Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: GratefulJim [Re: iloveraving]
    #2557092 - 04/13/04 09:31 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I got you all beat. :grin:
I saw well above 300 shows. Closer to 400 including the Jerry Band.
Of couse I never got to see any shows in the 70's like that lucky bastard Ripple. :grin: :grin:
My shows were all 80's-95 :gd_icon:

I also think its cool at the younger generation of heads. The music will live forever.

God what I wouldn't give for one more night with Jerry. :heart:

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: GratefulJim [Re: Ripple]
    #2557100 - 04/13/04 09:34 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Ive got probably close to 400 with phil and friends and ratdog. Its just I spent a long time collecting the dead that I do have. its easier for me to find phil stuff than some of the old dead shows.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Re: GratefulJim [Re: Jim]
    #2557104 - 04/13/04 09:36 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Thank god for tapers!!!!!

I hear that. My favorite years are 68-78. If it wasn't for bootlegs I would have never got to hear those prime years. They were so fucking hot during that time.
I love getting new shows from that period. I send my wife and kids shopping and then get the house to myself. Go into the den and turn the lights off and crank it all the way up and i'm gone. :gd_icon:

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: GratefulJim [Re: chinacat72]
    #2557118 - 04/13/04 09:40 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

>God what I wouldn't give for one more night with Jerry. 

:heart: yeah, I miss him so much! We have to consider ourselves so very lucky to have been granted the grace to be within his radiance :gd_icon:

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

#2557154 - 04/13/04 09:49 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Very true my brother.
Sometimes I feel guilty. Like I took it for granted.
Hell I thought I would end up listning to Jerry for the rest of my days.
I thought I'd either die of old age at a show or the sky would open up during Terrapin and God would come in and say "game over, life is done on this planet please follow me in single file, band first". :nut:

9 years later and I still miss him everyday. Nothin left to do but take all that energy he channeled and spread it around. :gd_icon:

Damn man out of all the places and times to be born and live during evolution and we got to share it with Jerry. :grin:

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2557166 - 04/13/04 09:51 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

yes we were lucky, some people think it's bragging but I just feel so blessed I have to spread it :cool:

--------------------

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

#2557194 - 04/13/04 10:00 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

People who brag really didn't get the point. It wasn't an accomplishment. It was a gift and a blessing. It always had that sacred feel to it. You know like we were being allowed to be part of something very special.

The cool thing is that it continues to live. It's neat cause there's a few students in my intro to psychology class that come in and are sporting GD shirts.
It's funny during lecture when I am trying to explain something and use a example of the Dead. They came up after class and said "you saw the GD thats so cool". These kids are only 19 years old and the enthusiasm they have for the music is just as strong as I had at that age.

There's going to be deadheads till the end of time. :gd_icon:

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
    #2557272 - 04/13/04 10:25 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

chinacat72 said:It's funny during lecture when I am trying to explain something and use a example of the Dead. They came up after class and said "you saw the GD thats so cool". These kids are only 19 years old and the enthusiasm they have for the music is just as strong as I had at that age.

There's going to be deadheads till the end of time. :gd_icon:

So were you like "i've seen a few shows" or where you like "ohhh dude, I toured coast to coast for 15 years, living in my van..."

Cause if it was the second one, I guarantee they think you're the coolest teacher ever  :lol:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
    #2557281 - 04/13/04 10:30 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Or a braggard..fine line there

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

#2557311 - 04/13/04 10:45 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I'm pretty open with them, at least as much as I can be. It's hard though becuase they want to know about drugs and they know i'm interested in psychedelic research, but I have to watch what I say. I can't really encourage them to use LSD. I usually just try to keep the topic on the music. Besides it's only a few. Most of the kids like music I never heard of.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#2557336 - 04/13/04 10:54 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Its all about the music, not the drugs. I was a deadhead before I ever smoked pot or tripped or whatever. And now I really dont do anything, not even drink. I shroom when the weather is nice, sun on my back, and I have all day to walk in the woods. that is my personal peace.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Re: GratefulJim [Re: OldSpice]
    #2557350 - 04/13/04 10:57 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Alounacara said:
Or a braggard..fine line there

Nothing really to brag about. Living on the road with the Dead back then was pretty damn easy. It's not like becoming a Navy Seal or something.

Life was so simple. Get up in the morning, get high and head to the next city. Get there and see the friends you just saw in the last city, get high, make a little money to live, get high, go listen to some magical live music and re-unite with the love. Get a hotel and mabye a little sleep. Then do it all again the next day in the next town.
At least it was that way in the begining. It got more complicated later thanks to the DEA.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

#2557370 - 04/13/04 11:03 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

The nice thing about the Dead is there like drugs in that their music can alter your conciousness. I don't do much of anything that often anymore. All I need to do is put in some Dead on the way to campus or at home and it puts me in a better mood then a joint. If I listen to them for a couple hours I feel as I've been dosed.

When I do get high on psychedelics I always listen to them and it's perfect. :gd_icon:

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
    #2557831 - 04/14/04 01:50 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

GratefulJim... I'm in your same boat... about your same age, got into the Dead about the same time. Never got to see the Dead with Jerry and that is just a small regret I'll always have.... just born a few years too late. None of my friends in school were really into the Dead at all. Most of them thought I was pretty weird... I'd get on AOL and Compuserver before the net was "in" and find cool heads with tapes and find people who didn't mind hooking up a newb. Freaked out my parents by telling them that I was gonna be mailing blank tapes to <gasp> deadheads! and giving them our home address so they could mail them back to me!! :-) I never really got into tapes too much... not too later did CDRs start to become feasible for the common man. Now thanks to the internet I can download all the shows I could ever want. And there's all sorts of cool people online to make recommandations for the killer shows.

ChinaCat's right... there will always be new kids picking up onthe music and digging it.

I love the pub... it's such a friendly place with all the deadheads!

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: GratefulJim [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #2558007 - 04/14/04 04:15 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I'm another of the young generation... I was only 11 :whoa: when Jerry died... got into the Dead some 2 years back, and haven't looked back. Unfortunately I moved to Norway 2 years back as well, so haven't been able to see much of them... Caught the Dead at bonnaroo last summer whilst I was home, and also at Evanston... But my good friends roomate was a big time dead head, did a lot of touring in the 90s, slangin' Bell's beer and making his way around, so I copied a whole lotta shows from him before I ventured over the ocean...

What I wouldn't give to see the Dead with Jerry... but I see that all the time in my dreams, so it's a-ok with me :gd_icon:

And to all the old-timers, I'm doing my best to keep the flame alive. Since moving to Norway I've turned one guy from Finland into a head as well, and my roomate who is from Denmark has started getting into them (well what do you expect when that is all that is ever playing in the room!) Now at least I have someone to talk "shop" with...

:gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon:

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: GratefulJim [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #2558209 - 04/14/04 08:00 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Welcome to the Pub! :gd_icon:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag