Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDown42
Stranger
Some pins growing, loads of knotting. Does the unevenness matter?
    #25565472 - 10/25/18 07:32 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I finally started getting some pins on my first ever shoeboxes. Not many though, and they're already getting to be big (well, some half an inch). Got about 5 or 6 per box.

Wake up this morning, and overnight I've got a shiiiiit ton of knots. Loads.

So, is it normal to have pins develop on an uneven timescale, as opposed to develop very closely synced with one another? I've been fanning and misting twice per day since the first pins started forming.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleComebackKid
Multispore Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: ked in the trunk of a car
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Some pins growing, loads of knotting. Does the unevenness matter? [Re: Down42]
    #25565639 - 10/25/18 09:26 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Yup happens all the time with multispore.
When you start working with clones you'll notice more uniform growth.

The pics in my signature are multispore grows. You'll see in the center pic the shrooms in the center are almost mature while most of the other shrooms to the sides are still far behind.
The canopy pic on the right was only achieved because I let half the shrooms on the far side sporulate everywhere while the other half caught up. Beauty is pain :lol:

--------------------
:amanita2: Substrate surface conditions / Monotub prep and care :sporedrop:

Look around you... Everything you see exists inside the mind.
Consciousness, the awareness that is experiencing this mind,
is peering in from outside the universe.

Our individual experiences are all part of the universe's experience of itself

OfflineDown42
Stranger
Re: Some pins growing, loads of knotting. Does the unevenness matter? [Re: ComebackKid]
    #25565694 - 10/25/18 10:05 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Interesting. My spores were from a sponsor, and listed as random. I didn’t care what strain I got, but nothing in the listing suggested it could be multispore, as opposed to just a single strain picked at random.

I guess I’ll keep an eye out and just see if different looking pins come up at different timeframes.

Edited by Down42 (10/25/18 10:06 AM)

OfflineTuxedoCat
Stranger

Re: Some pins growing, loads of knotting. Does the unevenness matter? [Re: Down42]
    #25565713 - 10/25/18 10:13 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Lol, if your using spores its considered multi spore. Because there are thousands to millions of spores in the syringe/print, so when you inoculate there are typically hundreds if not thousands of pairings of these spores that create hundreds if not thousands of strains growing simultaneously. Which causes some random growth behavior in your grow. Also, there are methods to reduce the number of strains growing together which can be beneficial as the strains wont be competing as much as i understand it. Research these keywords: strain, monoculture, sectoring. This may help your understanding.

Edited by TuxedoCat (10/25/18 10:19 AM)

OfflineDown42
Stranger
Re: Some pins growing, loads of knotting. Does the unevenness matter? [Re: TuxedoCat]
    #25565828 - 10/25/18 11:02 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks, I wasn’t familiar with the term multispore. I’ve already decided to learn agar and use that for my next grow attempt, and this is yet another reason.

InvisibleComebackKid
Multispore Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: ked in the trunk of a car
Trusted Cultivator
    #25565964 - 10/25/18 12:03 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Actually multispore just means germinated and grown from spores. Whether the spores were germinated on agar or grains.
Basically anything that's not a clone or monoculture is considered a multispore grow.
All of my multispore grows were germinated and cleaned/transferred on agar first

--------------------
:amanita2: Substrate surface conditions / Monotub prep and care :sporedrop:

Look around you... Everything you see exists inside the mind.
Consciousness, the awareness that is experiencing this mind,
is peering in from outside the universe.

Our individual experiences are all part of the universe's experience of itself

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation