Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
Re: Police appreciation thread [Re: MagicMush123] * 5
    #25475379 - 09/20/18 01:24 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

You need to make sure that you don't mistake criticism of white supremacy with blaming all white people.

It's undeniable that western society was built on, amongst other notions, the idea of white supremacy. Because of this, it's impossible to fully criticize things without including a criticism of white supremacy, the power structures that were built in support of white supremacy, and how these power structures may still remain to be dismantled.

For example, in the article white supremacy is brought up in discussing the roots of modern day policing in slave patrols of the American south. How does one discuss slave patrols and their development into modern day police forces without discussing white supremacy too?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

Loc: Wide Bay Orstralia
Re: Police appreciation thread [Re: MagicMush123]
    #25531519 - 10/12/18 06:39 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

https://youtu.be/dOqzPm7NgVQ

Get yourself a suit and tie
and get your haircut way up high

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: Police appreciation thread [Re: Stable Genius]
    #25531572 - 10/12/18 07:13 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Get a haircut, and get a real job!

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Police appreciation thread [Re: XUL] * 1
    #25532256 - 10/12/18 12:59 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Respecting authority is the new punk rock

--------------------

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: Police appreciation thread [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #25532419 - 10/12/18 02:17 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Laws.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Police appreciation thread [Re: XUL] * 2
    #25532689 - 10/12/18 04:11 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

And yet when the police break the law you defend the police

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Police appreciation thread [Re: The Ecstatic] * 3
    #25532691 - 10/12/18 04:12 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Hell, when judges break the law you cheer on their promotion.

--------------------

OfflineNecropolis
Undercover Traffic Cop

Re: Police appreciation thread [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #25532848 - 10/12/18 05:30 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Well, there are some bad police. Most of us aren't bad though.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Police appreciation thread [Re: Necropolis] * 2
    #25532852 - 10/12/18 05:33 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Yes you are

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Police appreciation thread [Re: Necropolis] * 3
    #25532866 - 10/12/18 05:38 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Necropolis said:

The issue is, what do "good" cops do when the bad one's violate rights and break the law? 

Turning a blind eye doesn't mean they're not complicit.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Police appreciation thread [Re: qman] * 2
    #25532875 - 10/12/18 05:43 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

There are no good cops. Good cops get rats stuck under their windshield wipers. Good cops get death threats. Good cops quit or get fired. The police forces in America are utterly corrupt organizations that act more like street gangs than public servants.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Invisiblemycoprog
Modular Heretic
 User Gallery

Loc: N. America
Re: Police appreciation thread [Re: koods]
    #25532963 - 10/12/18 06:31 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

That's not far off base.

All my experiences with police have left a lot to be desired.

I just wish they stuck to dealing with violent crimes and left us horrible satanic drug users to our own volition.

fuck 'em.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Police appreciation thread [Re: mycoprog] * 2
    #25532968 - 10/12/18 06:36 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Here’s a good story about a cop who tried to be good

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/414/right-to-remain-silent/act-two-0

Quote:

For 17 months, New York police officer Adrian Schoolcraft recorded himself and his fellow officers on the job, including their supervisors ordering them to do all sorts of things that police aren't supposed to do. For example, downgrading real crimes into lesser ones, so they wouldn't show up in the crime statistics and make their precinct look bad. Adrian's story first appeared as a five part series in the Village Voice, written by Graham Rayman. (41 minutes)

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

Loc: Wide Bay Orstralia
Re: Police appreciation thread [Re: Necropolis] * 1
    #25533134 - 10/12/18 07:56 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:

Quote:

For 17 months, New York police officer Adrian Schoolcraft recorded himself and his fellow officers on the job, including their supervisors ordering them to do all sorts of things that police aren't supposed to do. For example, downgrading real crimes into lesser ones, so they wouldn't show up in the crime statistics and make their precinct look bad. Adrian's story first appeared as a five part series in the Village Voice, written by Graham Rayman. (41 minutes)

That's a very interesting and disturbing recording regarding the police in New York. Very disturbing.

Quote:

Necropolis said:

Listening to that recording koods posted brought a wave of stress over me as I remembered the numerous occassions that I've been fucked over by the police.
20 years old, growing 120 plants, I was looking at imprisonment, the only thing in my favour was it was my first offence. Police stole my rent money and electricity money and I ended up into forced rehab, 2 years probation reporting, psychiatric evaluations, for growing cannabis.
The reason I was growing? It was the only thing that calmed me down as I wasn't aware I had/still have a mild case of PTSD after having the shit flogged out of me a year earlier in the local watch house for the heinous crime of being drunk.
Go forward a few more years, 3 more police raids for cannabis, twice I have had my house trashed during a raid. There are a few more situations I could blab on about but you get the picture.
People want and need a police force they can TRUST and RESPECT, I want to be able to trust and respect police but I physically can't even be around you lot without my stomach twisting into a knot, waves of nausea flooding my body, and sweating profusely. That's just how it is now.
Something has to change. The pot helps but it isn't working quite as well as it used to, that's why I've ended up here, looking at using mushrooms and maybe dmt. That's how the police have helped me grrrrrrr

OfflineTipote
petty crook and transvestite
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK/France/US
    #25533980 - 10/13/18 08:27 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Oklahoma Police Chief Who Lost Job Because of Neo-Nazi Ties Gets Hired for New Police Job

In the Uk this is a terrorist organisation

Cops are not only entitled little shits with delusions of grandeur to lord over non-cops but that mentality attracts some of the most bigoted, fascist, authoritarian shits in the world. They are control freaks with anger issues and often deeply held prejudices. and the few half decent cops that exist tend to get coopted or end up dismissed for raising the issue to their superiors. 

fuck the police.

--------------------
War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Police appreciation thread [Re: Tipote] * 3
    #25534111 - 10/13/18 09:38 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

90% of cops were those under-achieving jock asshole types with a huge chip on their shoulder and a fascination with violence and a craving for praise and to be hero worshipped. Many have lived their lives on the edge of the law and some would live a criminal lifestyle were it not for their job. A decent number legitimately want to kill people.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineNecropolis
Undercover Traffic Cop

Re: Police appreciation thread [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #25534368 - 10/13/18 11:51 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:
Slave Patrols and Civil Servants: A History of Policing in Two Modes
Quote:

The police are the absolute enemy. Grounded in slave patrols in the early American South, the institution has an unbroken history of protecting and upholding white supremacy. Recent movements in the United States have clarified this lineage of racist violence, beginning with slave patrols and culminating in indiscriminate police killings of black bodies. But white supremacy is not the only function of the police: the history of British policing is one of capturing and controlling unruly workers—of the creation of “white working class” subjects through a process of inclusion, discipline, and education. The police have a dual history: one of violent exclusion, one of insidious inclusion. If our opposition to the police rests only on their heritage of racism or class oppression, then we risk attacking a symptom instead of uprooting the whole. We are against the police not only for their clubs and their guns, but also for the ways they infiltrate our minds, making us citizen-cops and unwitting accomplices.

That's kind of ridiculous. I'm sure it happens in some places, but for the most part, a black cop will keep an extra close eye on blacks, mexican cops on mexicans, etc.

Nothing wrong with looking out for your own people as long as you don't go to the extremes with it and start giving people a free pass to do fucked up shit based on their race.

Which is what the federal government's job is.

OfflineNecropolis
Undercover Traffic Cop

Re: Police appreciation thread [Re: koods]
    #25534370 - 10/13/18 11:52 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
There are no good cops. Good cops get rats stuck under their windshield wipers. Good cops get death threats. Good cops quit or get fired. The police forces in America are utterly corrupt organizations that act more like street gangs than public servants.

Care to point out a single government in the world that isn't corrupt?

OfflineNecropolis
Undercover Traffic Cop

#25534376 - 10/13/18 11:58 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Stable Genius said:
Quote:

koods said:

Quote:

That's a very interesting and disturbing recording regarding the police in New York. Very disturbing.

Quote:

Necropolis said:

Listening to that recording koods posted brought a wave of stress over me as I remembered the numerous occassions that I've been fucked over by the police.
20 years old, growing 120 plants, I was looking at imprisonment, the only thing in my favour was it was my first offence. Police stole my rent money and electricity money and I ended up into forced rehab, 2 years probation reporting, psychiatric evaluations, for growing cannabis.
The reason I was growing? It was the only thing that calmed me down as I wasn't aware I had/still have a mild case of PTSD after having the shit flogged out of me a year earlier in the local watch house for the heinous crime of being drunk.
Go forward a few more years, 3 more police raids for cannabis, twice I have had my house trashed during a raid. There are a few more situations I could blab on about but you get the picture.
People want and need a police force they can TRUST and RESPECT, I want to be able to trust and respect police but I physically can't even be around you lot without my stomach twisting into a knot, waves of nausea flooding my body, and sweating profusely. That's just how it is now.
Something has to change. The pot helps but it isn't working quite as well as it used to, that's why I've ended up here, looking at using mushrooms and maybe dmt. That's how the police have helped me grrrrrrr

Well, maybe you should be more understanding of the police. A lot of police have PTSD as well. A lot, in some cases over 75% are ex military. What do you expect?

I mean people act surprised when police are jumpy or trigger happy. Who else do you think is going to do that shitty job? Sure, you get to sit in an air conditioned squad car or office, but there's still going to be the times when you get a call and some psycho possibly covered in his own shit and blood may lunge at you with a knife or shoot at you. Seriously, why would you expect nice Andy Griffith types to be doing that job?

I've had my share of encounters with the bad ones. But I know how to act around different kinds of people. The first time I got handcuffed for talking shit and thrown into a squad car. After that, I learned my lesson. Treat cops with respect and talk articulately and usually they'll treat you accordingly. That has been the case with myself and the various black and mexicans I've known throughout the years that've encountered cops and sometimes been arrested for different crimes.

Remember, they don't make the laws. If they did, most cops wouldn't want to arrest you for pot or mushrooms. Those laws wouldn't exist.

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Police appreciation thread [Re: Necropolis] * 6
    #25534500 - 10/13/18 12:53 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/are-police-breaking-the-law-to-campaign-against-marijuana-legalization/

Police and prison unions have protested against the legalization of marijuana since day one across the entire US.

It's a big business for them and it's solid job security.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/police-marijuana-legalization_us_5876889be4b03c8a02d4f097

Only 1/3 of cops support marijuana legalization.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds