Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAstralAurora
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere
Is it possible to get depressed from long use of marijuanna?
    #25559482 - 10/23/18 12:35 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

If say I smoke every day for a few years and stop

for whatever reasons (money, feeling addicted) would

I stop feeling happy and start getting depressed.The logic

behind is that the dopamine receptors get burnt out from

smoking every day 24/7.

Note: I don't smoke everyday or even have smoked for a few years, I just got curios.

--------------------
Cool pictures/art

God is love.God is truth.God is wisdom.God is good.God is Justice.All is God

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
Re: Is it possible to get depressed from long use of marijuanna? [Re: AstralAurora] * 1
    #25559535 - 10/23/18 01:36 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Dope can mask your problems.
Take away the mask they become obvious.

Imo it will not cause depression but it will artificially stave it off.

Dont use dope to mask and deal with your issues you should be fine.

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

InvisibleNimph
Im Unclecaptainblue!!!!

Loc: The dirty
Re: Is it possible to get depressed from long use of marijuanna? [Re: AstralAurora]
    #25559556 - 10/23/18 01:59 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, you can get really cranky like me to.
Hell even a week can leave you a little out of tune, but im very habit forming needing to conform to some sort of schedule.

Weed is not dope, were way past d.a.r.e lol

--------------------
Hunters save your exotic prints to trade! https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25617539:shroomeryhead:

Edited by Nimph (10/23/18 01:59 AM)

OfflineMrCraggles
 User Gallery

Re: Is it possible to get depressed from long use of marijuanna? [Re: Nimph]
    #25559571 - 10/23/18 02:22 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Hell yes you can. Especially today's weed with its high THC and negligible CBD levels.

Cannabis in my experience slowly clouds you but it creeps in so you don't realise it's happening and you normalise it.

It's definitely not as harmless as people make out. It still shouldn't be illegal.

I'm so happy I stopped smoking it regularly.

--------------------
Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back

InvisibleNimph
Im Unclecaptainblue!!!!

Re: Is it possible to get depressed from long use of marijuanna? [Re: MrCraggles]
    #25559576 - 10/23/18 02:31 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

That to,  all bud aint created equal

--------------------
Hunters save your exotic prints to trade! https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25617539:shroomeryhead:

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
    #25559585 - 10/23/18 02:45 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Any form of regular drug use can hide the actual negative effects.

One of the motivations for daily drug use is to mask the negative effects.

InvisibleNimph
Im Unclecaptainblue!!!!

Re: Is it possible to get depressed from long use of marijuanna? [Re: RJ Tubs 202] * 1
    #25559587 - 10/23/18 02:53 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I'm talking about that bud that seems to only have thc in it. The kind that can make u sick quitting cold turkey, preserve OG strains people before theyre all gone and were stuck with some corporate cash crop that lacks heart an soul.

--------------------

OfflineSoluminia
The mind is god
Male

Loc: CO
    #25559597 - 10/23/18 03:18 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

What are you on about? No ones getting sick from quitting weed cold turkey unless they already had some issue to begin with. Lol wtf

--------------------

InvisibleNimph
Im Unclecaptainblue!!!!

Re: Is it possible to get depressed from long use of marijuanna? [Re: Soluminia]
    #25559603 - 10/23/18 03:27 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Bs few people but people have puked off of going cold turkey after putting alot of dealer pot in their bodies.

I love pot to but i do get indigestion from it, its a blessing but its still not perfect.

--------------------

OfflineMrCraggles
 User Gallery

#25559609 - 10/23/18 03:34 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

You can get sick from quitting synthetic cannabinoids. But they're full agonists at cannabinoid receptors whereas THC is only a partial agonist. Synthetic cannabinoids are really dangerous, awful things.

Here in the UK we have a massive problem with synthetic cannabinoids. Heroin addicts are moving onto them instead as they cut the world out in a similar way. I've heard heroin addicts say the withdrawal is worse.

Wouldn't surprise me if some dealers spray synthetic cannabinoids onto their weed!

Never heard of somebody getting physically sick from quitting cannabis though.

--------------------
Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back

Edited by MrCraggles (10/23/18 03:40 AM)

Invisibleoontribe
Male User Gallery

Re: Is it possible to get depressed from long use of marijuanna? [Re: MrCraggles]
    #25559787 - 10/23/18 07:03 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Yea synthetic cannabinoid are really bad and dangerous, and it became very popular in my country, after time of usage you don't get high anymore not even from natural weed and the wd symptoms are bad, i have even met some people who checked into rehabs because of its addiction and wd symptoms.

Never had any wd symptoms from weed, but quitting hash cold turkey left me depressed and suffered from insomnia for two days, i don't smoke hash anymore :thumbdown:.

InvisibleNimph
Im Unclecaptainblue!!!!

#25560073 - 10/23/18 01:07 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Hellno spraying bud is a good way to get your ass whooped around here.
Careful about buying nigga bud cause ive heard a few hood rats talking about spraying their bud with pesticides to get people high an a few actually believe its the pesticides that get you high an not the actual bud.:rolleyes:

Nobody here smokes synthetic unless theyre in high school, we know not to fuck with that shit.

I get bad insomnia to from going without if i been blazing for a few days.

--------------------

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

#25560193 - 10/23/18 01:44 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I've axed 200+ mgs of ritilan and zyprexa,lithium and tons of other prescriptions by having my parents and doctors sign off when I was 14 and it saved my life because I had 10 or so emergency room trips because I would throw up for 3 days straight and need hydration. Recently through surgeries, PTSD, depression, bad panic disorder I still only take 4 pills instead of 12. That being said I started smoking before my brain developed and I know it effected things like my memory and I have copd .

As far as depression, weed is one of the most important medicine I have for it.

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

#25560203 - 10/23/18 01:47 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Nimph said:
Hellno spraying bud is a good way to get your ass whooped around here.
Careful about buying nigga bud cause ive heard a few hood rats talking about spraying their bud with pesticides to get people high an a few actually believe its the pesticides that get you high an not the actual bud.:rolleyes:

Nobody here smokes synthetic unless theyre in high school, we know not to fuck with that shit.

I get bad insomnia to from going without if i been blazing for a few days.

Same here it would be grounds for a beat down in our circle. Same with people who pass meth for mdma. Usually whoever got fucked decided if action was taken. Now everyone has kids though and it's not like that with us anymore

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

InvisibleNimph
Im Unclecaptainblue!!!!

Re: Is it possible to get depressed from long use of marijuanna? [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #25560358 - 10/23/18 02:24 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

:mob:

It sucks to unshroomy but you gotta handle your business.

--------------------

Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
    #25560465 - 10/23/18 02:57 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

its the blacks!

Invisibleninja cat 09
A paranoid android
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mexico Flag
Re: Is it possible to get depressed from long use of marijuanna? [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #25560487 - 10/23/18 03:03 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Smoking used to give me anxiety, which gave me depression because it would stop me from pursuing my goals. Don't really smoke anymore, but I've heard of people who have the opposite experience.

Quote:

Seriously_trippin said:
Same here it would be grounds for a beat down in our circle. Same with people who pass meth for mdma. Usually whoever got fucked decided if action was taken. Now everyone has kids though and it's not like that with us anymore

Good on ya! Used to be really into JWH-018, so much it got scary for a sec. Also had meth passed as molly to me, my dumb ass thought it would be a good idea to buy pressies off a rando at a concert :facepalm: The concert was fun, but the 24h after it, not so much.

--------------------
             :crazykitty:

InvisibleNimph
Im Unclecaptainblue!!!!

Re: Is it possible to get depressed from long use of marijuanna? [Re: cannabinated]
    #25560493 - 10/23/18 03:04 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Dont forget about the mexicans from south amarican trying to take all the good shrimp'n boat jobs!:gc:

But frfr dont buy bud from a hood rat, the fucker will probably sprinkle rat poison in it or soaked reggie in it, thats one thing you need to know dont buy reggie from the hood. Lmao an it'll be short by a .2 :lol:

--------------------

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #25560719 - 10/23/18 04:15 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Pretty much anything that released dopamine can lead to depression if overused, there are tons of factors though.

I've been a daily smoker for over half my life, and IME it tends to only lead to depression when overused. If you just smoke a bit daily it can consistently have great anti depressant effects, if you just get really stoned semi often you probably won't have issues either.

But it starts causing problems when you get really baked all the time, especially with extracts. It's very easy to use obscene amounts of THC these days which can't be good, I've seen people who smoked obscene amounts of hash oil end up very cranky and unstable for example.

I think the paranoia cannabis causes is a sort of self defense to prevent overuse, it's hard to smoke way too much without going through some serious anxiety (at least without a huge tolerance)

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
    #25560726 - 10/23/18 04:18 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Nimph said:
soaked reggie in it, thats one thing you need to know dont buy reggie from the hood. Lmao an it'll be short by a .2 :lol:

What's 'reggie'?

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds