Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCornelius
Heinous Anus
Male User Gallery

Loc: T.O.
I give up...boil??!!
    #2552073 - 04/12/04 05:34 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, after almost 3 months of trying to track down a new seal for the pressure cooker I purchased off of ebay, I finally found out that there is no longer one available and my PC is USELESS...I can't put my frusteration into words. I have everything else ready to proceed now except a PC. I can't afford a newer PC at this time, but I'm absolutely dying to get started since it's been over 4 months since I first got the idea.

So my question is: should I use a regular pot to boil and steralize?...what is my likelihood for success and is there any tips on ensuring successful sterilization with a regular pot?...

Please help an increasingly frusterated SOB... :nonono:

--------------------
Even as the nineteenth century had to come to terms with the notion of human decent from apes, we must now come to terms with the fact that those apes were stoned apes. Being stoned seems to have been our unique characteristic.

- Terence McKenna

1946 - 2000

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNickster_154371
entheogen enthusiast
Male
Re: I give up...boil??!! [Re: Cornelius]
    #2552100 - 04/12/04 05:45 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I use brf/verm in pf jars for boiling...have only had a couple contams here and there, but over all its very good.

OfflineMinimumEfrt2
enthusiast
Re: I give up...boil??!! [Re: Nickster_154371]
    #2552613 - 04/12/04 10:27 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i just boiled and all 7 out of 12 of my jars are contamed before any signs of mycelium. still waiting for the other 5 to contam... no mycelium yet on them either.. i dont think i sterilized long enough tho. Is steam sterilizing for an hour long enough? it said that it was in the PF tek off of erowid, and then i read the PF tek off of this site and it said 1:30.

InvisibleArrakis
PsilocybinPsycho

#2552618 - 04/12/04 10:28 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Check out a couple of thrift stores for a PC.  I got mine from one for $5.  It's a 4 quart model, but the price was right.  Just find the one that is in the best condition, say things like "I'll probably have to replace this gasket here, there's no rack for it, and I'll probably have to get it tested by the city, too".  Then when they give you a bewildered look, say "I'll give you $5 for it."

Even if a PC doesn't get all the way up to 15 PSI, it's still going to get hotter inside (and kill contams more efficiently) than a big pot with a lid. :beer:

--------------------
Funniest shit I've read in a while:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=886829&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart

"He who controls the spice controls the universe!"

InvisibleTheDrugStore

Loc: Hawaii Flag
    #2552816 - 04/12/04 11:20 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I dont even use a PC. I have made a total of about 48 jars. 2 of them have contamed. The reason they contamed was not even because of unproper steralization, it was because i was doing G2G and some airborne shit got in.

Anyways using the PF tek you should not worry about contams with only streaming. Steam for an hour.

I use grain, the trick is to get the endospores to germinate then kill them when there vornable. With grain this is acheived by soaking it in boiled water for 24 hours, then microwave for 6 min. in 2 min incraments. Then i steam. If your doing the PF tek and are using BRF and Verm then all you have to do is steam for an hour one day, next day at same time steam again, and if you want you can steam once more on a 3rd day.

Personally im lazy as hell and only steam once, no contams this method might i remind you.

Dont worry man, and pressure cooker is not absolutly needed. If you improvize and keep clean then you will have no problems with nasty contams.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana and mushrooms in private for personal use.

OfflineMinimumEfrt2
enthusiast
Re: I give up...boil??!! [Re: TheDrugStore]
    #2553019 - 04/13/04 12:11 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

ok, so steaming for an hour should be long enough??? cuz all of my jars contamed... but then again, i am a total n00b...

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: I give up...boil??!! [Re: MinimumEfrt2]
    #2553116 - 04/13/04 12:40 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Search for fractional sterilization. It works, plain and simple. I have seen it done by a friend perfectly every time, as long as his syringes were clean. He has used WBS, PF style, Popcorn, and Rye berries this way.

Boil or steam the jars at least twice, three times a charm as my friend would always say. Give them about 24 hours between cookings. 1 hour is generally too short IMO, I would say at least an hour and a half, two days in a row.

Search garage sales and previously owned goods stores for a PC. You can find anything cheap if you look in the right places.

--------------------
To give is to live...

Offlinefrock
    #2553624 - 04/13/04 07:58 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Or just go to sears and a new pc is only 30 dollars. It will only hold like 5-6 1/2 pints. The next size is only 40 dollars and it is double the size. I bet you would have payed that for the new part anyways.
Well maybe not but thats still cheap.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag