Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Running [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #25766010 - 01/24/19 06:56 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Okay, I'm starting to feel better about running again. 

:grin:

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Loc: Shroomsville
Re: Running [Re: Learyfan] * 1
    #25766689 - 01/25/19 03:17 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I haven't been out at all this week, my excuse is, snow!! It hasn't even been that bad we had like 1 day with a light sprinkling which then froze over the next day, it's been away for a couple of days now but it's still really cold.
I really should go out, my head is being a bit of a dick and I've been thinking about a lot of stuff that's not really beneficial to my wellbeing. Running keeps all that shit at bay, I'm a bit worried that I'm letting myself slip back in to old ways. That's not going to be good if I do:shrug:

--------------------

"great things may come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle"

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Running [Re: Bumholio]
    #25768055 - 01/25/19 03:29 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

So you live in a place that's cold in the winter and you still run?  How do you stay warm?  That's why I take off 6 months because of the cold.  It would be nice to be able to run, but going out on that shady trail with the frigid wind blowing in my face is pure hell! 

--------------------

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

#25768082 - 01/25/19 03:38 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I actually prefer running in the winter than summer you soon warm up once you get going. If its warm in the summer I find it tougher unless I go early morning.

I did a 10k in June a few years back and about 2k from the finish people were pulling out and puking at the side of the road lol.

--------------------

"great things may come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle"

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#25770122 - 01/26/19 01:32 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

LOL, I wonder how I would handle something like that.  I have no idea.  But what I do know is that I LOVE running in 80 to 90 degree weather and just sweating my balls off.  If I don't come back drenched in sweat and halfway sunburned, I'm disappointed. 

--------------------

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

#25770145 - 01/26/19 01:43 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Oh jesus, thatd be my excuse for not going. Nah too hot lol.

I did the parkrun this morning and wasnt really feeling it got to the last km and started boking my ring up ffs. Heaved a few times then carried on. Serves me right for laughing about it yesterday.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#25780621 - 01/31/19 06:27 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

You threw up?  Jesus, that's something I've never done.  But mostly because I'm so paranoid that I'll have a heart attack from pushing myself that hard. 

--------------------

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

#25786427 - 02/02/19 02:51 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Did parkrun this morning and did a different circuit, partly just for a change but it turned out the usual on was cancelled due to shit weather it was -1 and real icy :shrug:
Got a PB for the course though and it was so fucking tough you have to wonder why you do it lol

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#25791461 - 02/04/19 06:41 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Good god you're crazy!  :grin:  What's a PB?

Have you seen those people who make patterns in big cities for their runs?  Like if you're looking from above the city, the runs look like a wolf, or Star Wars characters or something? 

--------------------

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

#25801962 - 02/09/19 04:01 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Personal best.

Got another PB this  morning so I'm happy with that. I've seen those on Google maps,  is it mostly big nob pics lol

--------------------

OfflineUnknown error
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost in green lane Flag
    #25802882 - 02/10/19 03:04 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

A friend of mine got me in to running 4 or 5 years ago. Its something I never would of thought I would enjoy, but absolutely loved it. Only get time to go once a week, normally 4 - 6 miles on trails through the woods.
If you’re running trails too op, then trail running shoes are definitely the way to go.
I have a pair of Solomon speed cross 4 and have to say they are amazing.

Really comfortable with loads of grip, got these half price in an online sale so not too expensive either.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#25803314 - 02/10/19 10:10 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Bumholio said:
Personal best.

Got another PB this  morning so I'm happy with that. I've seen those on Google maps,  is it mostly big nob pics lol

Oh, personal best.  Makes sense.  But I found the Vox video that I was referring to about the guy who does GPS pattern running.  Watch this lol! 

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Running [Re: Unknown error]
    #25803325 - 02/10/19 10:17 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Unknown error said:
A friend of mine got me in to running 4 or 5 years ago. Its something I never would of thought I would enjoy, but absolutely loved it. Only get time to go once a week, normally 4 - 6 miles on trails through the woods.
If you’re running trails too op, then trail running shoes are definitely the way to go.
I have a pair of Solomon speed cross 4 and have to say they are amazing.
Really comfortable with loads of grip, got these half price in an online sale so not too expensive either.

UE, thank you for the suggestion!  But what is the difference between a regular running shoe and a trail running shoe?  It looks like the difference is grip, which I'm not too worried about.  The trail that I run is definitely almost all dirt and gravel, but I've never slipped or anything.  I looked up trail running shoes on Amazon (best customer review filter) and the Solomon shoes you mentioned were the majority of the top 10 or 20.  But none of them were available in my size (US 13). 

--------------------

OfflineUnknown error
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost in green lane Flag
    #25805531 - 02/11/19 11:03 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I think the main difference is that they are more durable to give more protection and support for your feet when running on hazardous ground, normal running shoes are generally more lightweight.
Also as well as the extra grip that you mentioned the sole is closer to the ground for extra stability too.
They definitely make running on rough, uneven and muddy surfaces a lot easier and more comfortable, I’ll be getting another pair when the salomons wear out for sure.

OfflineBuster_Brown
L'une
Male User Gallery

Re: Running [Re: Unknown error] * 2
    #25805594 - 02/11/19 11:31 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I ran long distance (5 mile) as a sport from age 12 to 15 and the leg conditioning remained a plus thru-out my later years ( I'm now 62 without knee or hip problems) so in my next life I'll add a upper body regimen during those years to see if the conditioning can be noted to be in evidence in the latter years when I skip the workout routine.

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Re: Running [Re: Buster_Brown] * 1
    #25816170 - 02/16/19 06:41 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Got a PB again for 5k this morning (3 weeks in a row) cut 70 seconds off last weeks time so feeling pretty good  :hellyeah: but need to bump the distance up a bit. I've got 2 10k's I've signed up for next month :kittylaugh:

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Running [Re: Unknown error]
    #25818498 - 02/17/19 09:29 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Bumholio said:
Got a PB again for 5k this morning (3 weeks in a row) cut 70 seconds off last weeks time so feeling pretty good  but need to bump the distance up a bit. I've got 2 10k's I've signed up for next month

Look at you!  My legs got sore from me cleaning my blinds in the bathtub yesterday.  Cause that's how little I use them right now.  And you're out there setting records.

Quote:

Unknown error said:
I think the main difference is that they are more durable to give more protection and support for your feet when running on hazardous ground, normal running shoes are generally more lightweight.
Also as well as the extra grip that you mentioned the sole is closer to the ground for extra stability too.
They definitely make running on rough, uneven and muddy surfaces a lot easier and more comfortable, I’ll be getting another pair when the salomons wear out for sure.

I never really have trouble with protection for my feet on the trail I run.  So the more I think about it, I definitely don't think I need the trail shoes.  Plus, the best ones I saw were the Soloman's and they don't seem to come in size 13 US.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Running [Re: Learyfan]
    #25925325 - 04/09/19 03:51 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Okay, I got my new running shoes.  Brooks Ghost 11 (I think).  They were top rated on Amazon.  Got them for $130.  I've been running with them 2 or 3 times so far.  I definitely love them so far, but I can't really judge how much better they are than my first pair.  The old pair was old and this new pair is new and I'm using the $50 insoles on top of the insoles that come with the new pair. 

But anyway, I'm back at it.  I definitely need to do more squats and heel raises a couple of days before running to strengthen up my lower body muscles.  My hips hurt like they always do after I start running again, because I don't have the shock absorbing leg muscles built up yet. 

--------------------

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

#25926031 - 04/10/19 01:15 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Sweet daps mang:thumbup:

I get the same in the hips, I definitely need a new pair as mine are very worn now.

I've had a couple of weeks just recently where I've not been in great mental form. Everything was a chore, I had no interest in doing anything and although I did a couple of 10k races my heart or head werent in it. Training went out the window and I've started to put weight back on.

I seem to have pulled through that now though and I've started training with a friend for a half marathon in September :crazy:

The weather is starting to warm up a bit though which I might find difficult but fuck it lol

--------------------

OfflineHippiebait
Stranger
Re: Running [Re: Bumholio] * 1
    #25926154 - 04/10/19 04:05 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Barefooted 🦶🤷‍♂️ Or Nike’s! Personal opinion barefoot is way way better for you then any other option. Shoes are man made. Feet on ground is nature made. But sense it’s hard to find somewhere to go barefoot besides the beach. I just stick with my nikes.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order