Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Does Easter Have any meaning
    #2551403 - 04/12/04 01:20 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well for me no its just another holiday where i get to buy loads of chocolate and stuff my face full other than than it has no meaning at all.

What would be better is if we could have a mushroom holiday instead, where we can go around giving each other big chocolate shrooms and toadstools. It would be a lot more mystical and fun.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Does Easter Have any meaning [Re: EvilGir]
    #2551413 - 04/12/04 01:23 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

chocolate covered shrooms sounds so good..mmm

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2551451 - 04/12/04 01:35 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

[x] I like the way you think, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

[ ] I do not wish to sign up at this time.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2551551 - 04/12/04 01:59 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

It is the day that we celebrate the kidnapping of the corpse of Christ by his followers and the turning of that minor event into a magical myth about corporeal resurrection.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2551599 - 04/12/04 02:09 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

easter is the day when the Easter Bunny ressurected Santa Claus from the dead, right?

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: Does Easter Have any meaning [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2551784 - 04/12/04 03:48 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

easter for me means rebirth, spring, renewal, good weather, fresh smelling air and reminds me that its about time to find myself a new woman...

also a good time to see family and friends and count blessings

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #2552504 - 04/12/04 09:57 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Popular Christianity, following the colorful images of the 'empty tomb narratives' of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, portrayed the Resurrection in terms of a 'resusitation' of a corpse. These ' midrashic' Jewish writings are still taken materialistically by children and adults with undeveloped spiritual faculties (which is most people).

The earliest legitimate Christian writings in the Bible are some of Paul's and he never spoke of an empty tomb or a resusitated corpus. Paul wrote that he encountered the Resurrected Christ in experiences of Sound and Light - not in any embodied sense - not even in some transfigured bodily form. The Gospel narratives, like many other profound scriptures, offer images and story-line, which must then be delved into for their meaning. The literal, imaginal meaning is all well and good for Concrete-Operational thinking of children and adults who have not reached Formal Operational thinking, or Trans-rational thinking. In India for example, the battle field upon which Krishna instructs Arjuna (the Divine Self instructs the ego) is understood to be metaphor for the Inner Landscape of the Spirit, NOT an outer landscape. In the West, our culture's technological superiority is matched by the cultural 'Shadow' of 'spiritual retardation.'

Whatever the Resurrection is, it's not nothing, and it was and is the central MYSTERY of the Cult of Christianity. Reducing the words to images and artwork has done damage to (which is why such art is forbidden in Judaism and Islam) many peoples' ability to penetrate further. On the other hand, maybe this is the point. Those who have limited ability to refine out the meaning, who take the dross for the Gold, should not enter any further in until their spiritual development has been cultivated further. Otherwise, infantile Sensori-Motor mentality and Concrete Operational thinking will prevail, and understanding will be like trying to hold water in a net - nothing will be grasped of the meaning encoded into the images.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Does Easter Have any meaning [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2553071 - 04/13/04 12:25 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

So, in summation, I must believe in the gold, before I can see the gold. How is this different from any other type of self-delusion? If something has substance, I should should be able to see it without first having to trick myself.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Does Easter Have any meaning [Re: Swami]
    #2560225 - 04/14/04 04:02 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

so in summation...
you must not only BELIEVE that the base metal can be transmuted into noble metal; you must REALIZE that you are the very substance being subjected to the transmutation process...
(heck, that's from the Alchemy 102 class back at good ol' miskatonic u...)
~
incarnation, inspiration, transfigration, expiration, resurrection...
classic themes from prehistory, a god (or goddess) died & raised again, the story clothed in jewish language & presented so as to be sensible to pagan minds...
~
christ is risen
he is risen indeed
alleluia
+
++
+++

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom