Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleLeViTY
I missed theark.

Loc: CA
Liposuction...
    #2552639 - 04/13/04 12:34 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'm sick with hatred towards the way I look. It's getting really bad. I sit in front of the mirror for hours looking at my reflection and my body until I just break into tears and start screaming and trying to shatter my mirror.

I am overweight, and it bothers me when people tell me I'm not. I've had numerous eating disorders that I'm still battling with. And all of my friends are doing speed to lose weight, but I don't want to resort to that.

My friends think I'm insane...but I think liposuction is my only option. I've tried excersise, starvation, bulemia, diet pills, eating healthier, and ciggarettes. I can't seem to lose any weight.

I need to get liposuction. But I'm frightened of the process and the results. My mother has gotten liposuction and offered to pay for mine, but my Dad is totally against it. I don't know what to do. I just want to be happy.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleadrug

Re: Liposuction... [Re: LeViTY]
    #2552658 - 04/13/04 12:38 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You said yourself. "I've had numerous eating disorders that I'm still battling with." I bet even if you had lipo you would still be unhappy. You'd be better off visiting a support group for anorexic/bulemics or whatever type of eating disorder you may have. It doesn't help that you live in L.A. where everyone is supposedly perfect...you have to quit comparing yourself to other people or you'll never truly like yourself. I've seen pictures of you and I certainly don't think you need anything as drastic as liposuction, my goodness. You're awfully young to be thinking about plastic surgery. Curves are GOOD! :smirk:

InvisibleElise
Inner Being

Loc: Ohio
    #2552675 - 04/13/04 12:43 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Oh my!!! You do not need that!!! You are a beautiful person! What has made you think otherwise?

OfflineDannyT
Danny Tanner
 User Gallery
Loc: Souf Carolina
    #2552683 - 04/13/04 12:45 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'm going to have to agree with Adrug on this one too, from the pictures i've seen of you you look absolutely dashing.  Maybe trying one of those support groups mentioned would be better to try first and see how that goes before you decide to go with liposuction.

Much  :heart: :heart: :heart:

--------------------
Oh, no, man, I feel weird
I'm trying to get the motherfucking fuck out of here
Before there's flowers here
And sour tears

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2552702 - 04/13/04 12:51 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You don't need to get that shit.  Your fucking beautiful!!  Who cares if you look exactly like our culture says you should, fuck them.  Getting liposuction or any of that garbage just supports that image you are expected to have more and more.  Fuck your friends too.  Weight should never be an issue unless your are over weight in an unhealthy way.  So if you eat healthy your are fine.  If you eat good and stay the same weight asccept it, becase thats just how your body operates itself.  Like I said before, if your weight is healthy DON'T worry, please.

you look great the way you are :heart: :thumbup:

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleLeViTY
I missed theark.

Re: Liposuction... [Re: Elise]
    #2552707 - 04/13/04 12:52 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I hear that you think I'm beautiful, but I don't really hear it because I don't agree with it at all. If you all saw me in real life, you'd see how overweight I am.

And you're right, it is very hard to live in LA where everyone is 100 pounds or less, regardless of height or age. It's hard to have curves and eat like a normal person when my friends have diet cokes for lunch.

I don't know. Maybe I should go to a support group or revisit my psychiatrist. I just don't think it's a mental thing though. I'm not blind.

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #2552720 - 04/13/04 12:55 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

How tall are you and how much do you weigh? (if you don't mind me asking)

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2552725 - 04/13/04 12:56 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You say your not blind. Maybe not in the sense you can see the physical things around you. But in a much much deeper sense you are blind as can be.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleLeViTY
I missed theark.

Re: Liposuction... [Re: bert]
    #2552726 - 04/13/04 12:56 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'd rather die then tell you that.

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

#2552965 - 04/13/04 01:54 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

YIKES! liposuction would be my last resort. Diet and excersize are what i'd reccomend levity. Get a book, and read about how to change your body without surgery.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2552977 - 04/13/04 01:57 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

WHOA!!! There's no way you need liposuction. Even if you are fatter than you look in your pics(I highly doubt it), you're not nearly big enough to justify liposuction. I would only recommend liposuction to the morbidly obese. If you insist on thinking you're fat(and goddammit, you're not!), just eat a healthy diet and get regular exercise.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #2553400 - 04/13/04 06:30 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

fuck THAT lev.
fuck fitting other ppls image.
& fuck "cosmetic surgery"

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2553615 - 04/13/04 09:52 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Wow...the fact that you're so serious about this really proves how such insanity can be spawned in female individuals under the pressures of such a seemingly superficial society as where you live in (LA, CA, etc), which is obviously reinforced by all the super-glamorous models of media who're unrealistically beautiful and attractive, and perpetuate the self-defeating comparisons which other people unwisely (and perhaps subconsciously) indulge in, holding themselves to unrealistic standards, and so on. I've seen your pics, and you appear skinny more than anything.

Hopefully it should become more and more obvious that liposuction is not the cure. Psychological guidance and help is the only true cure.
Liposuction is not only potentially addictive, but riskier than most people realize. I've watched documentaries on these procedures before, and they had two groups of "Liposuctees", if you will; one group consisted of those who had positive results, and basically got what they wanted, more or less. The other group, consisted of those who had horrible results and did not get what they wanted. As a sidenote, they were also all females as well, except for one guy; who wanted calf-implants. He was one of the fortunate ones. Anyways..I'll reiterate: The root of the problem is psychological, not physical.

Good luck.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
    #2553717 - 04/13/04 10:33 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Wow you really want to look like society is telling you or what ?
I kind of tought you had complexs about yourself seeing the kind of pics you post on OTD: blurry, incomplete pics if you know what I mean.
But anyway as EVERYONE said before me,you are nowhere near fat. we saw your pics and even if you're 30 lbs more than what you look, you would still be sexy as hell in my book :thumbup:
Granted, you're bigger than Calista Flocsomething, but that's all :smirk:

So how much weigh you want to loose? 5 lbs? 10 ?! Come on now, life isnt perfect, perhaps you will never look like Kate Moss but you're the only one who find that bad. Ask HB if you're fat, post a pic and make a survey or something, you'll see its 100% all in your head.
some words of wisedom for the end: fuck society, dont worry and be happy :wink:

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2555930 - 04/13/04 07:15 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You still seemed trapped. Judging by your other post, you seem to be going in cycles. Would you say the way you feel is rather self defeating?

When you try to get yourself out of certain situations... you seem to do things that get you right back to what you wanted to get out of?

Have you ever wondered if its the way you think which makes you assume your fat? Im going to think that it is some other thing inside of yourself which you cannot come to terms with, so you think that by thinking that your fat is a way to escape your problems.

What made you switch from talking about your last post... to this one? Do you have a void inside of yourself which you feel like cant be filled? If you want help, its best that you respond to people, or give them feeback.

--------------------
What?

OfflineCeeEssGee
Canadian-American

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
    #2556157 - 04/13/04 07:51 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You obviously want people to be honest, so fine: you are slightly overweight. Does that matter? Good god, no! Furthermore, you are hardly someone I would consider "fat".

Everyone has their merits, and flaws. Yours is such a minor flaw, and it CAN be worked out in other ways. You say you've tried so many things, but have you tried a combination? I lost 60 pounds. It took just over a year, and I didn't resort to any drastic measures.

First off, I *stopped* smoking, and all drugs/alcohol. Fuck the dipshits who say otherwise on this board - they are demotivating, and there is nothing else to it. Next, I ate balanced meals - three per day, and didn't snack, or eat desert, because there really is no reason. I also cut out beef and pork, but that was probably not a major factor (be sure to eat a lot of chicken/fish, if you do). Finally, you need to do AT LEAST 30 minutes of cardio every day. You can take a day off every once in a while, but when you do this, it must be at least 30 minutes, otherwise it's pointless. If you can't run, walk. Work your way up to running, though. If it's proving difficult, then alternate running and walking. I started off running 1.5 minutes, walking 1.5 minutes, running 1.5 minutes, etc etc, and it took about 2 months to be able to run for 30 minutes straight.

Results are not quick, but they are certain. Don't lose the weight in an unhealthy manner, or you will regret it, and your self esteem will be a lot worse than it is now. My msn is jborlak@hotmail.com (which is also my email). Feel free to email/chat, if you need fitness info.

--------------------
Why, sirrah, why may a caudled fillhorse be deemed the brother to a hiren candle in the night? Withal, because a candle may be greased, yet a fillhorse be without a fat argier!

InvisibleLeViTY
I missed theark.

Re: Liposuction... [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2556380 - 04/13/04 08:38 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Zero7a1 said:
... so you think that by thinking that your fat is a way to escape your problems.

Do you have a void inside of yourself which you feel like cant be filled?

The VOID I have is my LACK of self confidence. I hate everything about myself; especially my weight. I think that if I could change my weight, I could "fill the void" perhaps.

And thinking I'm fat isn't a way to escape my problems. Thinking I'm fat is a catalyst to worsening and increasing my problems.

And to the person who recommended eating better and excersising, maybe you didn't hear me. I have had a nutritionist, tried dieting and exercising, IT DOESN'T WORK. I'm physically unable to lose the extra weight.

I spoke to my Mom today about getting the surgery and she said she'd take me to get a consultation. But I'm so ashamed of my body, I don't even want a doctor to see it. My mom has had lipo, nosejobs, boob jobs, chin job, botox, facelifts, etc. So she obviously doesn't have a problem with cosmetic surgery. But I still don't know if this is what I want...

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2556452 - 04/13/04 08:56 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

There are no quick fixes to lifes problems. Excersizing isnt a one time thing, eating right for a few weeks isnt going to make you a flawless being. We all have our physical shortcomings, but these are not important. What keeps you from enjoying your life is a part of your lack of self confidence and maybe some other character flaws (which we all have, believe me).

Do you eat breakfast in the morning? regular meals? Do you get regular excersize? Do you drink your required ammount of water?

If you do all of these and there is no change, it may be genetic. Therefore anything you might do may have no effect.

Your state is obviously fueled by your lack of self confidence. Have you always felt this way...? Have these feelings caused problems which have destroyed your relationships?

There is no pill for the bad situations life brings us. There is no lipo suction to take away all the baad things that life presents to us every day.

Some things will never get better unless you personally decide for them to stop. ITs your life, you will either choose to let these problems have control of you, or you will rise above. You are obviously aware of your condition, which makes me think you have some sort of control.

Dont give up, and definitely dont give in. If you are not seeing a therapist, i would recommend going to see one. Hate will only make you feel worse.

Things will never get better till you decide to accept who you are, fat or thin. You will always be there, no liposuction or face lift will ever change that.

--------------------
What?

InvisibleBlu Spore
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2556466 - 04/13/04 09:00 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

After you fix your (supposed) weight problem what is to stop you from obsessing over another less than perfect feature? As people age they are prone to gaining weight, wrinkles, sagging ect, so you can have a never ending cycle of finding flaws and then trying to fix them.

The only thing that will save you from this... is acceptance. You have to accept your body and accept or tune out other people's opinions of you. This is easier said then done of course.

OfflineCeeEssGee
Canadian-American

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
    #2556711 - 04/13/04 10:00 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I saw what you typed. Regardless, I don't think you read what I typed. Sure, you tried exercise and nutrition, but did you try it consistently, for at least a couple months, daily? Did you make sure that the exercise included cardio *every day*? At least 30 minutes?

If so, then, have you seen an endocrinologist?

--------------------
Why, sirrah, why may a caudled fillhorse be deemed the brother to a hiren candle in the night? Withal, because a candle may be greased, yet a fillhorse be without a fat argier!

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being