Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
personal power
    #2556132 - 04/13/04 05:36 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

so far the most fufilling 'spiritual' activity i partake in is making a daily concious effort to use my own personal power to make my voice heard and in my own way make the world a bit better for myself and others. heres a few examples:

1. i was waiting at a bus stop and saw a big billboard showing two people dancing in the rain and the slogan 'im loving it'. at first i was excited! heres a billboard with no other message than 'get out there and love life'! i thought it was great. than i noticed that the shadow of the mans legs in the picture formed an M on the ground... later i learned that mcdonalds has actually trademarked the term 'im loving it'.... sick man. On my own bus stop, evil corporations are buying my mind and filling it with subliminal suggestions.

The next day, in front of a dozen people i took a big black marker and wrote 'MCSHIT' across the bottom, then replaced 'im lovin it' with
'im fat'. as i walked away i could see all the people eagerly peering in to see what i had been writing.

My logic is that if mcdonalds has a right to fill the minds of millions with there commercial propagandha, i have the right to make my voice heard as well.

2. me and two friends were walking from a session at a park and saw a swastika carved in cement on the ground. We took out a pack of markers and made a big heart around the swastika and wrote in it 'fuck nazis' then added a peace sign and the words 'feel the love, stop the hate'. it took a total of 35 seconds to turn that hatefull symbol into something positive... ( i know that the swastika used to be a nice indian symbol but thats not the point and you know it)

3. i saw a man driving a hummer, a huge fucking gas spewing H2, all by himself. I made direct eye contact with the man and held it for a few seconds. when he got near i threw a huge gob of spit on his windshield and flipped him the bird. Sure no one likes getting spit at, but he bought that car to attract attention to himself and i wanted him to know exactly what kind of attention he was getting. If he got out of his car i was ready to say 'oh sorry did i get some shit on your window? oh right cuz i was pissed off about all the shit you got in my air' or something clever like that, but the guy kept driving.

4. i was walking home along my bus route and enjoying the weather when i saw the bus coming. i was still about 15 minuites away from home walking so i ran to the bus stop to cut down my travel time. then i looked around me and thought 'what the fuck am i doing? its beutifull outside, the sun is shining, the sky is blue, and im gonna get on a crowded ass buss so i can get back to my tv a few minuites faster? fuck that!' and i walked the rest of the way home, fully enjoying every tree and cloud...

These are a few examples of how you can embrace your own personal power. Modify them and invent your own. Never let a negative comment go unrefuted, and always match evil with good.

Strike up a conversation with someone youve never met. smile at strangers. Try biking rather than driving... whatever...

When you believe you have power you make it so. when you believe you are weak you make it so...

you can make a differance
:heartpump: :spliff: :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: personal power [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2556190 - 04/13/04 05:58 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineTrippinNinjaBuddha
ShroominSamurai
    #2556475 - 04/13/04 07:03 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Right on, bro.  An interesting fact, that has been scientifically proven, is that your thoughts and intentions send out energy instantly to all that surrounds you, and even the whole universe.  Think positively and you will attract positive energy :laugh:.

--------------------
Jumped in a river, what did I see?
Black eyed angels swimming with me
Moon full of stars and astral cars, all the figures I used to see
All my lovers were there with me
All my past and all my futures
We went to heaven in a little rowboat
There was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2556647 - 04/13/04 07:48 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Right on!  I guess you can make differance, even in the smallest way.  Just a downer knowing thats pretty much all you can do.  I like how you "voiced" your own opinion in those little ways, goos job :thumbup:

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2556747 - 04/13/04 08:07 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I was really high at a restaurant with some friends the other night.  I went to use the bathroom, and the urinals had "Say no to drugs" logos on them.  I pissed all over them. :lol:

Sometimes when I come home and family members are glued to the tube, I turn it off and say "get on with your lives!"

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2556829 - 04/13/04 08:26 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

excellent! yes, I try to make a difference as well, but so many times it seems my effort is thrown to the dogs. Oh well, I still find inspiration from some where.  Keep it up, and maybe others will catch on... One word of advice : Watch out for the mcshit lawsuit if they found out who did it : ) Wear camo or something next ti me  :lol:

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #2556885 - 04/13/04 08:38 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

1. McDonalds paid to advertise. You didn't.
2. Vandalism doesn't do anything, and you certainly can't fight vandalism with vandalism.
3. Don't be jealous of people who can afford better things. He may have a new ride and you may have to ride the bus, but spitting on a persons windshield and flipping them off is only introducing pissed offness into the world. It's hyprocritical to write 'feel the love, stop the hate' when you act this way. Remember, you are still supporting gas consumption and pollution by riding the bus... and that guy probably just took his anger out on someone who didn't deserve it.
4. Nothing wrong with getting excercise and enjoying life.

Stop being a menace and volunteer for an organization that reflects how you feel.
Stop the cycle of negativity instead of furthering it.

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: personal power [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2557086 - 04/13/04 09:29 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

lol shroom hermit i knew it was bound to happen...

1. i refuse to respect the idea that people with more money are entiteld to greater control of MY MENTAL SPACE. I simply do not respect the right to advertise... they pay the city to put there mind poison on my bus shack, but none of that money goes to me, and its me who has to see the thing every morning. I simply will not feel guilty for 'vandalising' a message that i find unethical and offensive, if its the only way i have to combat it. If we only allow the very rich the right to make there oppinions public we take the voice of the poor majority. This is just another facet of the media control problem.

2. vandalism doesnt do anything? well, one thing it did was take a seriously dangerous and offensive symbol and turn it into one of peace, tolerance and love. Is this vandalism? do you really think i should place some silly anti vandalism law over my desire to combat messages of hate? you can indeed fight vandalism with vandalism. Its simply a matter of fighting a bad message with a good one, regardless of the medium. I think you need to reevaluate your moral priorities.

3. i knew someone would misunderstand this one. I am by no means jealous of his affluence or his car for that matter. People have the right to success. what i despise is that this man takes his thousands and puts them into a big noisy air polluting machine. THe gas those things guzzle could feed an african tribe... My problem is not wealth, but the use of wealth as a selfish, short sighted means of ego gratification at the expense of every other man, woman, child and species whos air is being continuously poisoned by uneficient gas guzzling SUV's, and for what? so that the guy can feel a bit bigger in the pants? this is a microcosm of all that is wrong with america... a single individual with 1000x more wealth than he needs to survive and what does he give back to the world? fossil fuels and ugly noise. meanwhile thousands starve in the third world and bush kills children to secure more of the oil this fuck is burning in his hummer (oh yeah not to mention by buying the vehicle hes giving more of his money to the US military)

Stop the cycle of negativity instead of furthering it? were on different wavelengths. When i decided to stop and turn that swastika into a message of love, what exactly do you think i was trying to do?

when i wrote mcshit on that billboard i was casting my vote for mental freedom and an end to the system that allows companies to BUY MY MIND and my mental landscape with dirty money.

When i spit at that car i cast my vote for responsible use of wealth, ecologically sustainable life and an end to the male penis enlargment complex.

If you really respect the right of mcdicks to post subliminal messages at busstops and the nazis to carve swastikas more than these values...

well were just different people, thats all.

:smirk:

Take the power back

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
    #2557105 - 04/13/04 09:36 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

oh yes and about me 'having to ride the bus'... its not a matter of wealth or economics, i long ago made the concious choice never to own a personal gas burning vehicle. I like to get around on my own to feet or by bike and i dont buy into the MYTH that we need cars. They are gas inefficiant and enviromentally destructive. 90% of cars i see on the rode carry one passenger... its just such a metaphor for the american lifestyle, everyone in there own little sealed box drinking gas and spewing filth, poisoning the world with excess. I like the bus. I like to walk. Maybe it doesnt work where you live, i dunno, but ive made my choice.

This is entirely beside the point.
:smile2:

OfflineTheShroomHermit
 User Gallery

#2557178 - 04/13/04 09:55 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

You aren't breaking any laws when you volunteer. In fact, you are helping society instead of fucking with it.

How does spitting on a persons car and flipping them off help society? Your only audience just gets pissed off and NO message is gotten across. If anything, you just ensured that he will be pissed off and transfer his anger to someone else; not tipping his waiter, driving through a puddle to drench the side-walkers, cutting other people off. You say that you spread love but when you act you are only spreading hate and violence.

You are not making the world a better place with these actions. In fact, 75% of your examples will get you arrested.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2557204 - 04/13/04 10:04 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I agree.  Karma, too, ya know.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
    #2557220 - 04/13/04 10:10 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

ill concede that the hummer incident was more out of anger than anything, and might not have been the most constructive approach. On the other hand i do believe i have the right to express my disgust and harmfull lifestyles that effect all people.

Other than that though im 100% confident my other actions were fully ethical justifiable and im totally satisfied with them. dont think i care about the legality of these issues. I know well enough the problems in our legal system, and one of the most dangerous fallacies is the equating of government law with moral law.

By the same token i feel justified blazing in public, because it casts a vote for decriminalization and shows people that stoners arent dangerous. the fact that this is illegal doesnt way on my mind in the slightest. THe greatest atrocities of our times are fully 'legal' and economically sanctioned.

Explain to me how turning the nazi sign into a heart and peace sign is fucking with society? i think i understand your logic with the mcshits ad, but i couldnt disagree more with it. But you said 75% of my examples are bad...

No doubt in my mind anyways. I say it loud proud and true
when the law disagrees with my moral values, the law can bloody well fuck off.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
 User Gallery

#2557288 - 04/13/04 10:33 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

>Other than that though im 100% confident my other actions were fully ethical justifiable and im totally satisfied with them.
-Your vandalism included profane words such as "Shit" and "Fuck". Perhaps this was simply to drive your point across, but keeping in mind the audience you reach is uncontrolled, kids will undoubtably be reading these words. Going by the ethics that network television subscribes to, "Fuck" is not allowed and "Shit" is restricted. I am skeptical if you'll find this to be a valid point; you've made your stance on advertising quite clear and network television is supported through revenue generated by it.

>Explain to me how turning the nazi sign into a heart and peace sign is fucking with society?
-You failed to remove the symbol and one of the messages that you added was 'fuck nazis'

Personally, I agree with lighting up in public as a demonstration. It's the profane vandalism and spitting/flipping the bird at cars issue that we split on. Please don't get me wrong, I am an advocate for freedom of speech... but it has it's place.

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
    #2557349 - 04/13/04 10:57 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

lol yeah its a bit of a question isnt it.. how can you preace tolerance while saying 'fuck nazis'... but then nazis represent intolerance in the extream, they represent genocide and evil on a mass scale... so of course i say fuck nazis.

and really im not to worried about the effect some curse words will have man... a word is a word is a word. I just think this shit has gone to far, i feel myself suffocated in this rat race mentality that people have, allowing their secret fears and deep desires to be played on and exploited by commercial society, unable to shake the 'follow the leader' mindset theyre stuck in...

MUST... CHEW... THROUGH... BARS!
im a fuckin angry hamster man
but i will in fact attempt to be a bit more loving and peacefull in my methods, and i thank you

peace
:sun:

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2557425 - 04/13/04 11:36 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

"i refuse to respect the idea that people with more money are entiteld to greater control of MY MENTAL SPACE"
Only YOU are ultimatly in control of your own mental space.

"When i spit at that car i cast my vote for responsible use of wealth, ecologically sustainable life and an end to the male penis enlargment complex"
Is there not a better way to support your cause then spitting on someones car? Why not get involved in society and run a local newpaper exposing the evils of modern america, and how we can make small changes by riding bikes, planting trees, and passing the word on. Make sure to include that change takes time, and should not be brought about by negative actions towards others that could cause discord, or violence.

Shroomhermit:
"You are not making the world a better place with these actions. In fact, 75% of your examples will get you arrested"

And a few post's down.

"Personally, I agree with lighting up in public as a demonstration"

That is worse then pharmakos' example, and very contradictory. That would insure a 100% lock up rate. What I am trying to say is that there are ways with 0% violence, 0% ar eset rate, and 100% safety to impact things.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2557453 - 04/13/04 11:51 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I will come visit you in jail, which is where you will probably ultimately land, justified or not, based on your philosophy.  I have a "get into jail free" card.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2557477 - 04/14/04 12:04 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Every example given demonstrates a lack of wisdom and weakness.

Control, self discipline, positive action, accomplishment. These are the hallmarks of personal power, not angrily lashing out in frustration.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
 User Gallery

Re: personal power [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2557514 - 04/14/04 12:20 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

>That is worse then pharmakos' example, and very contradictory. That would insure a 100% lock up rate.
-I said "You are not making the world a better place with these actions. In fact, 75% of your examples will get you arrested." When I said "in fact" I ment extablish a difference between "not making the world a better place" and the seperate possibility of jail time. I will not argue that jail time is possible, but I do think that lighting a spliff outdoors makes a certain statement while at the same time not harming another. I did draw the line that profane grafitti is affects others negatively while smoking pot does not (well, perhaps if they are in the same car as you with the windows shut)  :mad2: :spliff: :mad2: :spliff: :smirk: :spliff: :grin: :grin:

While generally I agree that no arrest and no voilence is a good way to accomplish things, there are some times when civil disobedience is the key.

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
    #2557546 - 04/14/04 12:29 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

There is no guidance in your kingdom
Your wicked walk in Babylon
There is no wisdom to your freedom
The richest man in babylon

Your beggars sleep outside your doorway
Your prophets leave to wonder on
You fall asleep at night with worry
The saddest man in Babylon

The wicked stench of exploitation
Hangs in the air and fingers on
Beneath the praise and admiration
The weakest man in Babylon

There is no hope left in your kingdom
Your servants have burned all their songs
Nobody here remembers freedom
The richest man in Babylon

--------------------
Don't squeeze the pancake batter

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2557548 - 04/14/04 12:29 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

"there are some times when civil disobedience is the key."

Yes, there are times for civil disobedience. Like maybe if the president ordered the execution of 1000's of inocent children by claiming they were 'dangerous', or maybe if the worlds logging industry were destroying the earth, with the governments permission, and destroying key elements of life in the process. As far as being civil disobedient by smoking pot in public , I think that acomplishes nothing except to take un needed risks to prove a minor point on the scale of global problems.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order