Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Sickness
    #25544 - 07/24/00 09:53 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Thats just because the people that throw up off of them are just allergic too them that is all.

later....

-=zillion=-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline3DSHROOM
loon
Male

#25546 - 07/24/00 09:57 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

It's not because they are allergic to them. The shrooms are hard to digest and cause some people to get cramps, throw up, etc. I have heard of people throwing up from eating peyote because it is also hard to digest.

:smile:

------------------
..... LEGALIZE .....
See my pictures here.

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood loon

Anonymous

#25547 - 07/25/00 10:11 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

it's mainly because of contaminated mushrooms. if you eat bad mushrooms it *CAN* get fatal, all depends

InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

Loc: Lost Woods, Hyrule
    #25548 - 07/25/00 01:17 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

zillion, no
mywifegivesgoodhead, no
3Dshroom, yes

it's because of the tough, fiberous tissue of the mushrooms. it's very hard to digest, and makes most people get an upset stomach, and some throw up. an easy way around this is to grind them up as much as possible in a coffee grinder. or, chew them more. the more ground up, the better. if i do that and mix them in a drink, i don't get sick.

come on people, there's enough misinformation out there, don't help spread it. do some research before you give advice.

Link

------------------
How I wish that somewhere there existed an island for those who are wise and of good will.
-Albert Einstein

--------------------
Wonder had gone away, and he had forgotten that all life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.  -- H.P. Lovecraft "The Silver Key"

Offlinesnarf
enthusiast
    #25549 - 07/25/00 01:19 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

quote:
Originally posted by mywifegivesgoodhead:
it's mainly because of contaminated mushrooms. if you eat bad mushrooms it *CAN* get fatal, all depends

No offence to you personally, but that's total bullshit dude. My friend grows shrooms, the PF variety and he doesn't get contams but still pukes every time he partakes of them. He is going to try another strain hoping he doesn't wretch.
Some people just can't stomach the type of fibre in shrooms, or are super-sensitive to the active compound, plain and simple.

------------------
-snarf

[This message has been edited by snarf (edited July 25, 2000).]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies