Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Magic Flight Launch Box, Terrence McKenna, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

McKenna "Trip"
    #2555135 - 04/13/04 04:37 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Today my girlfriend gave me an extra ipod that she had, (  :laugh: ) so I threw some Terence McKenna tracks on there that I hadn't yet heard, got good and high  :stash: with my vaporizer, and wen't running with McKenna's mad complexities providing the soundtrack.  The combination of endorphins from the run and the cannabis high must have synergized in an unlikley orientation allowing my brain to comprehend McKenna's lectures unlike I had ever before.  I've listened to his talks while high several times, but it was never remotely like this.  I started out towards campus, and ended up circling the place for literally hours, running to the powerfully euphoric beat that comes with the abrupt formation of new neural circuitry, the feeling that comes a few times a year at most, when you wrap your mind around a new avenue of thought and pour a relevant percentage of your internal cpu power into it.  I listened to  DreamAwake  followed immediately by  Light of Nature Day 2  Some of the time, I would spin off into chaotic mental directions, flights of fancy that would leave me cognitively separated from the concurrent DMT fueled bardic rant being pumped into my ears.  my first reaction was frustration, that I had accidentally departed from the intended narrative.  It felt a little like the naive guilt that comes to a religious devotee who has slept through church.  I increased my resolve and focused on the mp3 rolling along in my ears.  As I returned my attention to Terence, I was surprised to hear him addressing my very situation.  I'm not a guru, he says, I just want to make you think, dissolve some boundaries, if you will.  After that bit of compelling synchronicity, I allowed my mind to flow naturally, sometimes staying with McKenna, sometimes allowing his ideas to function as a launching pad towards some strange thoughts of my own. 

Since its notoriously difficult to remember one's revelations after the drugs have worn off  :lol:, I've decided to repeat this experience many times.  In the future, however, instead of running around my college campus, I'll just drive 10 miles to my hometown, which offers miles and miles of empty shoreline, perfect for the sort of meditative trance-running that has proven so rewarding.  I'll bring my trusty new ipod in one pocket, and a small digital recorder in the other, so I can set down some of my ideas before they've fallen out of my working memory into oblivion.  THC: such a blessing, such a curse :stoned:

So, if you really want to do some extremely satisfying mental calisthenics, get high, throw some provocative discourse into your ears, and lose your self in repetitive aerobic acticity.  It worked for me :smile:

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: McKenna "Trip" [Re: Noviseer]
    #2555350 - 04/13/04 05:37 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by TheHateCamel (12/08/07 02:30 AM)

OfflineShroomFan
nn dmt

#2555711 - 04/13/04 06:46 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

something i must try minus the physical acitivity..i remember riding my bike for hours then stopping to blaze...not a good idea seeing as how i had to keep riding it...sucks

--------------------
Fellow Shroomerites, if you Love expressing yourself with a dope tee shirt feast your 3rd eye on www.facebook.com/vicereversa
∞ Conscious Clothing for Conscious Minds ∞ Wear a tee , open a mind
Each shirt is spawned to Arouse Awareness <> We believe in Sustainability & Giving back <> Do you know of a community project or persons in need you feel deserves attention? - Tell us on our page And we just might pick the story > develop a tee > and donate the proceeds to that cause. ∞♥∞ Unget it, VICE REVERSA

InvisibleKackleDude
transmundaneother

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
    #2555776 - 04/13/04 06:57 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I always enjoy turning on some McKenna speakings and drawing, I'm able to zone out on the aural input and physical output at the same time...
I'll have to try running to Terence sometime

--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: McKenna "Trip" [Re: ShroomFan]
    #2556561 - 04/13/04 09:29 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomFan said:
something i must try minus the physical acitivity..i remember riding my bike for hours then stopping to blaze...not a good idea seeing as how i had to keep riding it...sucks

yea, my idiosyncratic reaciton to pot makes me laugh sometimes, it really confirms that trite phrase from every drug FAQ known to man: "every drug affects each person differently."  Ganj is stereotypically supposed to make you lazy and what not, but I almost always get the urge to exercise, especially with the unique-feeling high that comes with my vaporizer.  On the other hand, adderall can make me so mellow, I just want to lay down and enjoy the wonderful warm buzz.  Isn't it supposed to be the other way around :confused: :sun:

--------------------

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2557640 - 04/14/04 02:57 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I did it again tonight, same scenario, except I rode my bike for miles along the shoreline rather than circling campus on foot. I don't have time to type out another rant about what I experienced, so I'm just going to re-emphasize this track: Light of Nature Day 2 At the very least, he stretches your boundaries, and helps you think in new directions. Give it a shot.

--------------------

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: McKenna "Trip" [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #2558169 - 04/14/04 09:40 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheHateCamel said:
Thanks for those tracks man. :thumbup:

http://mckenna.psychedelic-library.org/ :stoned:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Magic Flight Launch Box, Terrence McKenna, Vaporizer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience