Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
What to do? Got evicted
    #2557202 - 04/13/04 10:03 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

So my boyfriend and I and my boyfriend's friend moved into our house about 2 months ago. Then about three weeks ago we had a leak from our bathroom that was causing it to rain in our kitchen. After the plumber came, the landlord wanted to come around to inspect to see if there was any water damage. He didn't give us a time and just turned up. So anyway, I have a cat that I brought here without telling the real estate. When the landlord turned up, the cat was walking towards the front door in full sight. Then a few days later we got an eviction notice for having the cat. We told them we were just minding it but they said we still had to go.
So now we have to find another house. Should we be up front about having a cat? We have a good reference from our previous house where the cat lived with us and the landlord knew about it. Or should we say we don't have a cat and ask if we can have it after moving in. Has anyone here been able to convince a landlord at the outset they should be allowed to have their pet?

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: What to do? Got evicted [Re: enotake2]
    #2557223 - 04/13/04 10:10 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

If you broke your lease then you might just be kinda fucked...sorry

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Re: What to do? Got evicted [Re: OldSpice]
    #2557242 - 04/13/04 10:16 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

What do you mean? Because the next real estate will find out and not want to lease to us?

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: What to do? Got evicted [Re: OldSpice]
    #2557246 - 04/13/04 10:17 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

damn that sucks :frown:

hope everything works out

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
    #2557247 - 04/13/04 10:17 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

If you're serious about having a pet you should find somebody who will allow it on the lease. Some will accept an extra deposit if you want to have pets... others won't. I keep fish, and I haven't found a landlord yet who doesn't mind aquariums. 'Course my fish don't pee on the carpet or leave scales around the house!

Edited by Gr8fulJ420 (04/13/04 10:22 PM)

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1
    #2557248 - 04/13/04 10:17 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I'm sorry to say, but I think PawPaw's right... :frown:
I convinced my current landlady to allow me to have a cat, even though she specified "No Pets". But, I had to pay $125 extra damage deposit, and then it was only because it was a cat.

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
    #2557251 - 04/13/04 10:18 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I would be honest that you have a cat. You rent? That does make it a little harder. A lot of apartment complexes will let you have one cat if you already have one though. Its not as bad as a dog cause they dont bark. I would be honest next time though. Sorry about getting kicked out, they're in the rite legally, even though it sucks.

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #2557263 - 04/13/04 10:21 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

enotake2 said:
What do you mean? Because the next real estate will find out and not want to lease to us?

A quick finance understanding... if you violate the lease they can still hold you to the remainder of the rent on the lease period.. alot will also keep the deposits you paid by using a 'violation' clause... talk with them and see if you can fix whats been done

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
    #2557278 - 04/13/04 10:29 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Naah they cant hurt you on your next lease but ya better try an smooth things out the best you can with your current landlord...
Crying wont hurt but ya gotta realise that pets shit n fuck a place up if not properly trained/supervised so if the landlord has been fucked by someone in the past then you cant blame him if he boots ya cause you broke the lease by having a pet...

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

#2557323 - 04/13/04 10:50 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I don't really blame them - I mean I can see their point of view. My cat is cleaner than most people but I tried to negotiate with them and they said no go. That is a great idea about paying some extra bond, Toiletduk. Thanks.

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

#2557397 - 04/13/04 11:11 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I'm glad I was of some help in this, your (no doubt) trying time. :laugh:
If it makes you feel any better, I've found landlords more amenable to cats, because they're generally cleaner/less destructive than dogs.

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Re: What to do? Got evicted [Re: Le_Canard]
    #2557433 - 04/13/04 11:40 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

OK. How did you cnvince them to let you have your cat? Did it take long to find a place?

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

#2557455 - 04/13/04 11:52 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well, you have to realise that this is a small town, and it didn't hurt that my step-dad had met my landlady before, but it took about an hour.... uhm...also, there's an actual overage of apartments/housing here as well. I've no idea what to suggest to you in your town. Sorry...:(

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2557468 - 04/14/04 12:00 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

hmm..I feel your pain.  My husband and I own three cats and the apartment landlords do NOT know about them.  Why?  Because we would have to pay a deposit of $300 PER CAT just to have them with us if we had done it the legal way. 

But in our case, it has paid off to be dishonest.  Despite the fact that we were warned severely against having animals that the apartment people don't know about, nobody seems to care.  Our neighbors have dogs that they haven't paid the deposit for, and the mechanics and repairmen love our cats.  We've been living at this place for over two years, the apartment people have seen our kitties, but nobody has said anything or asked for a deposit. 

I love my kitties, but $900 dollars total just to have 3 housecats cats live with me is ridiculous, so we lied about it and got away with it.  I can't say that your attempt would be as successful, but really, do what's best for your animals.  Seeing as how you need a home ASAP, maybe you better not risk lying and being found out again.  :frown:

Good luck

*me*

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Re: What to do? Got evicted [Re: Le_Canard]
    #2557471 - 04/14/04 12:02 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Ya we have an overage here too which may make it easier.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom