Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMollyDolly
Queen Rabbit

Loc: N.C., USA
Sanity & order make no sense to me
    #2554476 - 04/13/04 12:45 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Why does everything have to be put into order? how come when people think differently than others they are called "insane"? It makes no sense to me.
It seems like most people all have thier own reality tunnels that they attatch themselves onto with thier egos and emotions, and if your way of thinking doesnt coincide with thiers, they get all wierd and defensive as if you're freaking them out by possibly making them see things in a new way that they arent used to.
Ive never been like that....my brain is like this everchanging spectrum of thought and images and anytime someone has something to say, i ponder it forever and let the thoughts that it has created blend into my other thoughts..not to really "understand" it or try and see it the way that person does....just more like adding that program into my other programs within the great computer that is my head. most of the time, it gives me a intense giggle. because i realize, everything is the damn same. there is no border or black and white, it all ends up bieng the same thing eventually...like a rainbow...
thats how it works...starts out one color and goes through a whole spectrum then ends up back at the other color..
I just let go..what happens happens...i feel in my heart if i try hard enough and be a good enough person that i will live as a good person forever...but theres so many people out there, that know deep inside that they cant have that...and they torture themselves and other people...
I wish i could help them all...and i try to, often...but they cant let it happen because they are so attatched to thier reality tunnels & emotions..
pardon if im confusing the hell out of you..
its just my thoughts..
When it all comes down to it, in my opinion, theres no such thing as insanity or sanity...its all the same...the thing is is if you are aware or not and are you free & open rather than entrapped in your own head and what has become of it because of programming due to outside sources....
Does anyone know what i mean? ive only met one person who does..luckily he's my fiance:)
Everywhere he and i go, though, we just get disgusted..looking at people..seeing thier fucked up energy flow off them...knowing they could have been so happy by just letting go..but they cant... happiniess is what you make of it.. most people see a homeless man staggering down the street, gabbering to himself and giggling, and they think "oh that poor guy, im glad im not like that!", but alas, how do you know he's so miserable? he may love bieng that way. not a part of society...just..wandering....aimlessly..and talking to himself, because he knows the outside world isnt going to accept what he has as anything special, they'll just call him nuts..so he doesnt give a shit. he just let go and let it be.
*sigh*
oh well.
the end.

--------------------
~~~~~*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*~~~~~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Sanity & order make no sense to me [Re: MollyDolly]
    #2554505 - 04/13/04 12:51 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

"my brain is like this everchanging spectrum of thought and images and anytime someone has something to say, i ponder it forever and let the thoughts that it has created blend into my other thoughts..not to really "understand" it or try and see it the way that person does"

:eyemouth: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :eyemouth:

Offlinenecronomicon
journeyman

#2554535 - 04/13/04 12:57 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Me and my girlfriend sound similar to you and your fiance...We think everything is rediculous and nothing makes any sense...Just existing seems pretty illogical...

all that we know for sure is that we love eachother and being with eachother feels good.

Heres a nice quote that some Quaker said...he was talking to his wife...
"Everyone in this world is mad(the crazy kinda mad) besides me and thee...though sometimes I wonder about thee."

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2554583 - 04/13/04 01:05 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Everywhere he and i go, though, we just get disgusted..looking at people..seeing thier fucked up energy flow off them...knowing they could have been so happy

So you get unhappy seeing other people's unhappiness and that begets others being unhappy and...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineMollyDolly
Queen Rabbit

Re: Sanity & order make no sense to me [Re: necronomicon]
    #2554602 - 04/13/04 01:07 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

hells yeah. w00t! we're arent alone hahaha! i agree totally, that exsistance itself is crazy. thats why i find it so funny how people try and make themselves look like they got it all down and have it so perfect..when in deed...no one is...yet again..we may all be. hahah.
like bill hicks said , when he was making fun of people to tied to thier ego's, he goes:
"Hey! this just HAS to be real! look at my bank account! AND MY FAMILY! this just HAS to be real!" , then bil replies with "its all just a ride, man....just a ride".
*sigh* god how i miss that man...

--------------------

OfflineMollyDolly
Queen Rabbit

#2554626 - 04/13/04 01:10 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

oops i was replying to necro same time you posted :P
nah i mean, its not "disgust"..i really cant explain it, i mean it makes me sad and disgusted to know there has to be miserable people out there who are bieng made miserable either by thier own thoughts or because of what others' actions have brought onto them because of thier fucked up ways, you know what i mean? like families dying in wars in 3rd world countries..thats a good example, and women who end up dead from drugs and/or eating disorders because they were made to believe they had a status to fill...
hpefully you see what i mean now..i have hard time explaining because well, im what most people would call.. a NUT. HAHAHAHAH:D

--------------------

OfflineTrippinNinjaBuddha
ShroominSamurai
    #2555014 - 04/13/04 02:08 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

hmmm.. interesting stuff...

Open mind = good.  but that doesn't mean you're insane..

It seems like maybe what you're thinking is that people who seem a bit different than us or even people who seem totally wackass nuts are just existing differently or thinking differently than the rest of us, and we should just let them be..

is that what you're saying?  if not then ignore the rest...

Some people seem weird, they're not insane... Some people are hippies, they're not insane... People that are schizophrenic (and I've known two) really are something else... Perhaps they're just existing on a different level than us, BUT it can be very dangerous...  Schizophrenics will say things like 'Jesus told me to kill him.'  It's things like that that can cause people to label and judge insane.

I don't think having radically different beliefs than everyone else constitutes the label 'insane', but rather a possibly dangerous, uncontrolled mind.

Hope that all came across well :smile:

--------------------
Jumped in a river, what did I see?
Black eyed angels swimming with me
Moon full of stars and astral cars, all the figures I used to see
All my lovers were there with me
All my past and all my futures
We went to heaven in a little rowboat
There was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #2555300 - 04/13/04 03:22 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

You talk about other peoples realities getting in the way of people who want to think differently. Can you see the hypocracy in taking the same supercilious approach when talking about the realities of others?
>we just get disgusted..looking at people..seeing thier fucked up energy flow off them...knowing they could have been so happy by just letting go..but they cant...

You even place yourself in a mindset where everyone else is doing it wrong but you and couldn't possibly be happy. It's very egocentric thinking.

>I wish i could help them all
-Your way of thinking doesn't take into account that pehaps these people are happy and don't want your help.

>it because of programming due to outside sources....
-Are these outside sources the world in which we live in? If so, it makes sense to accept the world you live in instead of creating another one in your mind. That way, when you run into one of these outside sources... such as an oncomming bus, you know to stay on the sidewalk instead of walking out into the street.

insanity: Persistent mental disorder or derangement. No longer in scientific use.
I like that definition.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2555460 - 04/13/04 04:01 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Congratulations, MollyDolly, you have just witnessed the Swami Shuffle!
Later, you can redeem these for valuable coupons!!

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Sanity & order make no sense to me [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2556250 - 04/13/04 06:12 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Actually, I can kind of see what Molly's saying, but I can also see what ShroomHermit is saying.

I should not look down on those who can't see the world in the (crazy) way that I do, just like they should not call me crazy for seeing it the way I do, even if I am.

But at the same time, the way I see the world is so cool and causes so much harmony in my life that I feel sorry for people who can't see it that way.

Hi, Jell! Where ya been? Have you been here and I just didn't notice?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #2556388 - 04/13/04 06:41 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Firstly..........'insanity' is a legal term, not a clinical term, and it refers to an individual's ability to stand trial and understand what is going on. Secondly, mental illness is a very real phenomenon, and the homeless person staggering down the street, talking to the air or passers-by, and gesturing, is in all probability suffering - yes - suffering, from a variety of schizophrenia. This is NOT a pleasant condition, it is a perpetual bad trip, despite the grimace of madness that yiou might misinterpret as a smile.

Everything is clearly NOT the same. All food, no matter how gourmet does turn to s**t - but I double dog dare ya to eat s**t. Not only will it not taste the same as a gourmet meal, all the nutrients will have been leached out of it. There is 'A Great Chain of Being' in the universe where the unity of Voidness develops into a unity of Wholeness, and just because the word unity goes with both Voidness and Wholeness, does not mean that it is the same unity. The Voidness before the creation of the universe was one unity, the eventual and final condition of the universe will be another unity - utterly different - just to give the most cosmic example.

You have little hope in becoming a ''good person'' if you don't have a model for that value, and that model is gonna be quite different from someone who "doesn't give a shit." Discrimination, the Vajrayana Buddhists call this The Wisdom of Discrimination. Everything is not identical to everything.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Sanity & order make no sense to me [Re: Frog]
    #2556859 - 04/13/04 08:31 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Hi, Jell! Where ya been?

Rehi, Frog! As you can see from my avatar, I've been around the Shroomery for awhile and I am a firm believer that everyone has an inner nature that changes but little. I have reconciled myself to the fact that I am a sprinter- I go for a few weeks or months then submerge, only to up-periscope when the signs are right. Just between you and me, I look for subtle cues from Bob Barker on The Price is Right to determine when to start posting again. These signs are only visible to me immediatly prior to the Showcase Showdown. Please don't attempt to interpret these signals for yourself as they only make sense to me.

Now what was the topic again? Oh! Insanity. \

MollyD, I would only at this point endorse your "reality tunnel" notion. I believe a completely untrustworthy source going by the name of Robert Anton Wilson originally coined this phrase. Anyone interested in this topic should refrain from internet searches on this term or this man as they are strictly forbidden by common decency and morality. I would futhermore warn any and all to NOT purchase a twelve pack of beer and peruse anything on the internet related to anything I, Frog, or Molly D have mentioned. Thank you for your consideration!

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order