Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleZaid
Most Loved Therefore Most Hated
I'm a teapot

Meatmares
    #25554998 - 10/21/18 09:42 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Any other vegans out there have any experiences with meatmares? (Dreams in which you consume non-vegan foods and wake up in a slight panic over it.) How long did they last for you? Will they ever subside?

I've only been vegan for a year so far and every couple of weeks I'll find myself dreaming about eating meat or dairy products. Originally I would eat the entire thing in my dream and think nothing of it until I woke up in a slight panic and realized that it was only a dream. Nowadays I realize halfway through eating in the dream, put the food down and feel disgusted with myself until I wake up. I guess that's an improvement but I'd really like to not be waking up with the panicked yet hungry feeling tempting me to me to break my diet.

--------------------
Wild Pleurotus Ostreatus - My First Grow Log!

For those of you who :pm:'d me about Paul Stamets silence on portabellos: bodhisatta graciously presents a real answer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Meatmares [Re: Zaid]
    #25555012 - 10/21/18 09:48 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Huh!

I guess Freud was right about dreams!

:freud:

InvisibleZaid
I'm a teapot

Re: Meatmares [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25555014 - 10/21/18 09:50 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

In what way? I'm not having sex with meat in my dreams.

--------------------

For those of you who :pm:'d me about Paul Stamets silence on portabellos: bodhisatta graciously presents a real answer.

OfflinegopherS
Coffee Bean Extraordinaire
I'm a teapot

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Meatmares [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25555017 - 10/21/18 09:50 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

a few times a year I dream im in higschool skipping classes and im gonna fail, and im 30 years old, dreams just dont go away

--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

My pronouns are He and Him, and my adjectives are Fat and Jazzy

:kratom:

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Meatmares [Re: gopher] * 1
    #25555022 - 10/21/18 09:54 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

yah the craving for meat only grows stronger and more intense as time goes on. its kinda like crack or something. ur starting to hve crack meatmares and shit cuz ur mind deteriorate and break down due to lack of meat. how long have u been vegan?

InvisibleZaid
I'm a teapot

Re: Meatmares [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #25555026 - 10/21/18 09:55 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

yah the craving for meat only grows stronger and more intense as time goes on. its kinda like crack or something. ur starting to hve crack meatmares and shit cuz ur mind deteriorate and break down due to lack of meat. how long have u been vegan?

A year. I don't believe this, though. I think as time progresses my choices will only be reinforced in my dreams. It's already starting to happen I think.

--------------------

OfflinegopherS
Coffee Bean Extraordinaire
I'm a teapot

Loc: Canada Flag
    #25555032 - 10/21/18 09:57 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

maybe your right, when I smoked weed I use to have dreams about having a big bag, I never dream about weed now, maybe some dreams do go away

--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

My pronouns are He and Him, and my adjectives are Fat and Jazzy

:kratom:

InvisibleZaid
I'm a teapot

Re: Meatmares [Re: gopher]
    #25555037 - 10/21/18 09:59 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I'm surprised you had dreams at all. When I smoke cannabis, I never have any dreams that I can remember. It takes a couple of days of sobriety for them to come back too.

--------------------

Edited by Zaid (10/21/18 09:59 AM)

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Meatmares [Re: Zaid] * 3
    #25555040 - 10/21/18 10:00 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

thats jus ur minds way of coping with meat shame. deep down u want to hurt little animals u crave it!

InvisibleZaid
I'm a teapot

Re: Meatmares [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL] * 1
    #25555050 - 10/21/18 10:03 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

deep down u want to hurt little animals u crave it!

Originally I couldn't care less about the ethics of it. I only did it for my own health. But the longer I've been vegan, the more I genuinely care about the systematic harm I would be partaking in if I chose to eat animal products. I would have less issues eating deer that was hunted from the wild than I would drinking cow's milk.

--------------------

Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

Loc: Western Slope, CO Flag
    #25555072 - 10/21/18 10:10 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Please don't ever say meatmares again.

--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”

InvisibleZaid
I'm a teapot

Re: Meatmares [Re: kr0nik0]
    #25555085 - 10/21/18 10:15 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

But there's no better name for it.

--------------------

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
    #25555095 - 10/21/18 10:18 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Perhaps the millions of years of genetic programming of your meat-eating ancestors are welling up in your dreams.

Veganism is a relatively new concept, so by going against your programming it's not unreasonable that your (sub)conscience will tussle with it at times.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

Loc: Western Slope, CO Flag
Re: Meatmares [Re: Zaid] * 4
    #25555097 - 10/21/18 10:19 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I believe it's words like these that make veganism something people find silly and pretentious.
You had a dream wherein you ate meat and din't like it. Meatmare is just so cringy, dude.
Merely my opinion.

--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: Meatmares [Re: kr0nik0] * 4
    #25555103 - 10/21/18 10:21 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

LOL. Maybe it's just the fact that Vegan's most often seem to be pretentious assholes who try and tout their agenda as the greatest thing since sliced bread?

I agree with your post 100%

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Meatmares [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #25555117 - 10/21/18 10:25 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I hate seafood. If i ate seafood during a dream, it would just be a detail.

But if you REALLY are that grossed out by it (similar to me and fish lol) i guess its just a nightmare about meat. If you do listen to freud for real about dreams, it means there is definitely an underlying message there

And NO its not neccesarily sexual. I dunno why people think that. His dream analysis book clearly shows that it can be anything thats on your mind

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleZaid
I'm a teapot

Re: Meatmares [Re: kr0nik0]
    #25555131 - 10/21/18 10:31 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Veganism is a relatively new concept, so by going against your programming it's not unreasonable that your (sub)conscience will tussle with it at times.

But this would also imply that I have some issues during my waking hours with not eating meat as well, wouldn't it? I do have cravings from time to time but I actually feel better overall at being able to overcome them. :shrug: I find no real struggle there.

Quote:

I believe it's words like these that make veganism something people find silly and pretentious.
You had a dream wherein you ate meat and din't like it. Meatmare is just so cringy, dude.

I suppose you're right. It's definitely silly (like most vegan names for things [I.E. Veganaise, tofurkey, etc]) but I wouldn't say it's pretentious. It just gets the same idea as 'nightmares about meat' across with less characters.

Quote:

If you do listen to freud for real about dreams, it means there is definitely an underlying message there

And NO its not neccesarily sexual.

The sexual part was just a stupid joke. What would you interpret the underlying message as? That I deep down want to eat meat? Or that I'm afraid of losing self-control?

--------------------

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

#25555140 - 10/21/18 10:35 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Zaid said:
But this would also imply that I have some issues during my waking hours with not eating meat as well, wouldn't it?

No, because just like the rest of us, you have no direct access to your subconscience. Dreams are the manifestations of it, however.

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #25555176 - 10/21/18 10:52 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Zaid said:
In what way? I'm not having sex with meat in my dreams.

:lol:

I meant, Freud thought dreams are a mirror of our deepest fears or our deepest desires. In this case for u, its both.

InvisibleZaid
I'm a teapot

Re: Meatmares [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #25555184 - 10/21/18 10:55 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I wonder what that says about my reoccurring dreams of losing / damaging my teeth. :strokebeard:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies