Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Grow Bags   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Just got back from West V! Oh Boy!!!!! [Re: Joshua]
    #2563961 - 04/15/04 01:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Joshua, the photos of the 21 day growth of Copelandia cyanescens on fresh manure shows this for a fact.

They were growing from fresh manure on a trail at Kualoa Ranch. A trail I had actually followed every two to three days for many years.

On a day after going the day before, this fresh cowpie, not there the day before was as seen in my p cultivation section at my site.

The manure is fresh. and was not there before.

The shrooms grew from this manure heap for 21 days. I came back every three days to photograph it.

By the 21st day the manure was dried and hard from no rain and was half into the ground. IT was under trees to the right of a path I walked on a daily basis for years. Thus it was also protected from the hot noon sun as well as the rain falling at night.

I only originally photographed it that day because the shrooms were growing from fresh manure.

Therefore the mycelium probably grew while in the cows stomach.

The vast majority of Copes and cubes are generally found more or less in decomposed manure of four to six weeks.

mj

You can also see the progression of from many shrooms in the first couple flushes until eventually they get smaller every third day I came back and fewer as the time went by until there were small and eventually no more.

http://mushroomjohn.com/cult2.htm

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Just got back from West V! Oh Boy!!!!! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2564079 - 04/15/04 02:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Lol...that manure hardly looks fresh on day one. The pile has no form to it and looks like it has been there through rain and at least several days.

I find it more likely that the pile was an oversight on the observers behalf. I've seen P. cyans form fruits on agar 7 days post inoculation. There is no doubt that panaeolus will fruit quickly.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2564259 - 04/15/04 02:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Joshua, that manure was fresh the day I started to photograph it.
AS I mentioned I had legal permission to collect specimens from every ranch on four islands in Hawaii fpor 8 years on Oahu.

I waled this trail everyday up and down the mountains of Kualoa. I knew when and where the shrooms grew on a regular basis and at what time fo the year.

This was a thick dark manure and was still moist when I found int int he morning. It was not there the day before.There is no doubt in that at all.

anyway,
have a shroomy day.

mj

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Just got back from West V! Oh Boy!!!!! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2564516 - 04/15/04 03:31 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I can look at the picture and doubt your observations. I also doubt that the mycelium would survive the gut of a ruminant to the degree that it would form full fruits within 24 hours of deposit.

Simple reasoning leads me to doubt your observations. I suggest you submit your tale to a professional mycologist and see what they have to say about it.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineBluMonkee
keeper of thelittle people

Loc: Lookin' for an Incident
    #2564936 - 04/15/04 04:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I especially like the hidden camera lens sticking out from under the pile of manure in the first pic  :thumbup: or maybe it's a Christmas ornament, I can't tell for sure  :crazy:

--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Grow Bags   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale