Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCooltuba
Mycostudent
 User Gallery

Loc: Home
Fully Colinized WBS
    #2548924 - 04/11/04 04:46 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

My WBS jars are done, and I'm going to be using them to innoculate bulk sub. (straw and worm castings) tomorrow. My question is this: I've read that one of the reasons WBS is so great is that each individual grain is an innoculation point. My WBS is colonized into a big brick inside the jar. Should I shake them to try and break up the kernels? If so, do I just keep shaking until it's individual kernels, or just until there's clumps of wbs about the size of crumbled cakes? Thanks in advance for the info.

--Cooltuba

--------------------
Above musings are entirely fictional.  I do not grow mushrooms nor do I associate with anyone who does.

DRUGS ARE BAD!  MMMMKAY?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMykey
spectraltraveler

Re: Fully Colinized WBS [Re: Cooltuba]
    #2549358 - 04/11/04 07:49 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

You should IME shake those puppies every few days as they are colonizing. THis will not only keep it broken up so its easier to birth but it will also make it colonize much faster.
If you got a brick in there,as you say,you can just pop that baby out into a new(sterile)ziplock bag and crumble it up really good from outside the bag. Then just mix it into your straw and worm castings and away you go.

--------------------

OfflineCooltuba
Mycostudent
 User Gallery

Loc: Home
Re: Fully Colinized WBS [Re: Mykey]
    #2551388 - 04/12/04 01:17 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I shook them every other day, but they colinized in 6 days, so I shook on the 2nd day, 4th day, and when I went to shake them on the sixth day, they were fully colonized and hard as a brick. I was able to shake them around and get the pieces small enough to get out of the mouth of the jar and into baggies to break them up further. Thanks for the advice...5 shrooms for you!

--------------------
Above musings are entirely fictional.  I do not grow mushrooms nor do I associate with anyone who does.

DRUGS ARE BAD!  MMMMKAY?

OfflineMycoGlowFlow
between the walls
Male

Loc: michigan
    #2551502 - 04/12/04 01:47 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

mycilium constriction which occurs invitro is sometimes caused by lack of h20 in the substrate. try varying ur ratios next time around.

--------------------
(the key-strokes that have completed everything ever typed on this user name have been a random coincidence, except for the words in this notation)

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
    #4951977 - 11/18/05 02:23 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Cooltuba said:
My WBS jars are done, and I'm going to be using them to inoculate bulk sub. (straw and worm castings) tomorrow.  My question is this:  I've read that one of the reasons WBS is so great is that each individual grain is an inoculation point.  My WBS is colonized into a big brick inside the jar.  Should I shake them to try and break up the kernels?  If so, do I just keep shaking until it's individual kernels, or just until there's clumps of wbs about the size of crumbled cakes?  Thanks in advance for the info.

--Cooltuba

Yes, break them up really fine. The finer you get them to break up the more inoculation points you create.

Doc

:cool: :thumbup:

WTF??? Every damn post I have replied to in the past 15 minutes is over a year old at least. WTF??

--------------------

Edited by doc34 (11/18/05 02:41 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds