipt or invoice.  It is up to Canadian customs and immigration to charge taxes and duty if they catch it.  Some things we get will get charged and others just go on through.
I have to deal with customs once in a while.
Maybe in the USA they would have to keep the address, I’m not sure.

--------------------

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Just a FYI, Mushrooms.com aka T.H.E. keeps your personal info in a database [Re: ButtFace] * 1
    #25634195 - 11/23/18 10:46 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Hello Guys,
I spend an extra $3120 a year on web site security to protect your guys personal information. I don't know many small business who do that, or other vendors for that matter. This is listed in my FAQ. https://www.mushrooms.com/faq-frequently-asked-questions

TieACable2aTree: I remember your order and looking up your email from an older order so I could send you the tracking #. And as I recall I could not read your writing so I had to look and see if there was a previous order. I would have had no way to send that order if there was not a previous order. This is where that database comes in a real handy as well as the people who try and scam me for free spores.

I also know a spore vendor who went through an intense audit with the IRS and the IRS did NOT ask for customer information. They are after money, not names of customers ordering legal mushroom spores.

Also as noted in my FAQ, you are welcome to email me after you receive your order and I will delete your name and address from the order.
IF you want to send a completely anon cash order, then include in your order that you DON'T want a tracking number. We will simply throw a stamp on it and drop in the mail. But please don't email asking when it will ship out, what is your tracking #, if we received it. Because I won't have a record of it to answer those questions.

In my 20 years in this industry, none of my customers have ever been harassed by police for ordering spores. Remember spores are legal so don't over think it. :smile:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS :smile:

Here is the info from my FAQ:

Is mushrooms.com secure?

Yes. We have put in extra security features in to Mushrooms.com to ensure your information is encrypted and private.

Our admin uses a 2 step verification process so nobody can hack our password.  And it’s device dependent so anyone accessing our admin has to be on our local computer. This is critical as it keeps all the customers data safe.
We have installed professional security scripts to prevent hackers from injecting malicious code in to mushrooms.com.
Mushrooms.com is NOT on a cheap shared IP hosting plan with other web sites as we have our own server hosted by a highly reviewed and respected company that monitors the servers 24/7 for hackers. We also pay a professional security firm to harden our server and make it more secure and monitor it. Having a web site on cheap shared IP plan is one way hackers inject malicious code at the server level. We learned our lesson the hard way about this once at our previous web site. Never again.
We use an SSL encryption for all the data that is sent between our order form, your bank and our gateway service. It's extremely rare you ever hear of SSL's getting hacked. You can always see a web site SSL is working by looking in the URL bar for a pad lock symbol or the URL address. Also the URL will be httpS instead of http.
You're credit card information is not stored on our server, it is only transmitted to our gateway service Auhorize.net which is a well know and respected card processing gateway service.
We have taken a lot of measures to secure your data and credit card transactions, and we are always looking for new innovation in security to add to Mushrooms.com

and from my Privacy Policy:

PRIVACY POLICY
We do not give or sell your personal data to anyone. We hate spam and find it annoying and a big waste of time.

We do not store your credit card information on our servers. It’s all transmitted to the banks through encrypted SSL.

As you may have noticed there is no 3rd party advertisements on this web site. Our customers privacy has always been a priority around here. We have added in extra security features to prevent our admin from being hacked.

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

InvisibleSunnyDayze
Finder of shrubberies
Female User Gallery

Re: Just a FYI, Mushrooms.com aka T.H.E. keeps your personal info in a database [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #25634398 - 11/23/18 12:24 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  I like doing business with you and will continue to do so :cheers:

--------------------

InvisibleButtFace
Re: Just a FYI, Mushrooms.com aka T.H.E. keeps your personal info in a database *DELETED* [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #25636746 - 11/24/18 04:45 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by ButtFace (11/24/18 04:51 PM)

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#25684764 - 12/17/18 09:13 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TieACable2aTree said:
Quote:

Ryche Hawk said:

TieACable2aTree: I remember your order and looking up your email from an older order so I could send you the tracking #. And as I recall I could not read your writing so I had to look and see if there was a previous order. I would have had no way to send that order if there was not a previous order. This is where that database comes in a real handy as well as the people who try and scam me for free spores.

The order was not written, it was typed in a word processor and then printed out. This order did not use your order form on your website either. It was typed out and mailed in.

You are bullshitting to save face or you have another order confused with the one that I referenced.

LOL... seriously? I've dealt with a lot of bad handwriting orders, I do what I can to figure out the puzzle.

Happy Holidays

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

InvisibleButtFace
Re: Just a FYI, Mushrooms.com aka T.H.E. keeps your personal info in a database *DELETED* [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #25873427 - 03/14/19 08:57 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineDnDRnD
Hobby cultivator

Loc: Washington Flag
    #25873467 - 03/14/19 09:23 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I honestly dont mind that ryche keeps our info its a legal thing and buying spores is also legal, ive traded with him before and he is a good guy, I doubt that he is doing anything wrong with the information

--------------------
Bods Easy AF Oat Prep Tek
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24126032

Pastywhytes No Pour Agar Tek (PastyPlates)
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/19208976

Shaperdreamings Shoebox Assembly Tek
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26009662

Down with the bourgeoisie and up with the proletariat

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals